Cricket 24 - General Discussion

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I feel the current gameplay videos circulating are before the patched version. With so many Indian licenced players through IPL, not even one name came up in the squad list. Still hoping there would be a welcome surprise for us all tomorrow.

PS: Just wanted to add my contribution towards this crap filled 230 pages
A patch will not going to change the core gameplay mechanics or add a new mechanic at all , possibly will improve crashing and other stability improvements or some minor bug fixes , game doesn't seems to have major bugs from that footage in my opinion , it will just add some licensed players that's about it.

Opp hugh court

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lets wait for the day 1 patch and lets see. We dont have a option for cricket games so lets motivate them so that we atleast get better games in future

rangersw12

Club Captain
People need to calm down a bit and wait for the game to be released before writing it off.

There will be a day 1 patch

Mine will hopefully arrive tomorrow (UK)

Jake Azazel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Atleast give credit where it is due , Game is alot more smoother in terms of animations.
I refuse to accept that it has better animations especially if it still has that terrible fast bowling "Style 1", and Starc's action (used by Wood in the video) plus a few other actions have a jacked up release point. I'm also sure that the seam position jumping around in the bowlers hand is still a thing. None of the fast bowling actions in 22 have natural flow and snap. They all look very robotic. No wrist work, no back of hand variations. From whatever we have seen so far, it looks exactly the same. Can't really call them "improved smoother animations" now, can we?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I refuse to accept that it has better animations especially if it still has that terrible fast bowling "Style 1", and Starc's action (used by Wood in the video) plus a few other actions have a jacked up release point. I'm also sure that the seam position jumping around in the bowlers hand is still a thing. None of the fast bowling actions in 22 have natural flow and snap. They all look very robotic. No wrist work, no back of hand variations. From whatever we have seen so far, it looks exactly the same. Can't really call them "improved smoother animations" now, can we?
it looked smooth to me even from a 360p quality video.
Post automatically merged:

Strange considering it’s now the 5th in NZ
Yea not available on xbox.com NZ store yet.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I’m baffled that there are still folk who have buried their heads in the sand over what’s happening here and are willing to defend this inept process with whatever excuse they find possible whilst trying to hit out at anyone raising legitimate concerns.

Apparently you’re not allowed to judge the game from one snippet of a video that shows a poor shot or animation but it’s totally fine to praise the game for better commentary and smooth animations based on another snippet. Mind boggling stuff really. The cognitive dissonance has been off the charts since yesterday in this place.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
since the gameplay footage is already out , I will just check the career mode , players creation mode and see if they have added any more sliders and more perks/attributes this time around , will post the update by night.

Users who are viewing this thread