Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't like tinkering forever with the sliders, artificially changing the game. It's done to death the tweaking to cover up the flaws in the game. (Though this is a very good build).

If you fill an England team with Denly, Cook, Root, it should score slower than one with Bairstow, Stokes, Buttler, Roy in it. It may well do, but it's very subtle.

At least I can pick on smaller things like this, now that I don't have the AI 26 for 7 with 6 runouts. It feels like back to cricket.
Post automatically merged:

Hardest, no slider changes.
Not even physics? I find on default sliders that bounce is too high on hard pitches and too low on grassy/green pitches.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Not even physics? I find on default sliders that bounce is too high on hard pitches and too low on grassy/green pitches.

No, nothing. I've found with the latest patch I am giving away fewer wides every time I bowl a short ball. Want to see if this is the case on hard pitches too. This is the problem with all the sliders, it adds a side layer to the actual complexity that should be modelled as a result of the conditions.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I don't like tinkering forever with the sliders, artificially changing the game. It's done to death the tweaking to cover up the flaws in the game. (Though this is a very good build).

If you fill an England team with Denly, Cook, Root, it should score slower than one with Bairstow, Stokes, Buttler, Roy in it. It may well do, but it's very subtle.

At least I can pick on smaller things like this, now that I don't have the AI 26 for 7 with 6 runouts. It feels like back to cricket.
Post automatically merged:

Hardest, no slider changes.

Well yeah I get what you mean but they arnt going to make it that england go at 7 an over but you can just simply up the run rate from 50 to 80 and they will motor.

joeb86

Club Captain
How is everyone else dealing with the academy downloads currently having higher ratings? Just leaving them, manually tweaking players individually or doing something else?

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sorry if wrong forum, but is there any sliders out that people use like ones @Rample did for previous game?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Currently streaming some Cricket 24 here if anyone fancies watching:

Surrey are 37-1 with a target of 235 to beat Lancashire (me).

Hester

County Cricketer
This is one of the best builds I have played. I guess things are quieter on here when we are actually playing the game.

Some minor points and annoyance.

Green pitches still seem to favour spinners, especially in the first innings. Strange. Im not sure if pitches play any important role at all, or if BA really knows what is going on there.

Im still figuring out if mentalities are affecting the way AI bats. It seems it has a subtle difference, which is good. But the jury is out somewhat.

I am getting varied dismissals, decent runs, decent wickets. Fours and sixes, infield and outfield catches, edges, bat pads. Green/dry pitch. Good job BA.
Do you find the AI can't post decent total runs in tests? I'm normally seeing 1st innings of around 200. With 40 wicket chance and 70 striker timing.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do you find the AI can't post decent total runs in tests? I'm normally seeing 1st innings of around 200. With 40 wicket chance and 70 striker timing.
My first inning 174 and 2nd innings 444. AI first innings 128 and 2nd innings 322. Used your settings today. AI seems to bat better in 2nd innings and almost every single time. Watched Gamer Pradosh on YT today explaining Striker timing slider. What I could see is that lower strike rate of (10) the AI play more careful and still play proper shots. Higher strike rate (90) they go after almost anything and causes more edges. The video was made playing a T20 match, not sure if it is the same in test matches.

graham

Club Captain
Playing with up to date patch, T20 New Zealand 179 for 7 bad bowling by me , chased it down off last ball felt better balanced game ..
Started test series Pakistan in Australia , lost toss Australia decide to bat bowled them out in 81 overs 239 score on green/dusty wicket ..
for first time in years i really enjoyed bowling felt you had a chance and the fielding animations are the best i have seen. Batting day 2 pitch has changed to being a bit scuffed up .
I know lots of niggles but defo getting better .

PJ13

Club Captain
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the different speed options for a spin bowler doesn't change. Effort, flight and bounce are all exactly the same as normal I think. If there's a difference, it's not very noticeable.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Reduce your ideal windows..
Talking of the ideal windows since the start of c22 I always had it in my head if I hit the ideal right at the very end just before red (both clicks) I got a better input, now I’m trying to hit it early or bang on centre of ideal and pretty sure my bowling is more accurate maybe it’s all in my head but be interesting if anyone knew about this or am I slowly but surely losing my mind

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Talking of the ideal windows since the start of c22 I always had it in my head if I hit the ideal right at the very end just before red (both clicks) I got a better input, now I’m trying to hit it early or bang on centre of ideal and pretty sure my bowling is more accurate maybe it’s all in my head but be interesting if anyone knew about this or am I slowly but surely losing my mind

I think there's almost a window within the window.

Reason I say that is because if I lower the window significant I can still get ideal ideal but I'll struggle for wickets than I would with ideal ideal on a bigger window.

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
great news : next patch will contain slider for broadcast dynamic zoom
I finally cracked and bought the game last night after the positive feedback and seeing some of the videos. Under camera selection I can't find Broadcast Dynamic Zoom, just Broadcast 1, Broadcast 2?

Users who are viewing this thread