Cricket 24 - General Discussion

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not at all, find me on the AFL big footy forums and I’ve taken stabs at Ross plenty of times that even got me blocked.

The AFL game they tried to release is a dogs breakfast and their communication was beyond pathetic.

I am just trying to be realistic about this game and what it is, I’ve played all of the BA games and they all play very similar and each of them have plenty of bugs.

I just think too many people have to high expectations when it comes to this game or this series. They don’t have the budget or teams like EA and 2K so your never going to get a FIFA or NBA style quality with presentation or movements and so on.

If I went into purchasing this game thinking it was going to be a Spider-Man 2 quality release or NBA2K for example then yep I’d be feeling terribly let down with this game but I go into it with the same mindset knowing that this game was be pretty much identical to all the other BA games of cricket. If they can fix a few things up it will be very good but if there’s minor issues like pitch wear that’s something I can cope with.

I don’t really play these games but haven’t big titles like Cyberpunk and Starfield come riddled with bugs upon release. There was always going to be issues with this game like all their other previous titles and history shows if you purchase on release you know your playing experience is going to be hit with a fair few bugs in the initial few months. I am in no way saying it’s okay because it’s bloody frustrating but it’s pretty common now in most games even NBA and WWE 2K are ones that did frequent updates upon release. It’s a shitty way of gaming compared to the old put the disc or cartridge in and play days but it is what it is I guess.

jmarcf

Club Captain
Everyone want to hear a extremely enjoyable feature.....so my player, almost getting selected for higher honours, many many hours in, I thought I'm going to create some local cricket grounds to give a real feeling of being a club cricketer....

Next game, I select one of the said grounds, toss happens....and the new feature kicks in....

Crash to desktop....brilliant feature
Post automatically merged:

Not at all, find me on the AFL big footy forums and I’ve taken stabs at Ross plenty of times that even got me blocked.

The AFL game they tried to release is a dogs breakfast and their communication was beyond pathetic.

I am just trying to be realistic about this game and what it is, I’ve played all of the BA games and they all play very similar and each of them have plenty of bugs.

I just think too many people have to high expectations when it comes to this game or this series. They don’t have the budget or teams like EA and 2K so your never going to get a FIFA or NBA style quality with presentation or movements and so on.

If I went into purchasing this game thinking it was going to be a Spider-Man 2 quality release or NBA2K for example then yep I’d be feeling terribly let down with this game but I go into it with the same mindset knowing that this game was be pretty much identical to all the other BA games of cricket. If they can fix a few things up it will be very good but if there’s minor issues like pitch wear that’s something I can cope with.

I don’t really play these games but haven’t big titles like Cyberpunk and Starfield come riddled with bugs upon release. There was always going to be issues with this game like all their other previous titles and history shows if you purchase on release you know your playing experience is going to be hit with a fair few bugs in the initial few months. I am in no way saying it’s okay because it’s bloody frustrating but it’s pretty common now in most games even NBA and WWE 2K are ones that did frequent updates upon release. It’s a shitty way of gaming compared to the old put the disc or cartridge in and play days but it is what it is I guess.
Spiderman 2 quality....you have low standards friend

And he says that spiderman is quality lol

And since you used my line, It's meant to be "O hi Ross" :squint::squint::squint:

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Am I out of the loop or is Spiderman 2 not good now? What on earth is a good game then if that ain’t it?

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner

It’s a simple equation for me; if you ask AAA prices for your games then be prepared to face the scrutiny and expectations those games deserve.

niksopikso

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
After the new patch, fielding looked good initially, but as spend more time you realize only 10% was fixed and still it's bad. Some new weird bugs. The keeper is flying everywhere. Ground fielders slide and the ball automatically goes into their hand. A weird superhuman single-handed catch. BAD.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
After the new patch, fielding looked good initially, but as spend more time you realize only 10% was fixed and still it's bad. Some new weird bugs. The keeper is flying everywhere. Ground fielders slide and the ball automatically goes into their hand. A weird superhuman single-handed catch. BAD.
There is a patch later today I guess, let's hope for the best

Kart7

School Cricketer
Has anyone tried saving an online game to play later? The game crashes while loading. The saves are unusable.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Clearly BA aren’t at the level that EA or 2K are at in terms of graphics and gameplay but even those games get a pasting from the users. I think part of the problem these days is as the graphics have improved people expect way to much from a video game.

A game is meant to be fun and enjoyable it will never be a fully realistic simulation. I’d forgo pitch condition any day of the week for something I can enjoy playing.

There’s flaws with BA games every single one of them for everything good thing has had a bad thing but every cricket game I’ve ever played has had that. My favourite game was Shane Warne/ Brian Lara cricket on PC in the 90s. It had real teams and real players and was fun but when you look back at it it was very limited in the shot range , type of deliveries and obviously averages and skills meant nothing.

If you’re sitting here waiting for a cricket game that’s going to give you realistic 5 day test pitches or precise dismissals then you’re going to be waiting forever. Unless you get someone with a budget like 2K to get the graphics and gameplay to anything like what NBA resembles.

Just be thankful we even get a semi decent cricket game to play that has options to customise rosters and players etc. I’m in no way a fan of how BA communicate and I am one of those Xbox users that get stuck when it comes to BA games with the patch delays etc but in the end I just think hey at least I can play cricket on the Xbox. I don’t view Cricket in the same light I do as NBA 2K or GTA for example so my expectations aren’t as high to start with.
I think this is the problem... we shouldn't be thankful for a semi decent cricket game. We've had semi decent games in the past. What we're asking for is BA to build on what the decent foundation that was laid down 10 years ago. And no we're not asking for an NBA2K or MLB level of a game, but I don't think the expectations are too high I we just want an improvement on basic aspects of the game, many of which have been included in previous iterations. Rain stoppages, visual pitch deterioration etc was there before, now when things don't work or take too much time to fix it just gets removed entirely. I don't think we are asking to much? The career mode in C22 had some good ideas, but instead of fine tuning it and building on it, it was removed. Personally I think the entire career mode needs an overhaul, but more on that later. I mean, the entire intro and setting up of your career player is exactly the same. Your coach still hasn't even had lunch yet. So in my opinion, we aren't expecting miracles, but we are expecting progress and a little more added to the game than a few licenses. And again, if we are asked to pay almost the same price as the NBA/MLB type of games, then I believe we deserve just a little bit more than just a semi decent cricket game. Doesn't help with every iteration we say "this game has potential" but it never reaches its full potential. And we know by now, the games won't be released in the greatest of states, but 2 games in a row we've experienced the same issue waiting 3 weeks for the day 1 patch.

So yes, I think we all just want to see this game and all new iterations showing progress so it can actually reach its full potential, because we are all willing to support BA and assist where we can, if we see some proper communication and progress. I refuse to just settle for semi decent, this game can be so much better than that. And the only reason we're still on here whining about it, is because we still have a little bit of hope. It is when the most passionate of players stop giving a damn and this place goes quiet, that's when you know you will realize semi decent just isn't good enough.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Why the pitch condition doesnt change like DBC14 ??

Bigant should remake DBC 14 !!

Users who are viewing this thread