Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
does holding down L2 + R2 only play an air shot in cricket 24? In the older cricket games it was mostly an attacking ground shot unless timed incorrectly, where it would pop up in the air. is this a bug?
It was working fine till recently. Played today and everything is going in the air like normal aggressive shot. Can't play aggressive ground shot

threetoed

School Cricketer
Well being pessimistic it will just strengthen their belief that the number one thing is licences and gameplay will be second or third or whereveer they prioritise it.

Besides the 2 IPL teams, what's left to license that would boost sales? The US league? I'm guessing after Rugby, Cricket, and soon to be Tiebreak all missing their dates, they won't be getting any licenses tied to timed events in the future. Plus, it seems like the gameplay has improved from 22 a bit, so 26 may be even better.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Besides the 2 IPL teams, what's left to license that would boost sales? The US league? I'm guessing after Rugby, Cricket, and soon to be Tiebreak all missing their dates, they won't be getting any licenses tied to timed events in the future. Plus, it seems like the gameplay has improved from 22 a bit, so 26 may be even better.
Unless there is some proof of improved gameplay and career mode enhancements, am not gonna buy the next cricket game from this developer be it 2026 or 2046.

threetoed

School Cricketer
Out of curiousity, I assume the "Ultimate Team" mode still hasn't surfaced and has been quietly forgotten about?

They removed it from the list of features around the time they announced the delay. It's no longer a feature listed for the game, so it will never surface.

fezza

Club Captain
The County Championship... some great grounds like Worcester and Taunton are still missing. It would also be fantastic to have famous outgrounds like Scarborough and Chesterfield too.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

threetoed

School Cricketer
The County Championship... some great grounds like Worcester and Taunton are still missing. It would also be fantastic to have famous outgrounds like Scarborough and Chesterfield too.
As cool as that would be, it wouldn't generate a lot of new sales. That what my joke about the US league - lots of people in the US who don't buy cricket games. I don't think getting the US league would drive sales in the US. If they got India, that would make a bigger difference - assuming that it would drive sales in India.

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
My question is, is the patch even out? I have not seen the patch here in US.

I had a patch this morning (NZ time), was a couple of GB. I expect that it was the "interim" patch they mentioned, so have no idea what it actually entails. Likely just the day 1 patch everyone else got.

Azamkisran

Club Captain
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I was not the only one asking for this feature

Attachments

• IMG_20231031_071039.jpg
    IMG_20231031_071039.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 78

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I had a patch this morning (NZ time), was a couple of GB. I expect that it was the "interim" patch they mentioned, so have no idea what it actually entails. Likely just the day 1 patch everyone else got.
what version of game you have ?

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
I think Cricket games after 2028 would see a major improvement, and maybe other bigger devs to make it like 2k or EA again. Because of cricket being in the olympics in 2028, also cricket will most likely be in 2032 olympics in australia, and india is planning to bid for 2036.

I would love to see Sony get more involved in cricket games, and make a cricket game with the presentation style and commentary found in MLB the show games.

I enjoy Cricket 24, but there are definitely things Big Ant needs to improve on. The biggest being field, which is horrendous and the 2nd main thing for me is presentation. I loved presentation in the big bash boom game they made, the animations were pretty fluid and commentary was accurate and funny. They could also look at some things from EA cricket and brian lara cricket, like if the ball hits the batsman on the head throw in an animation where he's on the ground and can't run a single or double.

Big Ant positives:
I love pro batting/bowling controls they introduced,
batting is realistic
Stadium details is pretty awesome in cricket 24

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread