Cricket 24 - General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
As it is releasing in October, if there's one thing that could be added, it would be one of these in the helmet options.

71i+4rWHwXL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

joeb86

Club Captain
Have we had it confirmed if there’ll be a community to share teams, stadia, players etc in 24? I don’t know why, but I have a funny feeling it might disappear

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have we had it confirmed if there’ll be a community to share teams, stadia, players etc in 24? I don’t know why, but I have a funny feeling it might disappear

Without that feature and an equivalent alternative to mod stuff in their game isn’t going to live for long despite the licenses. Besides if it’s on the same engine why on earth would the feature no long be there?!

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
My main concern here is that it'll be like C22 which really only improved things cosmetically, I.e. New licenses, bowling actions, few new stadiums etc and didn't anywhere near as much time into actually simulating a game of cricket.

What genuine fans of the game want is ball and pitch deterioration actually affecting games, a nice variety of dismissals, realistic fielding animations, weather affecting play in different ways, different conditions in different parts of the world etc etc etc. I could go on for another 5000 words about the nuances of cricket that the game doesn't include but I'm guessing Big Ant are more interested in bringing in the more casual gamer who wants the licenses/new bowling animations more than a simulation of the game.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
My main concern here is that it'll be like C22 which really only improved things cosmetically, I.e. New licenses, bowling actions, few new stadiums etc and didn't anywhere near as much time into actually simulating a game of cricket.

What genuine fans of the game want is ball and pitch deterioration actually affecting games, a nice variety of dismissals, realistic fielding animations, weather affecting play in different ways, different conditions in different parts of the world etc etc etc. I could go on for another 5000 words about the nuances of cricket that the game doesn't include but I'm guessing Big Ant are more interested in bringing in the more casual gamer who wants the licenses/new bowling animations more than a simulation of the game.
Weather conditions always Sunny now even if we selected overcast weather in options menu after most recent patches. Before patching weather was just fine

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Licenses don't remotely bother me due to the academy.

I really really hope there is fundamental game play adjustments. Obviously as per the last games marketing there has been nothing at all gameplay wise spoken about. Apart from the fielding. Which ironically was the main selling point of 22 and we all know how that went.

One thing I hope the licenses do bring is more mo capped actions and batting styles.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Licenses don't remotely bother me due to the academy.

I really really hope there is fundamental game play adjustments. Obviously as per the last games marketing there has been nothing at all gameplay wise spoken about. Apart from the fielding. Which ironically was the main selling point of 22 and we all know how that went.

One thing I hope the licenses do bring is more mo capped actions and batting styles.
I'd like the County sides licensed because I know they're the biggest project to get kitted up with player likenesses too. It's not really an attractive prospect for most playface creators.

kamrul

Associate Captain
Now that BAS is releasing this game on october, what would this game be called then? "Cricket 24 - The Official Game of October"?

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Cricket 24 - The Official Game of October"
Cricket 24 - An Ultimate Bugfest Edition
It Hurts Different

BAS and Nacon proudly presenting the official game of Cricket, the kind of cricket simulation you never experienced (in your wildest dreams) before. With new, beyond recognisable, licensed content that will take your breath away (eventually lead you to gasping for air). You'll experience even better "block-athon" performance than Rahul Dravid had ever done on the pitch, by Mr. CEO, once you dare to take tantrums on Twitter.

----------------

Can't wait for October really. Another WC upon us.. Oh, and some sort of game, they call "cricket", will be releasing too :rolleyes

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Now that BAS is releasing this game on october, what would this game be called then? "Cricket 24 - The Official Game of October"?

World Cup 2023 is in October - so most likely will be based around that. Plus WC is in India, so will most likely have the stadiums in great detail with Ross there about a month ago for the IPL.

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
What they could have done was a dlc paid or free for the current ashes series updated teams ,kits stadiums and calendar and release a new game when its ready under no pressure.

Paid would be fine by me. currently stuck playing in aus for ashes .

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
I think i'd die hoping for a cricket. Video game with just half decent Physics of ball, bat and pitch behavior, half decent animations and JUST ONLY slightly sensible non immersion breaking A.i;( just so sad

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I think i'd die hoping for a cricket. Video game with just half decent Physics of ball, bat and pitch behavior, half decent animations and JUST ONLY slightly sensible non immersion breaking A.i;( just so sad
This time we will get better ball physics, dynamic weather conditions, better gameplay for sure. Hope for the best

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
This time we will get better ball physics, dynamic weather conditions, better gameplay for sure. Hope for the best
We thought that last time. Some of it is so easy to implement too I.e. it's cloudy so it swings more. It swings more at English grounds than subcontinent etc etc.

I don't see how that is difficult to put in which tells me that BA choose not to as either they don't have proper cricket fans/ex-pros involved in the development of the game or they consider it far less of a priority than extra stadiums or Russia being licensed.

Users who are viewing this thread