Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
Arent the AA gaming company? EA or not.. They dont behave like smaller companies when asking for money, why should customers not hold them accountable at the highest level when it comes to problems?
Yeah because they trying to give a AA product but their company isn't nowhere near that level.
How much time since the error happened I don't think even 6 hours.
Definitely hold them accountable but people expectations are too much and the comments are really funny.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
EA and ThQ prices.
Game level and company level.
Apples and oranges
no-why.gif

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yeah because they trying to give a AA product but their company isn't nowhere near that level.
Definitely hold them accountable but people expectations are too much and the comments are really funny.
6 hours is a long time. Working in a company and thinking my software will be down for 6 hours is a longggg time. If you cannot fix within an hour, a lot of questions get thrown around your "level" of expertise. For example I released a new software version in my company and due an unforeseen situation, the site was down for 15 minutes, we lost $8000 in orders. That is on me, you have to hold people accountable. I understand this is just a game, players can come back later but in this and age it is unacceptable.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am still getting this error, any eta for it to be resolved?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
6 hours is a long time. Working in a company and thinking my software will be down for 6 hours is a longggg time. If you cannot fix within an hour, a lot of questions get thrown around your "level" of expertise. For example I released a new software version in my company and due an unforeseen situation, the site was down for 15 minutes, we lost $8000 in orders. That is on me, you have to hold people accountable. I understand this is just a game, players can come back later but in this and age it is unacceptable.
Server came back online just now

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That argument is so full of holes it might as well be Swiss.

If I am expected to pay the same price for Cricket 24 than I would have to for a game from Rockstar/Ubisoft/EA then I am entitled to expect a functional game and stable servers.

It is by no means their first crack at it and the online only play is unacceptable.

If we don't hold BA accountable they will keep on releasing half baked games that only become half-decent before patch support ends.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
That argument is so full of holes it might as well be Swiss.

If I am expected to pay the same price for Cricket 24 than I would have to for a game from Rockstar/Ubisoft/EA then I am entitled to expect a functional game and stable servers.

It is by no means their first crack at it and the online only play is unacceptable.

If we don't hold BA accountable they will keep on releasing half baked games that only become half-decent before patch support ends.
The "They aren't EA/2K" argument falls by the wayside when (by publisher's choice) the game releases unfinished at a premium price. I get the prices have gone up across the board but if its going to cost players upwards of £40 on day one, it should not release in an unplayable state.

Games like GTA trilogy, Cyberpunk, Saints Row & Redfall were rightly canned for being released by big time studios in that state so you'd hope the smaller companies would see the shit they got and want to avoid any backlash.

Clearly Nacon don't care, they seem to allow one delay then push out whatever mess they're given for the second go around, licencees don't see a negative reaction big enough to outweigh the fee they receive so without competition nothing will change as there's no outside pressure to.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Lol the reaction that people are having. What do they think Big Ant is EA, ThQ?

I’m not criticising their tardiness but the fact that there’s a mandatory online check-in for a game. I despise that practice and would condone it in any game irrespective of how big/small the company is.

I remember the reason for it being originally present as an anti-piracy measure and I’m pretty sure their older titles did get pirated so what’s the point?

threetoed

School Cricketer
The problem with the 'the game is EA priced, so it should be EA quality' is that there are fixed costs to developing on modern systems - licensing (both from the engine/platform owners as well as the leagues and players), dev kits, production and distribution, etc.). FIFA has a huge budget to add lots of features and polish, which they make up for with huge sales. Cricket has smaller sales, so it must have a smaller budget. Expecting it to be as polished as an EA/2K game is unrealistic.

That being said, we've seen in the last month that Big Ant was capable of releasing a much better cricket game than they did. And, if they release a game that requires an always on internet connection (which I think is a net negative for the consumer), then they should be able to maintain that connection with a decent daily uptime, everyday. A game should be good within it's own terms.

Users who are viewing this thread