Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@MattW @JNT BA
Would it be possible to implement a beta or experimental branch on steam. The advantage is that people can opt in and out of a patch and you can get a bigger sample of feedback before initiating an update.

There are many games that use this proces to the benefit of the devs, the users and the quality of the game.

It would also circumvent a lot of the negativity which reveals itself when patches are deemed to be regressive.

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I haven’t been played to play much over the past week and given my time constraints with the kids at moment I decided to give the IPL a run.

To make it a bit more interesting I downloaded a heap of old school players and randomly put them in teams.

I played a full game both batting and bowling. Bowled first my line up included Alan Donald , Shaheen Afridi , Sean Abbott , Harbijan Singh and the Waugh Twins.

Fair to say I didn’t enjoy bowling at all in this format. It didn’t matter where you pitched the ball the AI would find a way to flick it over square leg or edge past gully and get east boundaries. Haydos and Jayasuria put on 90 in 7 overs smashing me everywhere got Jaya out from a direct hit from the boundary.
Ponting next in and smoked for 3 huge sixes but then got out caught Hooking at fine leg. I did enjoy that wicket and animation.

The rest was just so tedious it didn’t matter who I bowled it was like there was a set target of runs that were coming off that over no matter what.

Steve Waugh bowled the last over and got hit for 25 all from the bat of Brett Lee.

My turn batting and I smoked a cut shot with Sehwag caught by Ponting at Point to a screamer. Gilly smashed a nice drive for 4 then got run out my own fault.

Waugh twins put on a few but most if not all of the runs come through mid wicket or cover and no where else, AI didn’t really change fields.

Spin was extremely hard to put away Zampa and Rashid Khan was just shots to short cover and out caught. It was just so hard to get any sort of decent feel or cricket to the game play.

The only thing that made the game interesting for me was the fast I had past players mixed with current day but once the game started it was just dull and flat.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW @JNT BA
Would it be possible to implement a beta or experimental branch on steam. The advantage is that people can opt in and out of a patch and you can get a bigger sample of feedback before initiating an update.

There are many games that use this proces to the benefit of the devs, the users and the quality of the game.

It would also circumvent a lot of the negativity which reveals itself when patches are deemed to be regressive.

This... With Euro Truck Sim the game has been going for nearly a decade and you can select builds going back years on steam.

Nard2020

Club Captain
How many patches did we get for C22? It seemed like 1 a week for months...
I’ll never forget Ross proudly bragging on Twitter that AO International Tennis was the single most patched title on steam, and how that somehow proved how much support went into the title……it was never the flex that he thought it was, but it seems that mentality has not been lost on Big Ant over these past 5 years.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I’ll never forget Ross proudly bragging on Twitter that AO International Tennis was the single most patched title on steam, and how that somehow proved how much support went into the title……it was never the flex that he thought it was, but it seems that mentality has not been lost on Big Ant over these past 5 years.
Exactly. What he is actually saying is: we released a game so broken that it needed so many patches to fix. It is really absurd how you can say thats a win.

I can still score 4 aces per game while serving by aiming exactly at a certain point on the service line and ai just stands there.

Afl is still waiting for on the box features.

Last edited:

F14 Tomcats

School Cricketer
Tennis titles didn't really improve either, world tour 1 and 2 were total shambles, either AI would hit 40 plus unforced errors (generic players) , a set or play ball machine accuracy,no inbtween. Definitely made me warey of big ant games and unfortunately seems things ain't improving....

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Having finally taken the plunge and started the game and my career mode (three matches in) I can say that overthrows and run outs are the most game-breaking.

The AI batsmen insist on taking suicidal runs to mid-off.

I don't know if it is because my career player is still playing club matches, but there are exciting moments including play and misses.

In saying that I do like that the fielders are less lethargic, the easy runs straight to the fielder are a thing of the past (C22).

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
career mode .. made him LBW .. seen rview all red .. but appeal doesnt work for me i dont know whats the issue with appeal when i press appeal butn it doesnt work at all.. also i got edge but no keeper and 2nd slip tried to catch "/

Screenshot 2023-11-16 201407.png

F14 Tomcats

School Cricketer
Always remember on c19 patch notes said fixed issue of AI bowling leg side line far to often , wasn't fixed at all , c22 still present and addmiittley don't own c24 but heard it's still a issue....

Users who are viewing this thread