Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Akshyansh

Akshyansh
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don’t have a big issue with it either but I’d imagine some of the Pakistani fans would feel very differently about it especially if they’re told this via a tweet on the eve of release day… it just goes back to how shoddily the entire marketing campaign has gone.

I don’t really remember PES adding in newly licensed content after release in the form of teams but I could be wrong as it’s been ages since I last played a release of theirs.
PES's way is to get individual club licenses instead of going for the entire league. I believe it was their way to fight EA's stranglehold on licenses.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It’s just a matter of priorities as I said. We’ve never had a retro overlay or scorecards… or even the ability to mod in one in the last few games have we? Or even multiple scorecards? Where as we’re getting different themes now… I did say that it would be aimed at getting the IPL fanatics in but I’m not even sure if all of the IPL teams they have will be covered at release with the theming… that’s the amount of faith I’ve lost in them.

I have banged on the retro HUD drum a good few times. But that's a personal wishlist kinda thing.

Karachi

Associate Captain
Answer to questions about PSL and PCT

First, why is everyone calling Ross, sir? Has he been knighted?

Second, this whole game feels like two tiered package:

1. Set of patches for C22
2. A preorder for some of the said patches

Its a toddler that promises to grow up one day and be a nice kid.

Last edited:

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
First, why is everyone calling Ross, sir? Has he been knighted?

Second, this whole game feels like two tiered package:

1. Set of patches for C22
2. A preorder for some of the said patches

Its a toddler that promises to grow up one day and be a nice kid.
Frightened of being blocked :grin:

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Whomever gets the hands on the game can you fill the following questions once you get time? It will help to decide whether to buy the game or not for me. I know it's a task but thanks in advance for whomever willing to do this.

1. Rate your experience after playing the game for a couple of hours out of 10.

2. Is fielding any better than c22?

3. Is commentary any better than c22?

4. Does left handed bowlers bowl leg stump line to righ handed batsman all the time?

5. Is the career mode offering any fresh changes ? (Simulate few matches if you can please)

6. Does the ball fly over the fielders head when they try to run and turn and they sit like ducks without doing anything?

7. How is the field placement by AI?

8. How are the bowling changes by AI? Does the best bowler finish his quota half way during the innings?

9. Can you change your team after seeing the pitch information?

10. Were you able to complete a couple of online matches without having the blue screen error?

11. Playing as a career player can you simulate 10 games and check if the game is not crashing beyond any particular match number?

Thanks once again if any one care to help out with the above info!

Akshyansh

Akshyansh
Profile Flag
India
Lol and look how that played out
Hate to see them go out like that, one of very few franchises that tried to capture the essence of the beautiful game before everything.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
PES's way is to get individual club licenses instead of going for the entire league. I believe it was their way to fight EA's stranglehold on licenses.

It was but all of it was done before the release and the licenses were fully present in the game at release time. They’ve usually introduced boots and balls post release via data-packs.

FIFA is the one that has been recently missing the mark with scanned faces for players. I remember Darwin Nunez having a bald head for an extended duration of time last year and he was a high profile signing by arguably the second biggest club in England. Matt’s point about the difficulty with getting up to date licensed content in this sport is fair but it shouldn’t be left until the last moment for people to find out via a response tweet from the CEO of the studio… especially when he’s known for blocking multiple users which would leave many in the dark. :D

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have banged on the retro HUD drum a good few times. But that's a personal wishlist kinda thing.

That is the thing isn’t it? You aren’t the only one, I’ve seen multiple posts wishing for the same on this forum. Matt did say that the feedback from here is being incorporated and that they are ‘listening’. Yet it has got to a point where they’d rather introduce extra menu themes over refreshing the scorecard of the game where I assume most people would spend their time in. It just reeks of another place where they prioritised having some form of representation for their shiny licenses.

hj576

Club Cricketer
Does here refer to the Pakistan tour of Australia in December? Looks like history repeats itself yet again with licensed content not being fully fleshed out at the time of release but this has been an issue in FIFA too.
Yes
pakistan test team is going to Australia in December.

Akshyansh

Akshyansh
Profile Flag
India
It was but all of it was done before the release and the licenses were fully present in the game at release time. They’ve usually introduced boots and balls post release via data-packs.

FIFA is the one that has been recently missing the mark with scanned faces for players. I remember Darwin Nunez having a bald head for an extended duration of time last year and he was a high profile signing by arguably the second biggest club in England. Matt’s point about the difficulty with getting up to date licensed content in this sport is fair but it shouldn’t be left until the last moment for people to find out via a response tweet from the CEO of the studio… especially when he’s known for blocking multiple users which would leave many in the dark. :D
The list of excuses EA Vancouver comes up with for such shoddy work beggars belief.

Users who are viewing this thread