Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Hester

County Cricketer
Did a bit of playing around with settings this afternoon in-between my toddler jumping on me and in front of the screen...

I played 10 overs of spin, Ashwin and Jadeja against England in 2 separate tests. First time was in Mumbai and the second was Trent Bridge. Both were on dusty pitches, day 5, pitch wear set to heavy and pitch cracks set to maximum or whatever its called.

Few observations...

• I might have just been me seeing what I want to see but it seemed to turn more in Mumbai. Hopefully this is genuinely the case for realism but I have no actual evidence. It was definitely turning in both situations though as you'd expect on a dusty day 5 pitch.
  • As you can see there's a lot of turn. No chance of getting him out obviously but substantial turn nonetheless.
  • There is absolutely no visual difference between the pitch on day 1 with no pitch cracks selected to day 5 with heavy cracks on. I do feel the ball played differently which is the main thing but if the pitch could visually deteriorate it would be great, it's been done in other BA cricket games so we know they can put it in.
  • Fielding-wise it was a lot smoother and responsive. The one huge issue is how slow the animation is from the fielder/keeper when taking the bails for a run out. I know that even if the keeper has it in his hands and I'm halfway down the pitch I can get back in with a dive. It's a good second or more from the keeper catching the throw to moving to take the bails which is way too long.
  • I took 4 wickets in the 20 overs I bowled, 3 in Mumbai and 1 at Trent Bridge. There was a nice range with no bat pads although I know they're still OP. There was a catch a short mid-wicket, one edge to the keeper and 2 to 1st slip.
It blows my mind that they removed visual pitch deterioration. Like, someone actually said ,"Hey, lets remove all visuals of pitch wear! That'll be great" And everyone agreed it was a great idea, so it got approved and implemented. Then, during testing, no one brought it up. Everyone thought it was amazing to have no visual wear.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Is there a way to come down the ground and just gently push the ball around without hitting in the air ? Trying to figure out a way to play spinners better.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Shouldnt result in zero turn at all though.

Anyway, this has given me an idea for some proper analysis as to whether pitches change the gameplay at all during a test.

Will dive in and report back.

Love how customers who paid full price for the game are testing the game out to try and get optimal results.

Reminds me of the times I did the same in the past.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Cricket 19 at times produces wonderful moments as stamina and ball wear the bounce gets lower ,Even cracks come in to play with changing weather it has dynamic gameplay which is all want.

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Cricket 19 at times produces wonderful moments as stamina and ball wear the bounce gets lower ,Even cracks come in to play with changing weather it has dynamic gameplay which is all want.
yes cricket 19 definitely much better in this regard . they need to add all this back in game !!!

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
To the best of our knowledge, efforts are currently underway to enhance visual pitch wear. It's possible that the intention is to incorporate more detailed texturing to simulate pitch deterioration compared to cricket 22, which is why only the day 1 pitch is available in the game at the moment. Nonetheless, even the day 1 pitch currently lacks sufficient textures. I sincerely hope that these issues are actively being addressed and improved.

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
To the best of our knowledge, efforts are currently underway to enhance visual pitch wear. It's possible that the intention is to incorporate more detailed texturing to simulate pitch deterioration compared to cricket 22, which is why only the day 1 pitch is available in the game at the moment. Nonetheless, even the day 1 pitch currently lacks sufficient textures. I sincerely hope that these issues are actively being addressed and improved.
have they said this is underway?? if so where?

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
To the best of our knowledge, efforts are currently underway to enhance visual pitch wear. It's possible that the intention is to incorporate more detailed texturing to simulate pitch deterioration compared to cricket 22, which is why only the day 1 pitch is available in the game at the moment. Nonetheless, even the day 1 pitch currently lacks sufficient textures. I sincerely hope that these issues are actively being addressed and im
have they said this is underway?? if so where?
@MattW can provide further insight into the issue. I infer that it's being addressed, as seen on the official BA forum where a developer has liked a post discussing the same.

Users who are viewing this thread