Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Overall the game is playing well now and the majority of the major issues have been fixed or at least improved to the point where the game is able to be enjoyed.

Few issues I'm finding. For context I'm playing a test between England (me) and India.
  • The ball deterioration is broken. I'm 6 overs into my second innings and the ball that India are using looks like a dog has chewed it. It could quite easily pass for 100 overs old. The ball seems to look shiny and new for an over or two then immediately looks really old. There's no gradual deterioration. To be honest unless someone has found otherwise I don't think it actually makes any difference to the behaviour of the ball or my chances of getting out but just for realism purposes it would be nice.
  • Some players have no heads but I'm certain BA are aware of this.
  • Pitch deterioration seems minimal, at least so far. I'm midway through D3 and there's barely any difference between this and D1, if any at all. Is this similar to the ball in that all of a sudden (probably overnight into D4) the pitch suddenly looks worn? Again I'm not sure if it makes any difference to the way the ball behaves anyway but for realism it would be nice.
  • Sounds. The match is at the Oval bit it seems like again sounds have been muddled. I've had appeals with no sound to them and no crowd reaction at all to boundaries, no balls/wides or close calls.
These seem like relatively minor fixes to me and credit to BA they have got most of the fundamentals sorted now. It just needs a few tweaks here and there.

Hester

County Cricketer
Overall the game is playing well now and the majority of the major issues have been fixed or at least improved to the point where the game is able to be enjoyed.

Few issues I'm finding. For context I'm playing a test between England (me) and India.
  • The ball deterioration is broken. I'm 6 overs into my second innings and the ball that India are using looks like a dog has chewed it. It could quite easily pass for 100 overs old. The ball seems to look shiny and new for an over or two then immediately looks really old. There's no gradual deterioration. To be honest unless someone has found otherwise I don't think it actually makes any difference to the behaviour of the ball or my chances of getting out but just for realism purposes it would be nice.
  • Some players have no heads but I'm certain BA are aware of this.
  • Pitch deterioration seems minimal, at least so far. I'm midway through D3 and there's barely any difference between this and D1, if any at all. Is this similar to the ball in that all of a sudden (probably overnight into D4) the pitch suddenly looks worn? Again I'm not sure if it makes any difference to the way the ball behaves anyway but for realism it would be nice.
  • Sounds. The match is at the Oval bit it seems like again sounds have been muddled. I've had appeals with no sound to them and no crowd reaction at all to boundaries, no balls/wides or close calls.
These seem like relatively minor fixes to me and credit to BA they have got most of the fundamentals sorted now. It just needs a few tweaks here and there.
Agree with a lot of this even though I've only had the game a day. I think the ball deterioration issue has been there since C22.
Re the pitch, I've played a few tests just through day 1 and 2. I always start day 1 with a day 2 pitch, and have wear set to fast. With those settings I'm getting very distinct deterioration but no running marks on the field.

Major issue for me is the superhuman short leg fielding off spin bowling. It's a guaranteed wicket per over. I'd consider it game breaking.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Asked about the lack of updated GM bats and doesn't look likely we're getting the 2022, 23 or 24 ranges in game. Shame as the likes of NB, Kookaburra, GN all have their latest ranges added.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231121-220716.png
    Screenshot_20231121-220716.png
    156.5 KB · Views: 56

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Also. I've just done an academy reset (after spending more time than I dare-say getting teams fully playfaced last week but I digress)

Is there any method to redownloading everything making sure the skills aren't broken or is Keston Jennings destined to be an 85 OVR?

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
IMHO with this new patch seam bowling is more rewarding than it has ever been in a BA game.

Opposition is blocking, missing playing both defensively and offensively, hitting appropriate shots and getting out in realistic ways.

My only gripe would be a need to tone down the inside edges and further tweak the AI running but otherwise, loads of fun.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is my issue with defensive shots. Look where the ball is and my input is a defensive shot towards the ball but the output is defensive to the opposite direction (legside). Same thing when I play defensive shot legside the output will be offside. Is this a bug or something I can change in sliders?
image_2023-11-22_043336410.png
This really annoys the crap out of me. Now you can't bat against spin because you keep getting bowled because of retarded defensive shots. Just another week of shelving the game I guess.

Last edited:

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
HALL OF THE FAME

@MattW

Including Hall of the Fame in cricket 24 will be best thing

1700629898973.png

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
This is my issue with defensive shots. Look where the ball is and my input is a defensive shot towards the ball but the output is defensive to the opposite direction (legside). Same thing when I play defensive shot legside the output will be offside. Is this a bug or something I can change in sliders?
View attachment 287167
This really annoys the crap out of me. Now you can't bat against spin because you keep getting bowled because of retarded defensive shots. Just another week of shelving the game I guess.
weird, nobody else reporting this.... all other shots are fine? I know that if you mis-time a shot it will play out an animation that will completely miss the ball

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
View attachment 287167
From where the ball is there I don’t think a defensive shot would register if that makes sense so it just plays any old shot out it happens to me loads if there’s a wide ball or one way outside off and I press defensive shot it just sends my batsman into dancing mode. Probably only input that will look normal there is a leave

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Also. I've just done an academy reset (after spending more time than I dare-say getting teams fully playfaced last week but I digress)

Is there any method to redownloading everything making sure the skills aren't broken or is Keston Jennings destined to be an 85 OVR?
Even I am hesitant to start the career mode for this reason , even licensed players are are not assigned their respective countries except India. The academy creations from C22 are broken as everyone has inflated skill.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
There is difference in Fielding team based

Can we see this in cricket 24

1700648802936.png

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Even I am hesitant to start the career mode for this reason , even licensed players are are not assigned their respective countries except India. The academy creations from C22 are broken as everyone has inflated skill.
I mean the skills on Cricket 22 aren't inflated they're just applied differently. It depends what part of the skills are most important for how great the impact is.

I did a quick analysis of the skills of about a dozen players after encountering a partnership between Starc and Lyon I couldn't break. My main conclusion is it seems quite unbalanced. Which is what I always think is more important than anything. Bowlers with very high batting levels for example. But equally it may be only a small difference in skill points makes a huge difference between two players.

It is probably one of things that put me off giving career mode a real go though this time.

Hester

County Cricketer
Superman, short leg fielder. This is an example of the insane short leg fielding I see when bowling spin. Happens at least once an over.

KingsPunjabIsaac

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Is the game playable on Xbox One yet or does it still have those horrible visuals whenever the game is simulating?

Users who are viewing this thread