Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Wouldn't mind if in match type creation, you could create limited overs matches where the wides were like in the 80's (not quite so strict on the leg side), but not as lenient as a test. Sort of an option between normal and test match wides.

As for the state of the game at the moment on PS5, I'm primarily seeing run out logic and balance issues, the fielding ones (poor rope fielding efforts, stupid sideways crabbing, throwing backwards at the stumps)and the crappy team and player overall stats.

So, I'm taking some time before the next patch to lower and rebalance player skills in as many of my created teams as possible.

joeb86

Club Captain
Downloaded a CWC stadium and jersey thing I saw from the cricket 24 Twitter account that’s having a meltdown right now.

Said no to replacing players. Academy did it anyway and I now have a 99 rated Steve smith with no idea how to get back to how he was before?! Very frustrating, especially when I said no to replacing players

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Downloaded a CWC stadium and jersey thing I saw from the cricket 24 Twitter account that’s having a meltdown right now.

Said no to replacing players. Academy did it anyway and I now have a 99 rated Steve smith with no idea how to get back to how he was before?! Very frustrating, especially when I said no to replacing players
This seems to be an issue, heard a few examples of saying no to player replacement and the skills changing anyhow.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Currently playing a test and I'm 75-3 but unfortunately at least 16 of my runs have come through overthrows to the boundary.

There's also a massive difference on batting as a left-hander. Because of the dominant off-side fields the AI sets you get a lot of easy runs. At one point I was 1 off 25 as Crawley as I just couldn't beat the ring field that was set and at the other end was 25 off 15 balls with Duckett as at least 2 balls an over were leg side with no fielders out.

joeb86

Club Captain
Don’t really want to reset all my downloads *again* but might have to
Outside of this issue with academy downloads (and some irritating fielding like crabbing sideways and OP run outs), I’m having a lovely time with c24.

Batting is so much fun and if you bowl with a plan, it can be really great too.

Iron out the academy issues and fielding, think this Will end up a proper winner.

I’d also like more of a roadmap when we will get the Pakistan play faces and NZ stadia too

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Delighted with my 332 all out.

Until the AI strolled to 161-2 in 36 overs. I’d love a bloody run out.
I just had 2 in 2 overs unfortunately. Both direct hits from the boundary.

Think I'll be putting this away until the next patch as it's unplayable in my eyes as it is. Criminal really that after 10 years of making cricket games that something as basic as this keeps happening.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I just had 2 in 2 overs unfortunately. Both direct hits from the boundary.

Think I'll be putting this away until the next patch as it's unplayable in my eyes as it is. Criminal really that after 10 years of making cricket games that something as basic as this keeps happening.

Weird, I guess maybe everyone else plays auto fielding and I’m just an odd ball playing semi assist

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England

You can "delete" licensed players and that'll reset their stats

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
15 wides and 12 byes in 20 overs all due to keeper not moving. Add to that at least 30 runs in edges to the left and right of the keeper...im not even talking about the unrealistic dives, but these edges were regulation takes for a keeper without even diving...add some overthrows coz keeper is not moving and the throw from fielder hitting keeper on the head...

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
15 wides and 12 byes in 20 overs all due to keeper not moving. Add to that at least 30 runs in edges to the left and right of the keeper...im not even talking about the unrealistic dives, but these edges were regulation takes for a keeper without even diving...add some overthrows coz keeper is not moving and the throw from fielder hitting keeper on the head...
They need to fix the keeper ASAP... He was fine till nov 9th..

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
TBH before the last small rollback & a patch before that which spoiled all the fun, it was going in a perfect direction, i was really having fun with C24, Unfortunately couldn't play that much on that good update.
Just hope they dont just re-roll the previous patch this week hearing good things about that without any further improvement/addition, they just need to test their patches themselves just for a single day & they'll come to know whats going wrong instead of taking inputs/bashing from us, or may be they are too lazy.(Sorry , no mean to offend/disgrace anyone associated with the game, but just take it as a suggestion).
I believe C24 definitely has the potential to become the best game after DBC14 , if they do things a little more "carefully".

Users who are viewing this thread