Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Would love if the got Hayley Matthews to play a few booming cover drives in mocap suit.
In tribute to when slips fielders still had jobs......

Feel like the keeper needs to ignore anything wide of first slip and probably only go in front of first if the ball is low.

Of course you'd still want to see them going for more spectacular catches when they are no slips.

I don't know how easy it is to make the keeper's actions relative to other fielders though.

Have you, or anyone else had them sliding to take catches off the slips for spinners? Those are the ones that really shatter my immersion to the point I stop playing.

Would love if the got Hayley Matthews to play a few booming cover drives in mocap suit.

Feel like the keeper needs to ignore anything wide of first slip and probably only go in front of first if the ball is low.

Of course you'd still want to see them going for more spectacular catches when they are no slips.

I don't know how easy it is to make the keeper's actions relative to other fielders though.

Have you, or anyone else had them sliding to take catches off the slips for spinners? Those are the ones that really shatter my immersion to the point I stop playing.
Keepers are Flying everywhere They are taking Slip catches By flying and jumping but In my match I saw smith standing 1st slip flew through To the keeper to catch A throw

All of us has to remember, It's Cricket 24, it's bloody harsh from our end to expect BAS to give us a a playable version in 2023. What happened is that - In April 2023, suddenly BAS remembered there is Ashes and Cricket World in 6 Months time, how can we sell our Cricket game? So they gave a press release and started to dust their Cricket 22 game files. Here is the twist BAS dint expect, after initial days, they found out the Cricket 22 game file they took was not the latest. They started to search the game file every where. Unfortunately they couldn't find the latest copy of the game file before Ashes 2023 in June so they decided to postpone till cricket world cup 2023 in October 2023. Recently in the last week of September 2023, they decided to work on whatever game file they have. Later they worked hard from last week of September 2023 to first week of October 2023.

Now on 5th Oct, they have released a first test version of the game, we the paid beta tester have paid money to test their game, they will continue to TRY and figure out the bugs from us and come up a product soon.

They have 15 more months (Dec 2024) to achieve this.

A couple of my friends picked C19 up just because it was cheap. They wouldn’t touch C22 with a two foot pole due to the price. Some of these issues would be slightly more tolerable if the game’s price was also lower than what it currently is.
For india atleast price should have been either inr 1999 or 2499 at max on steam.

I do think people are giving BA too much stick for the Xbox version not being up to par with the other platforms since Microsoft’s notoriously unreasonable often with the way they ratify patches.

When we played this lot last time we were all over the place girls, I want us to use our heads more, got it?

Yes cap'n!

Could only have been improved if another fielder then caught it off the header.

Or headed it back so hard it caused a runout :D

Last edited:
Alright I’m intrigued by the comments of the nostalgia wave and I’m going to try Ashes Cricket again, it’s the only BA game I haven’t gone back to after the new ones came out.

@wasteyouryouth do you still remember what the Dean Johnes method of skilling players was? Had a look at your thread and there’s no info on the specifics of it. Does it translate to limited overs cricket as well as it does for tests?
I have the save game editor for this...or could be 17...can't remember.

Let me know if you're interested

I have the save game editor for this...or could be 17...can't remember.

Let me know if you're interested

Ah I’ll let you know when I get around to playing this game, thanks for the offer. :)

Could I ask someone to verify something for me? I raised something with BA before as it really annoyed me when the fielders around the bat e.g. short leg would run from one side of the batting pitch to the other. Seeing as this 'fielding overhaul' was a load of nonsense I assume they still do that?

I also appreciate that it's also the least of their problems having read through a lot of the feedback on this thread.

For context, I've not purchased it and I don't see myself purchasing it anytime soon, unless they are going to introduce some of these changes that they'd promised e.g. a fielding overhaul. I'm not spending money on a game which is essentially a carbon copy of C22, but with some additional licences. Best way to hurt a company like BA and show them that we won't stand for this nonsense is by holding on to our money. That being said, to each their own. I respect anyone that also wants to support BA by spending their money in the hope of them holding them up their end of the bargain.

Well I am done with career mode now as my game doesn't simulate to my next match anymore, it keep crashing and it would have been my first international match.
Plus it seems to take a lot longer to load when skipping to your player after you go and play for bigger teams which is really annoying. I have wasted £50 on this...couldn't have brought Assassin Creed Mirage instead.

Well I am done with career mode now as my game doesn't simulate to my next match anymore, it keep crashing and it would have been my first international match.
Plus it seems to take a lot longer to load when skipping to your player after you go and play for bigger teams which is really annoying. I have wasted £50 on this...couldn't have brought Assassin Creed Mirage instead.
Agreed with the price tag , right now it's too early to start career mode Even academy Creations are not 100percent wait for a month atleast right now only content creaters are Playing career that too only for content episode by episode

Users who are viewing this thread