Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Wealey

ICC Board Member
:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyesjust what a heard about some of the missions...anyway I'm not into spiderman etc and not that worried about it.

I'm more annoyed that I can't play a late cut and my new server case hasn't arrived yet

You mocked him for saying Spider-Man was quality and you haven't even played it.

Spider-Man the game whether you like Spider-Man or not is exceptional.

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
You mocked him for saying Spider-Man was quality and you haven't even played it.

Spider-Man the game whether you like Spider-Man or not is exceptional.
Exactly , I am an Xbox user so haven’t played it but from everything I’ve seen and the reviews it’s one of the games of the year. That’s why if I am playing a cricket video game my expectations would be super low compared to a Spider-Man type release or NBA as the example.

Don’t retailers set the price and not the publisher? For example in Australia it ranges between $79 and $99 depending on retailers so it’s not as though big ant is setting that price point?

I understand people being frustrated about pitch conditions but in the end it’s a video game that has a lot of tools for customisation and the work on there that people from here do is exceptional. Go back and play Ponting cricket or Ashes 07 with fake names , limited likeness and the lack of options to change or create anything…

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What I will say is that there is a good game in there: it should have been there from the start but it wasnt.

I just had a slipcatch whereby Smith standing at 2nd slip dived to his left to grasp a sharp catch, wicketkeeper looked on appreciatively. It looked very genuine and very good.

However the fact that during the celebrtation everyone walks through the stumps cheapens it.

I do think some people are being negative just for the sake of negative. There are many genuine concerns but there is a good game in there.

kamrul

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Should the game be purchased now? In a dilemma between C24 & Spiderman 2!

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Exactly , I am an Xbox user so haven’t played it but from everything I’ve seen and the reviews it’s one of the games of the year. That’s why if I am playing a cricket video game my expectations would be super low compared to a Spider-Man type release or NBA as the example.

Don’t retailers set the price and not the publisher? For example in Australia it ranges between $79 and $99 depending on retailers so it’s not as though big ant is setting that price point?

I understand people being frustrated about pitch conditions but in the end it’s a video game that has a lot of tools for customisation and the work on there that people from here do is exceptional. Go back and play Ponting cricket or Ashes 07 with fake names , limited likeness and the lack of options to change or create anything…

I agree with you to a degree, there are very much unrealistic expectations attached to this game from some corners, like a million bowling actions etc but what you would expect, given this is the 6th (I think) cricket game they've developed is that they would incrementally build on each one. This has clearly not been the case and this is where most frustration stems from.

We had things like visible pitch wear or accurate player body shapes in their games 7 or 8 years ago which have inexplicably disappeared, not to mention bugs carrying over, especially the last 3 iterations. C22 ended up pretty playable (OP spinners notwithstanding) with a brilliantly populated Academy but what we have now is a game not as good as C22 ended up being, with an Academy where not all C22 creations do not carry over correctly, bats/stadiums specifically and one which has become more restrictive due to the impact of player licensing.

Largely people do not expect Madden or FIFA. What we do expect is for bugs from previous games to have been addressed, some sort of progression of ideas like career mode (still not as good as AO Tennis) and a flexible Academy where peoples hard work from C22 can still be relevant.

This really isn't too much to ask at an AAA price. We don't want Spiderman 2 we just want a cricket game that plays like cricket.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
I agree with you to a degree, there are very much unrealistic expectations attached to this game from some corners, like a million bowling actions etc but what you would expect, given this is the 6th (I think) cricket game they've developed is that they would incrementally build on each one. This has clearly not been the case and this is where most frustration stems from.

We had things like visible pitch wear or accurate player body shapes in their games 7 or 8 years ago which have inexplicably disappeared, not to mention bugs carrying over, especially the last 3 iterations. C22 ended up pretty playable (OP spinners notwithstanding) with a brilliantly populated Academy but what we have now is a game not as good as C22 ended up being, with an Academy where not all C22 creations do not carry over correctly, bats/stadiums specifically and one which has become more restrictive due to the impact of player licensing.

Largely people do not expect Madden or FIFA. What we do expect is for bugs from previous games to have been addressed, some sort of progression of ideas like career mode (still not as good as AO Tennis) and a flexible Academy where peoples hard work from C22 can still be relevant.

This really isn't too much to ask at an AAA price. We don't want Spiderman 2 we just want a cricket game that plays like cricket.
If you count the Table Top and BBL games you would have thought they had had enough practice at it.

Are they overstretched, under publisher pressure?

I personally don’t believe it is incompetence from workers or not being passionate about things.

Don’t get me wrong all the valid criticism is valid and should be addressed but I think the problems lie in work systems and protocols and financial and publisher pressures.

If I were a fly on the wall what would I see? A toxic work environment? A happy relaxed place to work? Chaos? Order and creative space?

I just don’t know. It seems they are trying to cram so many games and so much content in such a small space and time that its all falling over each other.

There’s probably a poor guy or gal working on tennis rackets, rugby balls, cricket stumps, AFL shirts all at the same time: are they ready yet? Is that finished? I need that tomorrow….

Meh, ramblings of a madman.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Priorities appear to me to be wrong. All the best work come after the release which I'm witnessing first hand.

At some point there needs to be some realization that gameplay is king and without the fundamentals in place you could have the whole globe licensed and it means nothing.

If you count the Table Top and BBL games you would have thought they had had enough practice at it.

I personally don’t believe it is incompetence from workers or not being passionate about things.

Don’t get me wrong all the valid criticism is valid and should be addressed but I think the problems lie in work systems and protocols and financial and publisher pressures.

If I were a fly on the wall what would I see? A toxic work environment? A happy relaxed place to work? Chaos? Order and creative space?

I just don’t know. It seems they are trying to cram so many games and so much content in such a small space and time that its all falling over each other.

There’s probably a poor guy or gal working on tennis rackets, rugby balls, cricket stumps, AFL shirts all at the same time: are they ready yet? Is that finished? I need that tomorrow….

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
If I was in charge then

A. It would be a major feck up of historical proportions

B. I would strip everything away and build up from the bottom: pitch physics, ball physics, bat physics….. and take it from there

I would rather have a game where I can only. play an endless 2 team anonymous odi tournament with excellent topnotch gameplay than all the other shit.

Musings of a maniac.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
Thesis:

“Licenses sell and people who buy the game based on licensed content don’t give too much credence to gameplay”

Discuss!

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa

Valid ramblings I would say... and we do feel for the guys and girls working under enormous amounts of pressure trying to release 4 games in a short period of time. That's why I keep saying, we have some talented guys in our community who would be more than willing to help in any way we can. We are all passionate about this game and we really want to see it grow. So where do we go from here? I always ask, WHAT NOW? This is the current situation, what can we do to improve it?

Why not get some input from the guys that have been here for a long time?

We always see the potential in every new game, but we need to develop that potential and I am convinced we can all help in some small way.

Users who are viewing this thread