Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Ricky14

County Cricketer
You can't bowl more than 4 overs in a T20 game..may be typo? I like the title though..
Screenshot_2023_0918_202452.jpg

Reactions: DAP

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
don't think it means with just 1 bowler.
actuly the mean 1 bowler cuz if 5 players bowl 1 1 over they can get score easily .. they need to change this .. from 5 to 4 overs then accptable

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Twitter pages frothing these trophy lists.

Also saw one say they had a video chat with someone from BA and saw the UI, sounds made up surely?

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Don't disagree in principle. There's certainly a lot more data points that when comparing reality and the game doesn't necessarily match up.

Remember doing my Lockdown Tournament on Cricket 19 and there was an awful lot that didn't mirror the real sport. In terms of wickets lost in T20s, a big factor was AI opening partnerships were a lot stronger and more consistent than you'd see from the majority of sides.

Agree with TJ though, there can be too much accuracy where it becomes as predictable. Less about what the AI is doing in response to you and more just doing what it's told. I'd argue that it's tough to find that sweet spot where both applies. That's why I am always in favour of more strategic or tactical gameplay elements.

Other factor is how to make things like par scores apply in a similar way to the human player. If the AI consistently falls apart for less than 200 on a specific pitch, then there needs to be sufficient gameplay challenge to make that a similar likelihood for the human player, imo. If you achieve above a par score then it should feel like an achievement but that only happens if there's struggle to do so - likewise if you fail to keep the AI to a par total it should be clear what you could have done better. Whether it's poor bowling (and what poor bowling qualifies as) or dropping catches.
That Lockdown tourny showcased all the brilliance and flaws of the AI and the engine. Some real good data points.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
An achievement list at least means the game has gone gold. What it looks and plays like however remains to be seen.

Surely if Bug Ant/Nacon were confident in their product they'd be promoting like mad while we're on the eve of one of the most wide open CWC's in my lifetime.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I have insider information on cricket 24

It's a cricket game

Tweet like these can be found on all the cricket 24 speculation pages and all the pages of this thread
We got 2 weeks left that pretty
An achievement list at least means the game has gone gold. What it looks and plays like however remains to be seen.

Surely if Bug Ant/Nacon were confident in their product they'd be promoting like mad while we're on the eve of one of the most wide open CWC's in my lifetime.
Yeah if they want to people to pre order the game then show the dame thing.
This game will release in about 2 weeks and they got nothing to show.

mohsinhbk

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I read PSL in this seems like all teams will be official from PSL

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Some sites of ps4 gamers using the one i posted !!
Post automatically merged:

Some sites of ps4 gamers using the one i posted !!

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
This is the real fake one... not those other pesky fakers
But it loooks beautiful hopefuly the wil use Pakistan Theme also

I read PSL in this seems like all teams will be official from PSL
Yaa Also pakistan team but the point is about the players . Will it be actul players or just like the one used for newzland team !

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
But it loooks beautiful hopefuly the wil use Pakistan Theme also

Yaa Also pakistan team but the point is about the players . Will it be actul players or just like the one used for newzland team !

The Kiwi players were downright hideous at times and I had to download custom players with playfaces because they looked much better. Will never forget Kane's suburban dad face in particular.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The Kiwi players were downright hideous at times and I had to download custom players with playfaces because they looked much better. Will never forget Kane's suburban dad face in particular.
Thats what we are scared off am sure bigant done samething with pak players as they not done photoimages anywhere !!

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm hoping they got the proper players likeness of the licensed teams while the T20 WC was held in Australia that would have been a perfect opportunity to get this done, but most likely it will end up how the likenesses were to NZL in C22.

Users who are viewing this thread