Cricket 24 - General Discussion

sahibosaurus

Club Captain
The fact that this is coming to switch probably means that there won't be a major graphics upgrade. I have C22 on switch to play on the go and that game can barely hold a steady 30fps as it is.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
The fact that this is coming to switch probably means that there won't be a major graphics upgrade. I have C22 on switch to play on the go and that game can barely hold a steady 30fps as it is.
Oh no, should have released on the switch successor Kwitch. Very poor from Big Ant.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I randomly downloaded Tennis World Tour 2 on PS Plus a few days ago, not realising it was a Big Ant game. On the face of it the career mode seems x10 more polished than C22. Hopefully some of that polish can translate over to C24.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
I randomly downloaded Tennis World Tour 2 on PS Plus a few days ago, not realising it was a Big Ant game. On the face of it the career mode seems x10 more polished than C22. Hopefully some of that polish can translate over to C24.
True. Tennis World tour 2 was actually a better game from BAS.

All these licenses and if they fail to have a decent game out (which I believe will be a decent one), it would put a lot of pressure on them. Sony PS bundle, IPL team licence, Ashes licenses, etc should boost them for a better game than C22. Let's hope

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@WealeyH Idk man I think the reality is the game is either unfinished (highly possible due to it originally meant to be out before Ashes but they'll say it got delayed because of WC and IPL).

Like no game does this, if it was a huge company like Valve or something I could understand it having a shadow drop. As for everyone seeing the ad Oct 5th..
Yeah could be a strategy but not a very good one otherwise it would have been used by numerous other sport games but it's not because generating hype weeks/months before is clearly the best way to go to sell something before a big event. FIFA doesn't magically appear on the day Prem starts...

I hate to sound like a downer as I know there's plenty of people who do that here already but something's you gotta call a spade a spade, I'm not even particularly looking forward to the game but thought I'd just check in to see what's up and I hope I am completely wrong but cmon.

EDIT: Wasn't the last game to follow a similar strategy AC13? I don't think BA will reach those levels but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a literal reskin of 22 with a few more licences and everything important untouched...

Karachi

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
so cricket 24 is getting a ps5 bundle in India.View attachment 283991

Just a conspiracy theory: Perhaps the game is so trashy that EBC & CA decided not to have it associated with the Ashes and now the only way to salvage it is to bundle it with PS5 in India because no other region/country, especially the UK and Australia, would buy it in profitable numbers. However, with India in a high cricket fever from 5th October many there might blindly buy it. Although - here I would negate myself - I don't believe Sony would be stupid enough to bundle a half-backed or uncooked game with its console.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Pretty sure the game is relative bug free Cricket 22 reskin with new licenses and nothing new to show otherwise they would have been marketing it heavily , it's not FIFA that the game will sell it self no matter what , even FIFA does heavy marketing before every release. So it makes no sense to not market the product at all.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
We all know that Ross is a grandiose narcissist so we never know what is in his mind regarding the promotion strategy as he might think the game is extremely good and will sell without any marketing at all or may be it's his way of punishing us so that we all agree that he is the boss and can do anything he want with his game and we can't demand any photos or trailer unless we pay him for the game.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We all know that Ross is a grandiose narcissist so we never know what is in his mind regarding the promotion strategy as he might think the game is extremely good and will sell without any marketing at all or may be it's his way of punishing us so that we all agree that he is the boss and can do anything he want with his game and we can't demand any photos or trailer unless we pay him for the game.

There was huge craze of cricket 22 . Same is not for cricket 24 even they do marketing

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I still remember when I asked him to refund DBC14 because there was no one playing multiplayer and I specifically bought the game for online multiplayer at that time , so he did refund me back to my steam wallet but unfortunately he couldn't remove the game from my steam library but he did threatened me that If I play DBC14 again he will get my steam account blocked :/

Akshyansh

Akshyansh
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I still remember when I asked him to refund DBC14 because there was no one playing multiplayer and I specifically bought the game for online multiplayer at that time , so he did refund me back to my steam wallet but unfortunately he couldn't remove the game from my steam library but he did threatened me that If I play DBC14 again he will get my steam account blocked :/
How does that even work? Can developers even monitor and control something like that?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@WealeyH Idk man I think the reality is the game is either unfinished (highly possible due to it originally meant to be out before Ashes but they'll say it got delayed because of WC and IPL).

Like no game does this, if it was a huge company like Valve or something I could understand it having a shadow drop. As for everyone seeing the ad Oct 5th..
Yeah could be a strategy but not a very good one otherwise it would have been used by numerous other sport games but it's not because generating hype weeks/months before is clearly the best way to go to sell something before a big event. FIFA doesn't magically appear on the day Prem starts...

I hate to sound like a downer as I know there's plenty of people who do that here already but something's you gotta call a spade a spade, I'm not even particularly looking forward to the game but thought I'd just check in to see what's up and I hope I am completely wrong but cmon.

EDIT: Wasn't the last game to follow a similar strategy AC13? I don't think BA will reach those levels but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a literal reskin of 22 with a few more licences and everything important untouched...

You could be completely correct. I have no idea.

I have had the opportunity to be on beta teams etc and there's always a reason that most people won't know.

They will have their numbers and figures and they will know the impact of past advertising.

Whether we think it's right or wrong is irrelevant.

NACON will call the shots

issue

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I want all assumptions to be answered by cricket 24 team lol asap

Users who are viewing this thread