Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
i'd prefer visual change and no deterioration effect, than no visual change and no deterioration effect, which is what we have
Agreed and as I posted previously if you just have different slider sets saved for different circumstances (e.g. day 1 set and a day 5 set) you can make the ball behave differently anyway. It's obviously preferable if it does it automatically but if it at least looks more worn then I'm happy.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
But shouldn't we be at the stage where dusty decks benefit spin, where you actually get more AI out than on green decks. Not just having to change sliders every five minutes so it looks like the pitch grips more? Where uneven bounce happens on cracks and can put AI in danger on the fifth day more than the first day.

Everyone seems happy with purely cosmetic changes which surprises me. When you mess around with all these sliders does it actually affect the cricket you see?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
But shouldn't we be at the stage where dusty decks benefit spin, where you actually get more AI out than on green decks. Not just having to change sliders every five minutes so it looks like the pitch grips more? Where uneven bounce happens on cracks and can put AI in danger on the fifth day more than the first day.

Everyone seems happy with purely cosmetic changes which surprises me. When you mess around with all these sliders does it actually affect the cricket you see?
I have never liked these slider adjustment at all. For me it must have been in built in the game. The game mechanics should seamlessly modify these sliders as per the game conditions. In the name of customisation BAS has introduced these sliders and it's actually not fun to keep adjusting it while playing. If their match engine is not able to seamlessly integrate these sliders as per the game conditions, BAS should have an option to download these sliders from community (realistic slider settings created by community) and import/apply it for each game. This can to some extent get the realism in the game.

@MattW Even in the match conditions, there should be an option randomise it and once randomised (based on region and season) and it is fixed and cannot be modified further for that game. It kind of throws the challenge as a player. Specially in career mode, the player should never get chance to pick his conditions, that is the true challenge of raising up the ranks.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

I don't disagree, we certainly should be at that stage. But because we're not the sliders change, at least for me, is the only way to bring a sense of realism to it.

I cant speak for everyone but I don't change my sliders all the time, at the start of day 4 I'll change it to the Day 4/5 set I've made and leave it until the end of the match. Up until then I'll set it to the Day 1/2/3 set I've made and leave it alone until Day 4.

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I have never liked these slider adjustment at all. For me it must have been in built in the game. The game mechanics should seamlessly modify these sliders as per the game conditions. In the name of customisation BAS has introduced these sliders and it's actually not fun to keep adjusting it while playing. If their match engine is not able to seamlessly integrate these sliders as per the game conditions, BAS should have an option to download these sliders from community (realistic slider settings created by community) and import/apply it for each game. This can to some extent get the realism in the game.

@MattW Even in the match conditions, there should be an option randomise it and once randomised (based on region and season) and it is fixed and cannot be modified further for that game. It kind of throws the challenge as a player. Specially in career mode, the player should never get chance to pick his conditions, that is the true challenge of raising up the ranks.
never been a fan of sliders either .

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
Keepers are KILLING this game.

Ran a little test on lunch.

Opened up with Lyon and Steve Smith on a hard/dry SCG deck.

8/3 without even trying.

Just look at these three dismissals and the stupidly inhuman catches.

This also needs tacking badly @Wealey

Users who are viewing this thread