Cricket 24 - General Discussion

ASHES_FAN

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Game is definitely launching on 5th October but they are reluctant to show it now probably because it's a patched up version of C22 with new licenses and stuff (Feilding animations i-e)
most games are usually like that for example wwe 2k games, Call of duty, MW, fifa. Nothing wrong with it, as long as they are improving them.

mohsinhbk

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ladies' and Gents, 6th October will be public Cricket 24 holiday all over from work.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I am just waiting for the pre order copies to roll out before the actual release date and then for big ant to post on Twitter saying Wait for the Day 1 patch as it contains many things to enhance the game.. It's a traditional practice I always look forward to..
I guess it's a tradition now with all the games..

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
This is standard in the industry and the general way that games are going these days. There's any number of examples from across a range of genres, developers and platforms.

"Release date" is probably outdated as an idea. There's the date that a game is available to the public, yes, but fewer and fewer games are in a good state when this date is reached. It's certainly not a date to be excited about or look forward to like it once was.

The real "release" date for Cricket 24 should probably be, say, November 5. Release + a month of patches and bug fixes to get the game to a better place. Like it or not, the first few weeks/months of a game's release are just widespread user testing.

As I say, it's not just Cricket 24, or just Big Ant games (looking at you, AFL....), it's a general industry thing. It's also not all games I should add, some do follow a different cycle, but more and more games do seem to be going that way.

Anyone hoping for the future of cricket games on October 5 is going to be disappointed.

You'll prolly still be disappointed in November and December like, but at least you'll have a better chance by that point :sweat:
:up: This......

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
most games are usually like that for example wwe 2k games, Call of duty, MW, fifa. Nothing wrong with it, as long as they are improving them.
That's because those game franchise are already at par with the prevailing standards in terms of animation, graphics and gameplay whereas cricket games will have to take considerable leaps with every new edition to atleast be comparable to other AAA titles

manan19995

Club Cricketer
you are comparing cricket 24 to those titles.
So tell me .....was cricket 22 comparable to the games you mentioned above in terms of graphics and others elements. Big ant game is nowhere near in quality and price is also absurd.

moon89

School Cricketer
It will be interesting to see the editing capabilities of the new game. I salute all the people who put in so much work on Cricket 22!

Users who are viewing this thread