Cricket 24 - General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
In terms of the c22 creations, I don’t think they’ve copied everything over. I don’t see all of my teams unfortunately or any of @Mouseydread teams.

But the search and download is so bad and slow it’s actually hard to know for sure

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
The stickers are all bunched to one side when I try to download the bats. Not sure if it's based off how one creator has made them or for all.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
True enough. I was just hoping that the AI batters would be better at playing spin than in C22 and the bat pad/boot dismissals would have been fixed.
I don't know if it's as simple as making them better. It always seemed like a combination of factors. Predictable trajectory of the ball when it happens. Ball being loopy in the air. Fielders with lightning fast reactions and in positions that increase the likelihood of taking the increased catching chances.

Like I say, if you moved short leg, it might reduce the frequency of chances. But you might also see them leaping like Carl Lewis to take catches.

Also, on cricket 22 I did wonder if it's an animation thing. If there was one batting style or shot that created those bat onto boot moments more than others.

Hester

County Cricketer
I’ve played some test match now South Africa vs Australia.

Game play has been solid so far I am bowling and Nortje had Warner in all sorts. Rabada copped some tap. To me it felt like they would defend and leave Nortje as much as possible but Usman Warner and Lab all attacked Rabada hard especially through point.

There was a handful of inside edge for fours and seen maybe 3 4 run overthrows.

Marahaj and Markham unable to breakthrough for me. No dreaded bat pad catches just the one chance for the keeper who dropped it. I don’t do manual fielding never have and never will.

I’ve said it before but the pull shots look great.

I’m at the MCG and there’s not a hint of cloud. Big crowd , green pitch looks like an outfield.

Jansen visibly looks to be swinging it more than anyone else.
Keep us posted, especially on the spin bowling!

jpm123

School Cricketer
A few things I've noticed so far:
Wicketkeepers run down the pitch and take the ball before it even reaches the batsmen
Batsmen nailing cover drives with their forearms - something seems off with the physics, the ball seems too have excessive bounce too. Will likely have to fix by using sliders
Sweeps and reverse sweeps barely going off the square

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
One thing is for sure bowling with Seamers on a green pitch is a great experience in C24. Mostly because AI respects good deliveries and the frequency of getting rewards for setting up the batsman with field settings and bowling variations is much higher. Not every time you'll get wickets but close calls and play & miss happen quite regularly which keeps your interest going. I had Bairstow clean bowled through the gap between bat and pad as a Seam-up delivery sharply seamed in after most of such deliveries went away. But frankly, the OP spinners are ruining the experience.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
In terms of the c22 creations, I don’t think they’ve copied everything over. I don’t see all of my teams unfortunately or any of @Mouseydread teams.

But the search and download is so bad and slow it’s actually hard to know for sure
Is that the old teams by any chance ? 1970’s 1980’s as when you search popular now they all came up but searching for them normally didn’t

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Keep us posted, especially on the spin bowling!
I’ve only had the one chance which was a caught behind off a cut shot bottom edge.

They’ve milked me really easy with spin, I got a bit of turn with Marharaj but none with Markram. Created a few play and miss with some flight but as a whole Usman has just whipped the spinners through square and mid wicket with easy and Lab has taken a few more risks going over mid off and a few sweeps.

14 overs of spin in total. I’ve gone back to Nortje and Jansen trying to get the second wicket.

Warner was caught at 3rd slip trying to square drive off Jansen.

Hester

County Cricketer
I’ve only had the one chance which was a caught behind off a cut shot bottom edge.

They’ve milked me really easy with spin, I got a bit of turn with Marharaj but none with Markram. Created a few play and miss with some flight but as a whole Usman has just whipped the spinners through square and mid wicket with easy and Lab has taken a few more risks going over mid off and a few sweeps.

14 overs of spin in total. I’ve gone back to Nortje and Jansen trying to get the second wicket.

Warner was caught at 3rd slip trying to square drive off Jansen.
Super interesting. In C22, it didn't matter who I bowled with if it was spin...Markram and Elgar could turn it as much as Maharaj.
Which user's SA team did you download?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Jumpers in use, I like that. I’m trying to start a YT stream but my PS5 isn’t playing ball, sorry.
Post automatically merged:

Left arm bowler starting the test match bowling around the wicket isn’t so good.

Users who are viewing this thread