pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I wouldn’t take the bloke seriously when he has no idea of anything and is misleading people over the quality of the game to get attention from a game developer.
He is either the worlds greatest bootlicker or on the payroll, but I don't believe for a second it's the latter as he has zero inside information and is just making it all up to look important.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Btw a fun fact, the word community professional doesn’t exist in English language

A correct word can be community representative/manager/helper/fker

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Latest three reviews. Middle one must have put this on at 5.30am after an all-nighter. 5 stars and fireants in my pants. wtf
IMG_2305.jpeg
Post automatically merged:

Latest three reviews. Middle one must have put this on at 5.30am after an all-nighter. 5 stars and fireants in my pants. wtf
IMG_2305.jpeg
I feel like I’ve had ants in my pants…. BIGANTS and been royaly shafted for £50

graham

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Trying some custom sliders for test matches , how do i use in say world test or ashes please anyone

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Trying some custom sliders for test matches , how do i use in say world test or ashes please anyone
Just set them as your difficulty and it will stay on no matter what comp your playing I’m pretty sure just double check when starting your chosen competition

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Succumbed like everyone else and decided to buy the game. Only played half a t20 (batting) and 16 overs of a test (bowling) with my own custom sliders so here's my take on a small sample size. You could probably describe it as the good (batting), the bad (bowling) and the ugly (fielding). As a starting point I think the game looks great now graphically.

Long post incoming....

Batting:
Generally the batting seems pretty good. The animations seem smoother than 22 and shots come off the bat nicely even when not well-timed. Generally the ball goes in the direction you're aiming for too.

I found it a bit disappointing that a right-handed bowler (Bhuvi Kumar) was struggling for line against a leftie (Kishan) and kept giving me either wides or leg stump easy runs. It didn't seem as bad when it was a left handed bowler against a right handed batter for some reason but maybe that's just me.

I also like to ramp up the visual speed a bit (up to 80) to make me feel like I'm actually facing quick bowling and when it was 90mph+ I found sometimes the shot animations weren't responsive enough to actually hit the ball, particularly from short bowling.

All in all though a good experience and there's plenty there to be positive about.

Bowling:

Haven't bowled with spin as there seems no point at the moment.

Very little difference to 22 to be honest. Once again the batsmen have unrealistic judgement and are able to leave anything not hitting the stumps. Even if it's a 96mph out swinger just outside off they leave it without any problem. Only had one play and miss in 16 overs so far with seamers.

I bowled with both Broad and Anderson and both were hitting 90mph, this is really basic stuff.

I hit Warner in the side with Woakes and there was no animation at all or any indication he'd just been hit by an 87mph cricket ball, so exactly the same as 22.

Fielding:
Perhaps its been given some love in the latest patch (PS5) but whilst it was bad, it wasnt quite as bad as i was expecting. Obviously it still needs a lot of work though.

Already had 3 overthrows- I don't want to see them completely taken out as they're a part of the game IRL but not this frequent.

Depending on which end the fielder throws to the wicket-keeper/bowler should be waiting at the stumps ready to take the bails, not 4/5 yds away and especially not in the middle of the pitch.

I've had one occasion where the ball was in the outfield and nobody bothered to get it. I had to quit the game and go back into it again.

Sometimes the wrong fielder is running after the ball. I've had square cuts hit against me and short cover running after it while it races past a static fielder at point, who then decides to do some weird shuffle animation before running after it.

Had one incident where I tried to advance down the pitch against a spinner (is this even possible?) and the slow shot animation meant I missed the ball. The keeper took the ball but missed the stumps completely so I just stepped back in the crease. Again if this is an actual thing every now and again I'm very much for it but I doubt it is and it probably was just poor collision detection again.

Is it me or does the ball not slow down in the outfield sometimes?

Other observations:

I managed to download India, Sri Lanka and South Africa easily from the community with no issues so that's positive.

i tried to set up a World Cup based in India but each game defaults to the Great Barrier Reef ground and you cant change it. Similarly when setting up a t20 World Cup it seems you can only have it at Australian grounds.

The commentary is dire as per usual so I've switched it off but my stadium announcer is also quiet. I'm not sure if this is linked?

As for sound generally, there are steps in the right direction here but plenty of tweaking needed. Playing in India sounds much more authentic now but the sounds of the crowd when something happens needs to be looked at. They only react to a boundary when the ball actually hits/goes over the rope and you get absolutely no crowd reaction for a near miss or an appeal.

I've had rain in the test match for about 10 overs now and nothing has happened. So my guess would be BA have listened to calls for rain and weather in the game and literally just added spots of rain if you select spring in England like I have, without it impacting the game in any way whatsoever.

At lunch it 29.1 overs bowled for some reason.

The drinks break animation 1 over after lunch. Again not a huge thing but surely easily remedied.

There's probably a few other things, both good and bad that I've missed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread