Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hows about giving away A FIXED GAME YOU BLITHERING IDIOT ;)
He is just trying to market / promote his unfinished product. He will give the codes only if you are nice to him in Twitter. This is an unwritten rule of Mr. Ross.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
As in the thread here? It's reviewed periodically, but the support site is the only place that I can guarentee the team read something.

Though please, as the first post/template notes - "use an example rather than 'any' even if it occurs with multiple", a report is much more helpful when we have an example of the teams and mode you were playing.

There's some overheads with running such a program - with the closed beta process we can accept a higher threshold of known issues or crashes, while if something was public, even if opt in, there'd need to be more time in on ensuring the builds are closer to production ready. The other issue, is simply that something we can do with a closed process is deliver something experimental, but then either substantially push that back or just drop it for a full rework - that's harder in a public environment.

You could maintain two separate tracks, but that again increases the amount of time internally spent on producing things other than the release product, which at times can be quite valuable, but it has to be planned for ahead of time - so something we would really have to be going into a game knowing that was the plan and optimising things around th
Wicket Keeper (AI) is throwing every ball back to bowler if human batter leaves or misses ball is weird and worse animation that's newly introduced along with patches without proper testing

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
That would be great: live on some stream or other: getting handed the game and just saying can I have the money instead to put towards my Gods of Cricket fund?
Ouch!! Rubbing salt on injury!!!

threetoed

School Cricketer
That would be great: live on some stream or other: getting handed the game and just saying can I have the money instead to put towards my Gods of Cricket fund?
To paraphrase 500 Days of Summer: Cricket 24 is better than the game of my dreams. It exists.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Having a minor breakdown over downloading playfaces for the Bangladesh squad, since the links between Tanzid Hasan Tamim and Tanzim Hasan Sakib seem to be broken. I hate this game at times

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Imagine your team loses the final and then you have to play this crock of shite as well

I was really worried when you were playing this game and having fun last week.

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Okay. I cracked. I got.

I've done 70 overs of Kent v Essex and have bowled out Kent for a 100 odd and batted to 50ish/1 so my feedback is based on that.

Mostly I feel this game, in this shit patch just now, is actually not that bad. There are issues that remain from '22 etc but, d'yknow what, this is a very 6/10 game. I'm gonna list things I noticed which are obviously only based on 70 overs of first class match play and I appreciate that limited overs players mileage may vary. These are things I feel are different from '22
The Good

Defensive shots carry weight and actually feel like they matter with timing etc whereas in Cricket 22 you could just block and block and it didn't matter. This means playing as Nick Browne is now thrilling,
The ball carry from bowlers when bowling feels a lot better and I enjoyed that
Things look quite smooth

The Bad

The inside edges which either result in runs or wickets are a bit much and take away from immersion.
The AI don't manipulate field enough so I can stick with a 7/2 for the entire innings and not even put in a short leg etc and get wickets.
If I did put in those I would be bowling Kent for 50
Ai running is easy to exploit with the run out mechanic BUT it easy to just not do it so respect that in a way
Did a run and cancel and my non-striking batsman just stood in the middle of the pitch and got run out
Shots on the offside hit the same trajectory every time and look scripted but this is a forever problem.
Lines to batsmen from around the wicket are too legside whether leftie or rightie
In cut-scenes collision detection means nothings as players phase through each other taking a wicket.

The Other

Set a field and apply to all at the beginning of the match and then second over needed to do it again
Too many wides/NB bowled by AI bowlers on hard pitched by bowling short.
Full blooded shots behind square are getting caught by both me and AI
Wicket-keeper phases through stumps and catching shots legside off spinners is too OP.

Ultimately I feel the game is okay. It's not dogshit but understand why people would beef given the sell it's had from the makers. It's not that much worse than '22... but '22 wasn't a great game. This is a very mid game atm but it feels it could get to an 8 (and again I stress only play tests so mileage may vary) with tweaks to fielding specifically. That is where it falls down to me. That and the mad inside edges.

Anyway. I cracked like a loser and here is my feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread