Cricket 24 - General Discussion

KasunD95

School Cricketer
Do you get paid per comment or is it daily wage?

The game is definitely better than c22 and it's in a better stage than what it was released but certainly not the best ever.

Note:- if you can comment about others, others too can comment about you. So please don't rant that point back.
Oh I forgot cricket 07 of EA sports is the best closely followed by code masters cricket 09

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I was playing the World Cup as England and the first match was against the Dutch, I bowled them out for 98 in Kolkata Park (surprisingly I couldn't change the stadium to the Eden Gardens). Had a bowling lineup of Brydon Carse, Reece Topley, Will Jacks, Joe Root and Dan Mouseley. Carse got 1 wicket. Will Jacks with 1. Root with 2. Mouseley with 1 and Topley finished things off at the death with a 2-fer at the end. And 3 run-outs to boot. Keepers are really quick on their feet now.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ok so my current issue is the FIELDS THROW FASTTT! Like crazy fast. I get its now more difficult to take twos as the fielders looked lethargic but now even before I complete 1 run down deep, the ball is already on its way back.

I am unsure what lightening issue Kings guy is having, I have no issue on my Series S.

Downloading teams of Academy is SOOOOO SLOWWWW. Took me 39 minutes to download 10 odd teams. And no its not my internet.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Chicken legged game with doped fielders who doesn't even care to field the ball is the best game ever. Brian Lara 99 which released 25 years ago had better fielding than this.
I think the fielding is fine apart from the little side shuffle they do. Mega impressed playing it today and they are throwing how they should throw now FAST keep you on your toes we’ve got too used to slo motion cricket and animations this is how it should be

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I had to do them 1 by 1. Seems to time out if you do too much at once.
I've been able to "replace all" from the team manager page, but it's tiresome as quoted below.
Ok so my current issue is the FIELDS THROW FASTTT! Like crazy fast. I get its now more difficult to take twos as the fielders looked lethargic but now even before I complete 1 run down deep, the ball is already on its way back.

I am unsure what lightening issue Kings guy is having, I have no issue on my Series S.

Downloading teams of Academy is SOOOOO SLOWWWW. Took me 39 minutes to download 10 odd teams. And no its not my internet.

One HUGE complaint I have which again carries from C22 is the Broadcast 1 camera speeding off ahead when Jasprit's action is playing. Camera tracks every other action fine but as this one is a lot slower it's panned to the bowling crease halfway through the run up, making it a lot harder to time bowling with him (or anyone using said action)

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

I think it must just be for Xbox One. After every delivery/simulate to player career the lighting goes dark, as well as there being stadium glitches and matrix style lag as noted by other users.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Now that spin seems to be a bit lighter, we can go back to my other constant moan, mentalities.

When bowling at the AI, has anyone seen any difference between aggressive players and conservative players? I'm not even noticing any different in shots, let alone strike rates. Ben Foakes, plodding along at 3 an over. Ben Stokes, plodding along at 3 an over. Joe Root, plodding along at 3 an over.

cricboi

Club Captain
The batting has become quite excellent in the shorter formats now that the AI are setting competitive fields and actually bowling to them. I don't even mind the amazing run out throws because it makes me play more disciplined. Hoping they can build on this and make tests equally good. Right now the biggest issue is you can just get boundary after boundary without them putting someone out there. If fixed this would elevate an already excellent experience.

In terms of bowling, the AI is much more competitive and more challenging to get out. I still have trouble finding a good top of off length without really messing with the sliders to a point that makes other things worse. Hopefully they can fix pitch degradation and then we might have a real gem on our hands.

Sepulchasm

Club Cricketer
Is the general feeling that post patches the game is worth buying on Xbox Series X now, or just stick with 22?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Is the general feeling that post patches the game is worth buying on Xbox Series X now, or just stick with 22?
Wait for one or max two more patches. Also not played longer format as I dont have patience but shorter form is good.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just had a Foakes legside stumping with the batsman overbalancing forward after a leg glance. Really cool. Still feel spinners are a bit OP though.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just a big shout out to the members here who I know are having a lot of input in getting this game better. Without your work we wouldn't be getting the progress we are. Keep at it and keep pushing for those things we need.

I know for a fact that all the previous titles would have been much worse than they were without the dedicated and time-consuming silent work a relative small group of members have given to the benefit of many. Gods work you are doing.

You know who you are.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread