Cricket 24 - General Discussion

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
One thing to add.

I obviously only bowled 5 balls, stock offie, in a row, to get this data.

The AI got out three times, in this tiny sample size.

They simply cant play spin, at all.

Unless BA can fix this i see no future in the game, i only play Test matches, so whats the point if i cant bowl spin, knowing that if i do, without any effort, even without turn as this experiment was, ill skittle the AI.

Its all so frustrating.
What controller method do you use to bowl ? I have always used pro bowling and I'm cricket 22 spinners seemed too powerful, but doesn't seem so in 24. I think someone here also brought up if the controller settings are somehow causing it.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
My career player is a leg spinner and I noticed a massive difference in the amount of spin I got to a right-hander and a left-hander. Both exactly the same delivery (floated leg break).

I didn't get that much spin every ball but every now and then a leg break to a RHB would turn square whereas the same delivery to a LHB would just go straight on.

OMGAvrilLavigne666

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looks like no balls are being incorrectly counted to a bowler's total overs. Bowled 2 no balls with Woakes before this over. When starting his 5th its showing 4.2. Scorecard shows 23.2 when it should be 23. Have raised a support ticket with Big Ant already.

Attachments

• noball1.PNG
    noball1.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • noball2.PNG
    noball2.PNG
    130.5 KB · Views: 9

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Looks like no balls are being incorrectly counted to a bowler's total overs. Bowled 2 no balls with Woakes before this over. When starting his 5th its showing 4.2. Scorecard shows 23.2 when it should be 23. Have raised a support ticket with Big Ant already.

Fixed already

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Clearly BA aren’t at the level that EA or 2K are at in terms of graphics and gameplay but even those games get a pasting from the users. I think part of the problem these days is as the graphics have improved people expect way to much from a video game.

A game is meant to be fun and enjoyable it will never be a fully realistic simulation. I’d forgo pitch condition any day of the week for something I can enjoy playing.

There’s flaws with BA games every single one of them for everything good thing has had a bad thing but every cricket game I’ve ever played has had that. My favourite game was Shane Warne/ Brian Lara cricket on PC in the 90s. It had real teams and real players and was fun but when you look back at it it was very limited in the shot range , type of deliveries and obviously averages and skills meant nothing.

If you’re sitting here waiting for a cricket game that’s going to give you realistic 5 day test pitches or precise dismissals then you’re going to be waiting forever. Unless you get someone with a budget like 2K to get the graphics and gameplay to anything like what NBA resembles.

Just be thankful we even get a semi decent cricket game to play that has options to customise rosters and players etc. I’m in no way a fan of how BA communicate and I am one of those Xbox users that get stuck when it comes to BA games with the patch delays etc but in the end I just think hey at least I can play cricket on the Xbox. I don’t view Cricket in the same light I do as NBA 2K or GTA for example so my expectations aren’t as high to start with.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Clearly BA aren’t at the level that EA or 2K are at in terms of graphics and gameplay but even those games get a pasting from the users. I think part of the problem these days is as the graphics have improved people expect way to much from a video game.

A game is meant to be fun and enjoyable it will never be a fully realistic simulation. I’d forgo pitch condition any day of the week for something I can enjoy playing.

There’s flaws with BA games every single one of them for everything good thing has had a bad thing but every cricket game I’ve ever played has had that. My favourite game was Shane Warne/ Brian Lara cricket on PC in the 90s. It had real teams and real players and was fun but when you look back at it it was very limited in the shot range , type of deliveries and obviously averages and skills meant nothing.

If you’re sitting here waiting for a cricket game that’s going to give you realistic 5 day test pitches or precise dismissals then you’re going to be waiting forever. Unless you get someone with a budget like 2K to get the graphics and gameplay to anything like what NBA resembles.

Just be thankful we even get a semi decent cricket game to play that has options to customise rosters and players etc. I’m in no way a fan of how BA communicate and I am one of those Xbox users that get stuck when it comes to BA games with the patch delays etc but in the end I just think hey at least I can play cricket on the Xbox. I don’t view Cricket in the same light I do as NBA 2K or GTA for example so my expectations aren’t as high to start with.
Hi Ross.

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

With the greatest of respect, that isn't a sound argument. If you read the comments on this forum from people that have been playing from the days of Don Bradman 14 you would know that it is either the same issues persisting year on year or issues that were rectified in a previous iteration or patch that then rears up again.

Saying that expectations are too high disregards the issue raised. Most bugs (like keeper not going up to the stumps) weren't in previous iterations. Features removed (pitch wear and tear and viewing ball) from Cricket 19 an 22 to this version.

No one expects a game on the level of Fifa or NBA 2K but what we must demand is a working game that can provide a cricket experience. Why should I not be able to hold a developer accountable if I pay the same for that game than I do for GTA?

I don't believe I've seen a comment of someone complaining that the game isn't created using the latest gaming engine.

One should never accept mediocrity which by the sounds of it you are advocating.

Users who are viewing this thread