Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well this last 360 pages have been a depressing read. I have previously bought every BAS cricket game on day one from back in the DBC14 days up to Cricket 22. I think Cricket 22 might be my last purchase from BA. I very much doubt I can be convinced to try Cricket 24 based on what I am reading here and seeing elsewhere.

Obviously, not owning Cricket 24 means I can’t really make any definitive analysis of what works and what doesn’t but, having played the previous games, I could have predicted that this is what we were going to get served this time around. My hypothesis is that the problems with this game are not patchable. This is partly because the flaws are in the design, not just the implementation, and partly because leadership at BA appears to have created a culture that will always produce sub-standard, unmaintainable output no matter how dedicated and capable the coding staff are. The reason they didn’t improve the gameplay but focused on the licensing is, I would propose, because they can’t fix the gameplay without a redesign and they won’t be doing that. Really bad design choices have locked them into a position where there is no way forward to improve the game beyond a few tweaks here and there...but Career Mode, alone, needs a lot more than that.

It is a shame, when thinking back to the days of collaboration, communication and drive to create something great that surrounded the release of DBC14, that things are so very different now.
Of course, I could be completely wrong and this week’s patch fixes everything (or even anything)…we will see.

Rowdoss

Club Captain
Sigh…..
I’ve paid little to no attention to the build up and release of cricket 24.
Cricket 22 was a poor release, ended up being a fairly solid version of the franchise.
What I’m seeing and hearing now in regards to 24 is both shocking but unsurprising.
On the back of one of the most diabolically bad video game releases in recent industry history with their Australian Rules football game, they’ve seemingly released another absolute DOA lemon. The fact they probably will eventually patch this into some passable version of what might’ve been, does not excuse this declining trend of this studio releasing increasingly insulting products.
I WAS, at one time, what many might’ve called a “big ant fan boy”, numerous online arguments talking up and defending the studio and their games. But their previous 3 major releases have just been straight up insulting. This franchise instead of iterating and improving year to year, is arguably regressing. Many features and creation/editing assets and tools disappearing over the years, weakening the franchises biggest asset (community creation)
And very very little meaningful gameplay improvement.
Big Ant has to do better.

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Look game play wise it’s been pretty much fine for me but only in the play mode now.

All licensed of custom comp modes have crashed on me.
Licenses have killed the fun in this game.

I can’t stand players without any form of likeness and fake bats.

How can you justify or explain licensed players like Glenn Maxwell using a kookaburra bay from 2021 when the model he uses now the Beast is licensed in the game, same goes with any Aus or English player they have updated bats on the game but not for the players that actually use them.

Stuart Broad used a GM which is in this game but he uses a fake bat on it and you can’t change it.

Shit like that annoys the crap out of me. There is no appeal to play any of the licensed comps like the hundred or IPL when they are full of players with terrible likeness and no real bats.

I’ve tried using custom sides of wastes like Pakistan etc in World Cup and the game crashes.

paolomaldini77

School Cricketer
Bugs Report Update
I Have reported the following bugs to Big Ants to which a patch is already in development for points 3,5,9, and 12 (as informed by big ants)
Fellow gamers can review these bugs and add any other specific bug if noted.

1. Fielders are still slow in the outfield to react
2. Fielders instead of stopping the ball inside the boundary go outside of the boundary.
3. All Batsman Play similar style except Steven Smith
4. The Ball Weight feels like a tennis ball. Its Physics has to be improved
5. The ball did not spin at all, even on a dry 5th-day wicket
6. Wicketkeepers and fielders dive unnecessarily even if the ball is in front of them.
7. WK throws the ball to the striker's end for no reason
8. DRS appeal by the fielding team is in the opposite direction of the umpire
9. Hair physics is horrible
10. Sometimes fielder catches the ball in the opposite direction, as if the ball came from the crowd
11. WK is still dozed off in whipping the bails off while stumping or running out of chance
12. Camera angles in Indian Stadiums are bizarre (broadcast 1 while batting), Cant see batsmen while facing fast bowlers due to the sight screen, especially in Arun Jaitely Stadium (sight screens are made to improve the sight of the batsman BTW :P)
13. Commentary is not in sync
14. The crowd is not in sync

AmanT94

School Cricketer
Look game play wise it’s been pretty much fine for me but only in the play mode now.

All licensed of custom comp modes have crashed on me.
Licenses have killed the fun in this game.

I can’t stand players without any form of likeness and fake bats.

How can you justify or explain licensed players like Glenn Maxwell using a kookaburra bay from 2021 when the model he uses now the Beast is licensed in the game, same goes with any Aus or English player they have updated bats on the game but not for the players that actually use them.

Stuart Broad used a GM which is in this game but he uses a fake bat on it and you can’t change it.

Shit like that annoys the crap out of me. There is no appeal to play any of the licensed comps like the hundred or IPL when they are full of players with terrible likeness and no real bats.

I’ve tried using custom sides of wastes like Pakistan etc in World Cup and the game crashes.
Just goes to show the team are
a.) not big cricket fans
b.) not detail oriented

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Clearly shows that people are still preferring a 2 year old game over the new "overhauled" game. Time to introspect big ant. Truly if your product was even 50% of what was been said the numbers would be have been favouring c24 than c22.

Attachments

• IMG_20231010_101210.jpg
    IMG_20231010_101210.jpg
    694.3 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20231010_101118.jpg
    Screenshot_20231010_101118.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 73

Harigoks

County Cricketer
What happened to rapid patching? For C22, they almost had a patch every day for a month and then it became weekly patches. I'm guessing that BA will release a bigger patch today as per Ross's comment (though he mentioned that the patch is due today and not the size of it or what it would fix).

Also, I've also I was told that the career player's skills and numbers don't go up now matter how good they play the game and perform. Is that true?

Users who are viewing this thread