Cricket 24 - General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
One plus - it’s cloudy and I see cloud.
Negative - cloudy, grassy pitch, English spring: AI wins the toss and chooses to bat.
Regression - when I messed around before, in cold weather the teams wore vests. Not now.

Patch improvement: can just about hear the batsmen call yeah for a run now.

Patch fail: stadium announcer still can’t be heard, fielder chat doesn’t exist.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Straight drive is missing with the new patch. Audio is a mood buster again.
Good luck big ant beta team (in other words customers who bought the game) hope you guys do the job well and give us the game good on the release.. of the patch fest

Staresblank

Club Captain
To be honest I'm quite surprised that many people would have thought this game would be issue free at release, every Big Ant cricket game has had significant bugs when released;

DBC 17 - couldn't hit it through covers
Ashes - first day was good but then a subsequent patch introduced the stumping bug
Cricket 19 - spinners bowling the same speed every ball and no turn
Cricket 22 - absolute shit show

They generally take 1/2 months to get the game to its potential- however its a long process and sometimes they regress.

My biggest criticism is that every game they remove a dismissal type or something else that makes the game feel more random. It just feels duller then ever

For instance:
DBC 17 - had a great variety of dismissals from the short ball - top edges went from fine leg to mid off sometimes. Now top edges just go over the keeper
Ashes cricket - sometimes it would trigger the catch behind mini game if you were close to taking a catch, this was great
Cricket 22 - they've basically deleted all the potential from career mode and moved it back to cricket 19

We won't be able to fully judge this game until December - so if moneys tight for I'd suggesting waiting until then. The one ray of sunshine is cricket 24 is lightyears ahead of 22 at this point of release, so hopefully they will have more time progressing the game.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
One plus - it’s cloudy and I see cloud.
Negative - cloudy, grassy pitch, English spring: AI wins the toss and chooses to bat.
Regression - when I messed around before, in cold weather the teams wore vests. Not now.

Patch improvement: can just about hear the batsmen call yeah for a run now.

Patch fail: stadium announcer still can’t be heard, fielder chat doesn’t exist.

I oddly can hear it all but that's probably the headphones!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ross is currently bowling to me in career mode under the alias “Jayden Butler” :laughter:

Has anyone else noticed the teams you come up against in club cricket will have licensed players in their team with fake names?

Users who are viewing this thread