Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
What you reckon to current build mate ? Anything glaring you think needs addressing. I’m loving it especially now the slo motion reactions and plodding to every ball has gone but maybe that’s me just shocked and suprised that I’m really enjoying playing for the first time in a long time.
Very similar for me mate (Xbox). Started a test match last night, Bangladesh v England (created teams) I’ve just taken the new ball and they are currently 200 odd for 5. No run outs!

3 for Swann, but he’s bowled around 25 overs and 2 for Bresnan, but they were catches in the ring from cutters, so that was nice to see. Playing in India so swing slider right down and the ball is turning, great test match conditions for the sub continent

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Very similar for me mate (Xbox). Started a test match last night, Bangladesh v England (created teams) I’ve just taken the new ball and they are currently 200 odd for 5. No run outs!

3 for Swann, but he’s bowled around 25 overs and 2 for Bresnan, but they were catches in the ring from cutters, so that was nice to see. Playing in India so swing slider right down and the ball is turning, great test match conditions for the sub continent
You using 2011 England team ? Might have to have a look at that my fav ever ashes down under got me hooked on the game.

Might just be me again hoping to see something but the AI bowling seems much better have you noticed ? More field changes aswell and bowl to a plan

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
You using 2011 England team ? Might have to have a look at that my fav ever ashes down under got me hooked on the game.

Might just be me again hoping to see something but the AI bowling seems much better have you noticed ? More field changes aswell and bowl to a plan
That era mate yeah, currently playing the build up to that Ashes in Aus, so Bangladesh home and away, then Pakistan for 4 tests, then on to the Aussies down under. Need to get round to sharing the teams but I’m actually enjoying playing at the moment, so I’m making the most of it haha

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
That era mate yeah, currently playing the build up to that Ashes in Aus, so Bangladesh home and away, then Pakistan for 4 tests, then on to the Aussies down under. Need to get round to sharing the teams but I’m actually enjoying playing at the moment, so I’m making the most of it haha
Let us know when you do please would Love to see tremlett charging in once again

Wealey

ICC Board Member
What you reckon to current build mate ? Anything glaring you think needs addressing. I’m loving it especially now the slo motion reactions and plodding to every ball has gone but maybe that’s me just shocked and suprised that I’m really enjoying playing for the first time in a long time.

Still think the keepers need some more love.. their reactions and dive distance are still crazy.

But there's so much improvement in fielding in general.

I'm slightly concerned by the leg side aerial flick that has found it's way into tests.

But it's getting there..

shan111

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does anyone else finding that AI is regularly losing 3-4 wickets within the first 15 overs of an ODI, not considering the silly run outs? This thing wasn't there before the latest patch. As a matter of fact, AI in ODI used to regularly score 270+.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi All, I am getting close to a real gaming experience with the below custom sliders in Cricket 24. But the only problem I am facing is with the ball hitting the top part of the bat or bottom of the bat still goes for 6. Which of these sliders impacts that, I want to tweak it, could someone help here, thanks!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-02 at 15.51.32.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-02 at 15.51.32.jpeg
    295.8 KB · Views: 25
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-02 at 15.51.34.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-02 at 15.51.34.jpeg
    288.7 KB · Views: 25
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-02 at 15.51.38 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-02 at 15.51.38 (2).jpeg
    307.8 KB · Views: 24
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-02 at 15.51.38 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-02 at 15.51.38 (1).jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 24
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-02 at 15.51.38.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-02 at 15.51.38.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 26

niksopikso

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
This game is testing my nerves. Started atest match Ind vs Eng. first 3 balls Jimmy Anderson throws the ball for a over throw. I am 12-0 in 0.3 balls. I defended the ball but he is thrpwing it for overthrow. Any idea how do iI get rid of this? Is it only seen by me?

niksopikso

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
This game is testing my nerves. Started atest match Ind vs Eng. first 3 balls Jimmy Anderson throws the ball for a over throw. I am 12-0 in 0.3 balls. I defended the ball but he is thrpwing it for overthrow. Any idea how do iI get rid of this? Is it only seen by me?
This happened consecutively for first 3 balls. Whole mood of playing a realistic test match got spoiled.
View attachment c3b74bef-2307-4e0e-9260-4eb607f36cd7.mp4

niksopikso

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
So, for every front foot forward defence, the bowler is picking up the ball and throws it for four overthrows. CRAZYYYY. Switched off the game. Are you guys not facing this?

threetoed

School Cricketer
So, for every front foot forward defence, the bowler is picking up the ball and throws it for four overthrows. CRAZYYYY. Switched off the game. Are you guys not facing this?

A known issue: https://board.bigant.com/t/cricket-24-megathread/37/381

It seems to be happening when a bowler is over the wicket to the batsman, so when he is bowling on the same side the batsman is facing and is able to field the ball without crossing the pitch.

JNT said they are working on it in the replies.

Staresblank

Club Captain
I think the game has come on leaps and bounds this week. Really enjoying it, feels like a genuine contest that I haven't felt since c19.

I think there is a slight issue with classic batting controls. I think it's quite hard to hit it to cover point at the moment, it doesn't feel bad during tests but I notice it during ODIs when your trying to pierce the field. I can hit to cover and point very easy but not cover point. I remember similar issues at the beginning of C22 and DBC17, anyone else found this an issue? Seems to only affect pace bowling

Staresblank

Club Captain
Can some top edges please go to fine leg instead of behind the keeper every time? I've given up bowling bouncers now, it's not worth bowling

no_remorse28

Club Cricketer
Does anyone know why I can't select what bat my career mode player uses anymore

Apologies if asked already

JNT BA

@JNT
Big Ant
I just got a bug where Ben Stokes is now using a Kookaburra Surge bat in my game. Thought it could have been a side-effect of an England team I downloaded in the academy or something. But it is unfortunately not. I've reset the academy and restarted the game multiple times to see if the issue fixed itself, but alas, it still persists. Just wanted to know if anyone else has the same bug on the PS version. I've sent a ticket to Big Ant. Hope they resolve this. However, this could also be a side-effect of the latest patch, but it is doubtful if I was the only person affected.
Yeah, you can blame HBK for that one, he missed a number and gave him the wrong bat, this will be updated in the next patch.

As it comes to the other players we have been doing updates to a number of players with each patch as we work with our partners. Sometimes we do updates to them based on what we see online, I know we just did a Lauren Bell update to give her a M&H bat she's been using to go into an update.

Users who are viewing this thread