Cricket 24 - General Discussion

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
the game was releasd in 2009 but look at that .. sky clouds ground comentry everything looks far betr thn c22 in 2022 :D bigant is far behind !
It's likely an unpopular opinion, but I disagree with the bolded statement. While I agree that the progress with Big Ant cricket games over the years hasn't been what the hardcore fans would expect. But I do not believe these old games are anyway better than all of the Big Ant cricket games. I mean to start with look at the ground and zoom in on that green carpet with both games, I am pretty confident there will be a big difference. Talking about sky and lighting, there were not too many differences in different cricket grounds around the world in these old games if I remember correctly. Cricket 22, you can tell the difference, if you are playing in Delhi or Wellington. Not to mention the amount of customization we get to build your grounds with similar effects. Commentary, yes, that has never been Big Ant's forte, but I personally hardly care about that.

As I said, my opinion is likely in minority. To me, Big Ant's cricket games are the best to date and I thoroughly enjoy them, barring a few things. But to each to their own, if you guys think 2009's Ashes Cricket or even EA Cricket back from 2007 and earlier are still better than the latest Cricket 22, well it is certainly your money to spend.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer

It's likely an unpopular opinion, but I disagree with the bolded statement. While I agree that the progress with Big Ant cricket games over the years hasn't been what the hardcore fans would expect. But I do not believe these old games are anyway better than all of the Big Ant cricket games. I mean to start with look at the ground and zoom in on that green carpet with both games, I am pretty confident there will be a big difference. Talking about sky and lighting, there were not too many differences in different cricket grounds around the world in these old games if I remember correctly. Cricket 22, you can tell the difference, if you are playing in Delhi or Wellington. Not to mention the amount of customization we get to build your grounds with similar effects. Commentary, yes, that has never been Big Ant's forte, but I personally hardly care about that.

As I said, my opinion is likely in minority. To me, Big Ant's cricket games are the best to date and I thoroughly enjoy them, barring a few things. But to each to their own, if you guys think 2009's Ashes Cricket or even EA Cricket back from 2007 and earlier are still better than the latest Cricket 22, well it is certainly your money to spend.
I think if cricket 24 has graphics better than AFL 23, which I think it would, then the same can be comparable to graphics of fifa 17-19 because as per my observation AFL 23's graphics and FIFA 16's graphics are quite identical.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Speaking of pitch deg, I don't think I've ever seen variable bounce in any BA cricket game (unless someone wants to correct me).

More lateral movement, sure, and a higher wicket chance, but that would be great to see as it's very much a thing irl.
There is some uneven bounce in ashes cricket 17 if we select uneven as pitch wear.This is on second day hard uneven pitch.This gameplay does capture the flat aussie wickets with true bounce .

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner

It’s a gamer tendency to overrate older games based on nostalgia and ignore all of their flaws because they played them whilst growing up/had more free time/were not as critical in the past. You go onto a place like r/cricket and you see everyone unanimously praising Cricket 07 and calling it the best cricket game ever when the base game without any mods or patches was nowhere near what any of them talk about.

I agree that BA’s games with all their flaws and quirks are the best cricket games available today. There’s a reason why people don’t go back to playing all of these older titles for long despite their nostalgic attachments if they have the opportunity to play one of the newer games and that’s because they don’t stand up when scrutinised beyond the veil of nostalgia and aren’t near as good.

This isn’t just a trend in cricket gaming, I’ve seen it in other gaming perspectives too and it seldom is factually true.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It’s a gamer tendency to overrate older games based on nostalgia and ignore all of their flaws because they played them whilst growing up/had more free time/were not as critical in the past. You go onto a place like r/cricket and you see everyone unanimously praising Cricket 07 and calling it the best cricket game ever when the base game without any mods or patches was nowhere near what any of them talk about.

I agree that BA’s games with all their flaws and quirks are the best cricket games available today. There’s a reason why people don’t go back to playing all of these older titles for long despite their nostalgic attachments if they have the opportunity to play one of the newer games and that’s because they don’t stand up when scrutinised beyond the veil of nostalgia and aren’t near as good.

This isn’t just a trend in cricket gaming, I’ve seen it in other gaming perspectives too and it seldom is factually true.
Preach!

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@MattW @Ross if batsman out on duck can you please add duck emoji with batmsan while walking in cricket24 ! check image ! ignore kohli in this photo couldnt find another proper photo !

Screenshot 2023-04-23 152718.png

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India

It is true.How many gamers would prefer to play all those cricket games of nostalgic era?

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
All this talk about Ashes 09 and 10: I once scored 1200 runs with Andrew Strauss in a single session and the outfield fielding was horrible. The outfield catching was great though. I would rather have competitive gameplay and pitches that matter than anything else in the world: ducks, flags, dust, god knows what else. I hope fielding has been given an overhaul but am not confident unfortunately.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
EA is using frostbite since fifa 17... frostbite 3 used in fifa 23 is just an upgrade of the original engine and there has been a significant graphical upgrade since fifa 22 graphics wise..so can we expect cricket 24 to be a major graphical upgrade from cricket 22???

Users who are viewing this thread