Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
so we will have GTA 6 Trailer 1 plus Next patch of Bigant for Cricket24 .. What you excited more for ??

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Had an utterly bizarre glitch (even by BAS standards).

Just nicked one to 2nd slip in the 2nd over of my innings. Rohit decides to lob the ball towards the sightscreen as the umpire gives it not out.

Given out on review and Rod Tucker will be facing the sack as the four runs count along with the wicket which should've been given on field!

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I don't know if it's just me, but the player ratings are cooked. All I did was download the Indian domestic teams and the India team from the academy. That probably messed things up. Sanju Samson is rated 91, when in reality, he's at least 75+. Dinesh Karthik, KS Bharat and Upendra Yadav are rated 89, while Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill are rated 85 and 87 respectively.

BarestOfMargins

Club Captain
Reviewing edges and replay shows ball a foot from the bat at time of connection. Clearly 'hits' the bat due to the trajectory it then takes but nothing shows on hotspot, and its evident there is the width of three bats between bat & ball.

This defending spin by playing a different line to the input is getting more & more infuriating. When I see Lyon coming in to bowl, I can almost feel my dusty pS4 shudder at the thought of the oncoming quit-start, quit-start...

bhaskar reddy

School Cricketer
Game is disconnecting often and there is no way to continue the same game for cross platform.. Playstation VS Playstation works. Is there any workaround for this?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I have had the best game ever in Big Ant Cricket franchise. I started playing a 3 team T20 cup. United States, Papua New Guinea, Uganda. First match, was ok. United States (me) decide to bat first in Darren Sammy Cricket Stadium. I put up 200 runs after looking to score 160 at a point. My bowlers were on point as we did not give them anything as we restricted PNG to 132 runs in 20 overs. Easy victory.

Here comes the game of the tournament. Uganda vs United States (me). Uganda win the toss and elect to bat first. The pitch setting for this match was interesting. Had heavy cracks, was completely soft. I thought well 130-140 pitch so need to restrict them to below 130.

They started out brilliantly, kept attacking me despite losing wicket. Got a beautiful LBW where the ball stayed low and came in. They put on a 85 run second wicket partnership. Stupid run out meant a wicket finally fell and one wicket brought 2 more wickets as the pitch was more suitable for bowlers. Felt so natural and genuine as on sluggish pitches like this, one wicket often brings other.

In the end Uganda scored 154 thanks a small middle order cameo. Certainly 20 runs more then what I was hoping.

I came out to bat and straight away Uganda had a spinner start the bowling. The ball was laying low, spinning and turning. I lost Steven Taylor quickly and Jaskaran Malhotra followed next. They made so many decent bowling changes and bowled all bowlers who had no pace on the ball. This made me go into survival mode. While I went into that mode, I kept on losing wickets. I was 28/4 Marty Kain was the only one who I promoted to save Gajanad Singh for later inning blast looking good to bat on that pitch. Kept rotating strike at at one point needed 100 runs in 10 overs with 5 wickets in hand. I kept losing wickets and was 95/8 and lost Cameon Stevenson for 14 on 105/9.

I had almost given up but then came a full toss that I hit out of the park, that ball was a no ball so next free hit, I hit another six, that again was a no ball so got another free hit and hit another six. This way I scored 30 runs in one over. Suddenly instead of requiring 55 in 24, I needed 25 in 18.

I kept my cool, hit an odd boundary here and there, singles and doubles and chased this down. I was sweating till the end. I needed 8 in the last over and hit a boundary, 4 in 5, I hit a single, 3 in 4, I once again hit a single, 2 in 3, single again, 1 in 2 and I hit one an mistimed it to the keeper. SUPER OVER?? Surely??

I somehow found the gap on a delivery that stayed low and hit a single, winning this on the last delivery of the match. Feel bad for Uganda who bowled brilliantly. Also AI got the best bowler to bowl the last over which was amazing to see.

1701493783189.png

Only complain I have is Muhumuza in Uganda was bowling fantastic had a spell of 3 overs 7 for 1 and had one over remaining. AI bowled another over of the guy who was just hit for 30 runs instead of him. I wish they would have bowled him, might have given me more sweaty palms.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Reviewing edges and replay shows ball a foot from the bat at time of connection. Clearly 'hits' the bat due to the trajectory it then takes but nothing shows on hotspot, and its evident there is the width of three bats between bat & ball.

This defending spin by playing a different line to the input is getting more & more infuriating. When I see Lyon coming in to bowl, I can almost feel my dusty pS4 shudder at the thought of the oncoming quit-start, quit-start...
at what point do you play the defensive shot? before ball bounce, at ball bounce or after ball bounce?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Took a wicket with the first ball of the test match today, don’t think that’s ever happened before.

Nice edge and catch at slip, pretty cool.

Annoying they deleted the catch mini-game though.
Yes catching mini game is an excellent feature of BA cricket games. Sadly they removed it either intentionally or not don't know.

PJ13

Club Captain
Took a wicket with the first ball of the test match today, don’t think that’s ever happened before.

Nice edge and catch at slip, pretty cool.

Annoying they deleted the catch mini-game though.
I still get the catching mini game on occasion so it's not gone entirely.
Post automatically merged:

In theory dusty for spinners and green for seamers, but I'm not convinced that there's any difference other than visual to them unfortunately.
When bowling, I take my wickets with spinners on a grassy pitch which is completely backwards.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I still get the catching mini game on occasion so it's not gone entirely.
Post automatically merged:

When bowling, I take my wickets with spinners on a grassy pitch which is completely backwards.
No it's completely absent in the game now, i tested in all formats. If you have got one please post that video clip here

joeb86

Club Captain
I don't know if it's just me, but the player ratings are cooked. All I did was download the Indian domestic teams and the India team from the academy. That probably messed things up. Sanju Samson is rated 91, when in reality, he's at least 75+. Dinesh Karthik, KS Bharat and Upendra Yadav are rated 89, while Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill are rated 85 and 87 respectively.
I’m finding this really frustrating. Stopping me from doing a t20 world cup

Users who are viewing this thread