Cricket 24 - General Discussion

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
First innings: Spinners 22-27-6 vs Seamers 12-52-0

Second innings: Spinners 24-77-7 vs Seamers 36-126-2

Standard – Medium pitch, Aus vs Eng test match. Veteran AI, All other difficulties set as Hard.

So, the weakness of AI against spin continues. Although the ball is not turning, they’re still finding it difficult to prevent spinners from taking wickets. The main issue in my opinion is the fact that as a spinner you don’t need to work for your wickets. You just keep the ball on stumps, vary the pace a bit, use variations from time to time and the batsman will eventually get himself out. It just doesn't feel rewarding as it is totally random. You may get smashed around for 1-2 overs and then all of a sudden the batsman will move outside leg, play down the wrong line and get bowled.
It is in stark contrast to seamers where you need to bowl to a plan else you risk getting carted around, forget about getting a wicket. Same thing was there in C22. I am astonished that BA still could not find a way to solve this.
Oh, the Bat-Pad catch issue is still there. Too many times batsmen played a defensive shot and was caught by close fielders as the ball bounced of the boot. So, next experiment without a Bat-Pad maybe.

Just look at the other dismissal. I enjoyed it so much. Simply because I had to work for it and create a trap which eventually brought me the wicket. Not so in case of spinners.

Attachments

• Cricket 24 Screenshot 2023.10.07 - 00.54.55.88.png
    Cricket 24 Screenshot 2023.10.07 - 00.54.55.88.png
    357.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Cricket 24 Screenshot 2023.10.08 - 04.41.24.89.png
    Cricket 24 Screenshot 2023.10.08 - 04.41.24.89.png
    582.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
When was the last time BA had a game that wasn't an absolute bin fire at launch btw? Should we have expected any different...

Don’t think Cricket 19 was this bad at launch other than the career mode issues. Ashes Cricket wasn’t too bad either.

Or it may just be my nostalgia talking.

intisar.hasnain

Club Captain
I know it is very simplistic to state but I play sports games made by one bloke. Yes they are both tennis games which in a certain way might be considered easier. Graphically they are nothing to write home about but gameplay wise it is breathtakingly immersive. One bloke at home with a laptop. If he made a cricket game I guarentee you it would outclass anything we have seen up to now.
Yeah one-bloke productions are possible, but with cricket comes a great load of simulation not only for one player with a bat but also the fielders, bowlers, cricket laws, environment factors etc each having their own intelligence and physics, and to distinguish all of these from arcade gaming to imitate actual immersive reality will take away a significant chunk of one's life if he attempts it alone. Which requires certain determination or more importantly financial freedom over years of commitnent, I hope someone has all of that somewhere in the world at some point to destroy this monopolistic shit right now.

intisar.hasnain

Club Captain
Don’t think Cricket 19 was this bad at launch other than the career mode issues. Ashes Cricket wasn’t too bad either.

Or it may just be my nostalgia talking.
It's not just your nostalgia, I played all the previous titles until C22, and though all had bugs or complaints at launch, none of them were as straight-up broken and false as this one. And to think I actually gave up playing C22 for the past 3 months waiting for a blast. Canceled my game pass this month, and with that said goodbye to BugAnt for now. Let's see how long I can put up with this personal strike unless they care enough to fix this in the coming months.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Guys don't bother with tickets and reporting bugs to bug ant.
Last year all tickets were ignored.Current development team lacks knowledge to fix the bugs.They can't fix Overpowered Spinners and boot pad bugs from cricket 19 to 24.Last year i messaged mattw about spin issue even he was helpless

rifleman1202

School Cricketer
When was the last time BA had a game that wasn't an absolute bin fire at launch btw? Should we have expected any different...
None of the previous ones were this bad at launch, this one is inching closer towards Ashes Cricket 13 although obviously not as bad but it's not too far from that category as people find more and more bugs

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
In all seriousness, do you REALLY find C24 different than C22? I had played hell outta it and now started playing again. Whatever *new* I'm reading around here, looks to be in there in C22. Talking about gameplay ofcourse!

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
we must be high on something to continue to keep buying at launch, we are the real testers who buy at launch so that they can fix the bugs for the people who will buy in 12 months time
This is why many including myself were calling out on multiple pages not buy the game at release. That will force them to atleast put extra effort to correct a lot of things.

Now from a big ant perspective whatever sh!t is been sold as a new game is been bought by people here. So what's the bloody point in putting more effort and adding new features.

The players look like stick figures, don't worry we will buy the game.

The bowler doesn't care to run to the ball inches away from him while batsman score a single, don't worry we will buy the game.

Spinners doesn't even need to try to take a wicket and they get half a dozen, don't worry we will buy the game.

Bowlers will bowl to the opposite handed batsmen in a leg side line, don't worry we will buy the game.

The game crashes every once a while because one community creation which you can even figure out, don't worry we will buy the game.

The keeper / bowler doesn't show any urgency to stump/ runout batsman when this was easily done in Brian Lara cricket 1999, don't worry we will buy the game.

I could go on and on but the base line we are encouraging them to do the same shit again and again because no matter what they do we are buying their games.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
In all seriousness, do you REALLY find C24 different than C22? I had played hell outta it and now started playing again. Whatever *new* I'm reading around here, looks to be in there in C22. Talking about gameplay ofcourse!
I can feel the difference in bating and bowling can’t put my finger on it but it is a little different I’m really enjoying my ashes test the fielding is still lacklustre there’s a fine line between the AI finding a gap and the fielder stood watching before realising the balls just flown past him a lot of them could be dived at and stopped. The WK needs sorting out it’s like he’s got big ants in his pants (you like that) hopefully a few patches and listening to the the customers could make it a decent game rather than an average at best one

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
I can feel the difference in bating and bowling can’t put my finger on it but it is a little different I’m really enjoying my ashes test the fielding is still lacklustre there’s a fine line between the AI finding a gap and the fielder stood watching before realising the balls just flown past him a lot of them could be dived at and stopped. The WK needs sorting out it’s like he’s got big ants in his pants (you like that) hopefully a few patches and listening to the the customers could make it a decent game rather than an average at best one
Placebo effect.

Users who are viewing this thread