Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Azamkisran

Club Captain
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just would like to add One more thing For Cricket 24 would be better down the Track/out of crease shots specially Straight six Coming down the Ground Needs better animation

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Na it's been fine so far. Lots of passionate people who want the same things... and some who want very different things that are very exclusive from each other. Thankfully no fights so far.
Will we be able to know more the game in coming months ? Interviews, developer diary, screenshots, gameplay videos?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
CWC2023 schedules are out and the tournament starts on Oct 5.

Hope the build up to CWC is linked with the release of Cricket 24, if advertised properly @BigAntStudios can expect better sales this time.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
But if they sort out the clipping issues, how will Jimmy and the England team celebrate his latest stunning bowling performance after walking through the stand to leave the field?

View attachment 280106
it shouldnt be hard thing for bigant as it wil be a cut scene so why not perfect cut scene for all this celbrations

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Saw something about Football Manager potentially allowing the transfer of a saved game to the new version. It made me wonder whether it'd be possible to do similar with a career mode player in Cricket. Even if certain things couldn't exactly be transferred, the possibility of the player progress being copied over could save a lot of time, instead of starting from scratch (and might reduce the complaining/confusion when no famous/current players are in the team).

Bevab

Staff Member
Saw something about Football Manager potentially allowing the transfer of a saved game to the new version. It made me wonder whether it'd be possible to do similar with a career mode player in Cricket. Even if certain things couldn't exactly be transferred, the possibility of the player progress being copied over could save a lot of time, instead of starting from scratch (and might reduce the complaining/confusion when no famous/current players are in the team).

OOTP already does this if I’m right. I’m not sure if FM will do this as they’ve not been interested in that feature as per rumours a few years ago.

EDIT - never mind, just saw Miles’ statement.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
OOTP already does this if I’m right. I’m not sure if FM will do this as they’ve not been interested in that feature as per rumours a few years ago.

EDIT - never mind, just saw Miles’ statement.
I guess if you could at least take your previous player (look, skill, stats etc) you could at least enter at your starting level (e.g. you choose a state or county team). You might not go straight into your franchise teams or national team but the route into them is significantly reduced.

Bevab

Staff Member
I guess if you could at least take your previous player (look, skill, stats etc) you could at least enter at your starting level (e.g. you choose a state or county team). You might not go straight into your franchise teams or national team but the route into them is significantly reduced.

It shouldn’t be tough to implement on paper but is it really a big feature other than for the authentic stats? Feel like you could replicate that with the Academy by creating your career player yourself. I get it in a game like FM where users can literally play for centuries if they choose to and the simulation offers enough immersion to carry on in that manner but BA’s games so far sure don’t.

Now that I think of it this may be a feature for Cricket Captain to experiment it. It’s not like they’re really making any significant changes on a yearly basis. :lol

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
It shouldn’t be tough to implement on paper but is it really a big feature other than for the authentic stats? Feel like you could replicate that with the Academy by creating your career player yourself. I get it in a game like FM where users can literally play for centuries if they choose to and the simulation offers enough immersion to carry on in that manner but BA’s games so far sure don’t.

Now that I think of it this may be a feature for Cricket Captain to experiment it. It’s not like they’re really making any significant changes on a yearly basis. :lol
I reckon one of things I've seen questioned the most is 'where are the real players?' when someone gets to international level. This would be one way of at least allowing you to use a player you've put a lot of time into get that experience.

Can't say I play much career mode, there's too many things I've seen or read about that I know is gonna impact my immersion. I would like to cause I loved it on DBC14.

Users who are viewing this thread