Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It’s bad enough when they push one out to steam, but to see it so bad in steam, pause the console roll-out and then 2 days later go “ah, may as well” is disgraceful.

Odd!!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Also seeing the thing where the AI hits the ball into the ground and it flies to the ring fielders… not seen that in c24 before so I’m gonna assume they’ve patched out infield catches too because that one was a c19 special

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Also seeing the thing where the AI hits the ball into the ground and it flies to the ring fielders… not seen that in c24 before so I’m gonna assume they’ve patched out infield catches too because that one was a c19 special
I had Shreyas Iyer go aerial through extra cover. Felt risky because I had a short cover but it was actually quite refreshing.

Genuinely felt like the AI was leaving realistically, defending realistically and scoring when I lost my line. A few nice drives through the covers mixed in with running it down leg side.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Oh wow, so along with the rest they've got rid of infield catches. I think they need to put this game down.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I had Shreyas Iyer go aerial through extra cover. Felt risky because I had a short cover but it was actually quite refreshing.

Genuinely felt like the AI was leaving realistically, defending realistically and scoring when I lost my line. A few nice drives through the covers mixed in with running it down leg side.
What platform / build?
Post automatically merged:

Oh wow, so along with the rest they've got rid of infield catches. I think they need to put this game down.
I mean, I can’t confirm it. But I had not seen this before where they hit the ball into the ground in front of them and it bounces up and flies to the ring fielder before… not it happens all the time. This fake physics was used in c19 all the time.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What platform / build?
Steam. Latest buiild I think.

One of those things where I believe it's all down to how the individual plays the game. It's why sharing sliders makes no sense to me.

I don't look at the hud for timing, I use the bowler run to time. So I am lucky to get Perfect/Perfect. Bowling with Woakes using the really hard to time Hazlewood action and Wood with the Starc action I don't like. This increase no balls and less chance of perfect bowling. And I'm bowling with Wood so I want to get bouncers in but sometimes Rambo Raja and Say Jhah call those wide.

I've always wondered if the extras impact the overall approach at all. Like if I'm helping the run rate by bowling lots of no balls with Woakes, does that keep the AI more sensible?

Nearly always use a similar field. Might take out short cover and stick in a short leg or a slip out to leg gully. So the AI can score down leg side when I bowl too straight. I know @Wealey says you can leave room for an AI release, which I get and agree might help, but at the same time I shouldn't have to. I think the AI has a choke point and so I just use realistic fields.

2358260_20231114214014_1.png

Genuinely it felt like the most realistic I've had AI batting. Kohli and Iyer are both in so I'm a little worried they might start teeing off. But Iyer has a FC strike rate up in the 70s, so I wouldn't complain if he dabbled in a little bazball.

2358260_20231114213747_1.png2358260_20231114213749_1.png

cricboi

Club Captain
Good news: fewer run-outs
Bad news: Keeper sliding in front of the stumps to take catches is back and worse than ever. Might have to hold off on bowling spin so much for a bit.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Oh dear. They’ve released 0.2.2056 on ps5 and it’s terrible.

Hit to the fielder and set off.

Shambles.
What I was dreading. Mine auto-downloaded last night and I haven't been keen to trial it yet. Back to platinuming Red Dead for at least a week I guess. Or just player stat correcting if I do load up Cricket '24.

It's incredible really. I've never seen a team that patches with so much negative effect so frequently. I've seen other developers make mistakes before for sure, but that might be one in 5 or 6 patches which they correct very quickly usually. These guys just seem to be the complete reverse of that!

Users who are viewing this thread