Cricket 24 - General Discussion

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
An interesting (in my head) counterpoint to Ross running around India signing up IPL franchises is, does that heap more pressure on BA to deliver a polished game Day 1 out of the box? Would IPL franchises be happy to associate themselves with a buggy piece of crap akin to C22 or (seemingly) AFL23?

I just wonder if with more licences comes more scrutiny from the licencees over what they're putting their name to.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
An interesting (in my head) counterpoint to Ross running around India signing up IPL franchises is, does that heap more pressure on BA to deliver a polished game Day 1 out of the box? Would IPL franchises be happy to associate themselves with a buggy piece of crap akin to C22 or (seemingly) AFL23?

I just wonder if with more licences comes more scrutiny from the licencees over what they're putting their name to.
Well it certainly hasnt bothered them much in terms of other licenses.......

kamrul

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm surprised that we are still finding things to discuss about.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
Let's discuss how beautiful the grass looks in fifa 23... and hope that we see some sort of upgrade in cricket 24... because the grass appears to be a copy paste of cricket 22 in AFL 23..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-10-17-00-28-23_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-10-17-00-28-23_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg
    911.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

abbas486

School Cricketer
Not going to pre-order this time after doing so for c22, and will decide after a good load of real user reviews. Couldn't care less about team licenses, stadium creator etc etc. In C22, there is no point having all this stuff when gameplay is hit and miss even after x number of updates. Then there are graphics that belong to the ps3, one word dated and dull. I really hope next gen console capabilities are put though their paces, a complete overhaul of player animations, actions and gameplay. Please get the cricketing basics in place before adding more fluff.

D

Deleted member 185125

I did hear from one of Ross's interviews that the licensing might be more of a royalty approach rather than upfront. Which essentially means that the game sales has to do good for the Boards/IPL teams to get a good enough share. So it is on BA to deliver a good quality product. Could be make or break.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
After you pre-order you get Bajo.
View attachment 278986
he really doesn't look happy.
Post automatically merged:

I did hear from one of Ross's interviews that the licensing might be more of a royalty approach rather than upfront. Which essentially means that the game sales has to do good for the Boards/IPL teams to get a good enough share. So it is on BA to deliver a good quality product. Could be make or break.
My apologies, but what does that even mean licences or no licenses this would be marketing suicide not to be clear.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Let's discuss how beautiful the grass looks in fifa 23... and hope that we see some sort of upgrade in cricket 24... because the grass appears to be a copy paste of cricket 22 in AFL 23..
Yep, the grass is green and Ben White is a beautiful looking lad but it was the same the year before, and before that and....

I'm surprised that we are still finding things to discuss about.
There're always things to talk about just depends on the subject matter. For the thread title it would seem there are a lot of omission from a product that has failed to grip the creative talents and the hunger of the consumer.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have been a member on this forum since 2004 iirc. I have not seen such lull close to release of a cricket game ever. I hope BA surprises us with Cricket 24. I purchased all their games apart from C22 which had very bad reviews from people I trust here. I hope Cricket 24 is back into form kind of innings for BA.

Last edited:

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
Yep, the grass is green and Ben White is a beautiful looking lad but it was the same the year before, and before that and....

There're always things to talk about just depends on the subject matter. For the thread title it would seem there are a lot of omission from a product that has failed to grip the creative talents and the hunger of the consumer.
As per my observation, grass from fifa 17 to 22 remained somewhat similar (still much better than what we have in cricket games to date)... pertinently ea started using frostbite engine since fifa 17. However, fifa 23 seems to have taken the turf to next level with immense grass details, so much so that every blade of the grass looks realistic... I know it might not be possible to reproduce similar turf in cricket 24 but having said that we really need to move ahead with such details..

Last edited:

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
BigAnt DOES seem to be pretty hard at work with the successive post-launch patches. I hope it really works out and same attention is then given to Cricket 2023 aswell

Guys, anyone if they're playing AFL'23, how is the game now after today's latest patch?

MistaaSingh

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have been a member on this forum since 2004 iirc. I have not seen such lull close to release of a cricket game ever. I hope BA surprises us with Cricket 24. I purchased all their games apart from C22 which had very bad reviews from people I trust here. I hope Cricket 24 is back into form of innings for BA.
Same, I guess BigAnt is too busy patching AFL 23 at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread