Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
One other thing I will add is that I bowled almost 25 overs in a County game and 10 overs in a 50 over game with my leg-spinner and never had an easy short leg catch and only had one run out.

Granted my seaming conditions sliders have run rate at about 22 so the AI might not take risky runs. The run out I did get was in the 42nd over of the one day game against Sussex. They were chasing a big score and miles behind the rate and Travis Head tried to turn a 1 and a half into 2. So in that sense the run out was highly satisfying and completely realistic in the context of that game.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Won't be trying the new patch until tomorrow. But can we add a randomiser for team, stadium and pitch selection which were removed after being in previous games (like a lot of things)

Also a nit-picky one, when editing the Masuri helmets, you can't individually edit the details of them in the same way they look on licensed teams.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
30gb patch for Xbox out!

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What is this improved player visuals? Any notable changes seen?
Post automatically merged:

Also, I'm halfway through day 2 and the pitch hasn't changed. Grassy, soft, pitch wear -fast. Please don't tell me that visible pitch wear has gone again?

Edit: scrap that. I'm halfway through Day 3 now and it's definitely deteriorated. I can relax again now...
Is the deterioration only visual or the turn and bounce also varied based on the pitch deterioration?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Won't be trying the new patch until tomorrow. But can we add a randomiser for team, stadium and pitch selection which were removed after being in previous games (like a lot of things)
Yeah, randomised pitch conditions is needed. The default pitch always seems to be Dry and Hard.

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
Wonder what they improved in the fielding. I still see the fielders just standing there and not getting the ball. I had a ball right next to the field in the 30 yd circle, but the bowler ran to get it. Fielders not running towards the ball on the boundary. Fielders seem a bit more jittery now.

They should remove the side step / shuffle animation they've added in the game.

V13w3r

School Cricketer
Got new patch on Xbox... haven't got out the Academy but some notable changes. Player visuals (facially) look better, we have the licensed players rather than their unlicensed links, ability to add bats to licensed players who do not have licensed bats within the player creator (and I would think there is scope within the "Equipment" section they have added to expand & allow more equipment changes ultimately), ratings seem to have been improved (were all over the place on the initial release), bats are now fixed.

Couple of things not fixed that I assume are easy... some player stats are miles off (0 games played etc) - Shimron Hetmeyer, Johnson Charles, Andre Russell, Rovman Powell, Dwayne Bravo, Chadwick Walton, Mark Deyal, Lockie Ferguson. Harshit Rana still down as a medium pacer when he is a fast bowler. As I say, I expect these are easy fixes but not something we can sort.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Has the loading in career mode been fixed, I refunded the game because of Bugs and the long loading during career mode which use to piss me off.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Well, They indeed are moving to the correct direction. Fielding feels alright. Had a nice ODI game last night, simulation still feels meh if you play on medium difficulty. On hard, seems alright. Chicken legs exist though. Don't think that'll be ever atrained to. Bavuma still remains tall.

Playin on steam and can tell ya, still not good enough to buy. I'll feast on my friend's misfortune, little longer :p

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Well, They indeed are moving to the correct direction. Fielding feels alright. Had a nice ODI game last night, simulation still feels meh if you play on medium difficulty. On hard, seems alright. Chicken legs exist though. Don't think that'll be ever atrained to. Bavuma still remains tall.

Playin on steam and can tell ya, still not good enough to buy. I'll feast on my friend's misfortune, little longer :p
Buying on PS4 not worth it. Buying on steam still decent. The game now is far better than c22. If the future patches can address few more issues without breaking the current stuff then not. Bad buy at all.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
I Played ODI With Latest Patch 4 AI Player run out, Whas going ..... This run out is came back after cricket 22

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I Played ODI With Latest Patch 4 AI Player run out, Whas going ..... This run out is came back after cricket 22
Fielding has been improved and AI running has not. A real bug. A mood killer after a very good patch otherwise.

I will make them aware of it, and I am sure they are already.

For now just restart whenever you get a runout. Or I use a random number generator, random.org to decide whether I keep the run out (say the runout stands 10% of the time)

To anyone thinking about buying the game who hasn't. I actually would now with this latest build. It is better than C22.

Last edited:

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Havent had the run out bug and only play longer formats i.e tests mainly and as far as I have been able to experience it gives an immersive enjoyable experience: Wicketkeepers still too much flying about but better, legs and general body build improvements needed and a score of other things but the gameplay is starting to come to the foreground more so that the other things recede and become less important.

Again I encourage you to play the tennis game Full Ace and experience how genuine gameplay absorbs you completely despite the rather limited graphics et cetera. You need to play it rather than watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread