Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 2.06.16 PM.png

Those are licensed Indian players, alright ... and that too playing in a licensed stadium.

(Pun aside, It could be a clip from a pre-patched game or it is not C24).

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
That may be the case as the lighting looks a lot different to the screenshots we have seen and a few other things as well. Why can't they just do things simple?

I can't see why they would be tight lipped for so long only for a 30 second clip to come out of 11 identical zombie looking Indian players with identical score hud and the same fielding mechanic thing as last year.

I could be wrong but seems odd. If you were going to re release the same game to an extent surely a fresh score hud would give it a fresh look.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
View attachment 284301

Those are licensed Indian players, alright ... and that too playing in the licensed stadium.

(Pun aside, I think its a clip from a pre-patched game).
This just cant be an officially sanctioned clip of 24: the generic zombies, the hand going through the back of a team mate in the huddle................the utter disinterest on the faces of the players....even the animated players look utterly underwhelmed with the task they have been given.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I can't see why they would be tight lipped for so long only for a 30 second clip to come out of 11 identical zombie looking Indian players with identical score hud and the same fielding mechanic thing as last year.

I could be wrong but seems odd. If you were going to re release the same game to an extent surely a fresh score hud would give it a fresh look.
Your right actually the huds are identical I’d been looking at career mode

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
View attachment 284301

Those are licensed Indian players, alright ... and that too playing in the licensed stadium.

(Pun aside, I think its a clip from a pre-patched game or it is not C24).
I do not see the issue here. The team is made up of identical brothers.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Looking back at the devs video yesterday it can’t be from 24 or a finished version looks totally different to what we see on there screen

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
The biggest issue with licensing in this game is that half the stuff will become outdated by early to mid 2024 considering the IPL (meaning new kits again) and the T20 World Cup. And players during that time could also change bat sponsors too. Big Ant removing the ability to edit licensed players means we have to rely on them to consistently keep releasing patches when stuff like this happens.

AJ MODS

National Board President
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
The biggest issue with licensing in this game is that half the stuff will become outdated by early to mid 2024 considering the IPL (meaning new kits again) and the T20 World Cup. And players during that time could also change bat sponsors too. Big Ant removing the ability to edit licensed players means we have to rely on them to consistently keep releasing patches when stuff like this happens.
Completely agree
In new season , we have to make unlinked new teams again
These teams were better without licenses , atleast they could have been edited as per time

Wealey

ICC Board Member

The licensing as you said is a double edge sword.

If it brings animations then great. But as far as looks etc we can't adjust them so it gives us less creativity. Every player being physically identical is a bit odd.

sandy50

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don’t mind if it looks the same as Cricket 22 if the overall gameplay experience is improved. My biggest issue with Cricket 22 was the lack of balance in the game. Spinners are overpowered, and AI dismissals in Tests don’t feel like a Test match type. AI is not at all competitive in T20s. The game lacks cricket dynamics. For example, you would never see a batsman loft a shot and catch being taken in the inner circle which happens quite often in T20s. AI hardly reacts to the situations

Users who are viewing this thread