Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
And I am yet to get lbw wickets in a test match. I have downloaded and re-skilled teams but just can't get any. Default sliders, @Rumple43 sliders etc. Doesn't matter what team I bowl at, there is just not any lbw's. Also every single tailender can time the ball perfect which eliminates lbw's and yorker bowled wickets. I did a test and removed every skill of a teams tailenders but still they flick, glance or drive the ball perfectly. Never had this problem in any other BA title. Unless it is an issue with standard controls which I doubt. I am just not comfortable with pro controls. Edges and inside edges I get plenty of and also catches in the field.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
And I am yet to get lbw wickets in a test match. I have downloaded and re-skilled teams but just can't get any. Default sliders, @Rumple43 sliders etc. Doesn't matter what team I bowl at, there is just not any lbw's. Also every single tailender can time the ball perfect which eliminates lbw's and yorker bowled wickets. I did a test and removed every skill of a teams tailenders but still they flick, glance or drive the ball perfectly. Never had this problem in any other BA title. Unless it is an issue with standard controls which I doubt. I am just not comfortable with pro controls. Edges and inside edges I get plenty of and also catches in the field.
Agreed tailenders against full bowl on the stump needs to be nerfed alot as they negotiate 158K full swing yorkers like a top order batter , However you can still get them LBW and BOWLED with a good length off cutter/inswinger outside the off stump but you have to set them up with 3 or 4 away swingers/Straight/Legcutter first.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I've downloaded Wastes county teams and I've decided to bite the bullet and reskill them, move players around, assign missing bats etc

Could someone do me a massive favour and list all of the batting stances/bowling actions please? I might as well add a bit of variety there while I'm at it.

shan111

Associate Captain
LBW is difficult to get but certainly possible with good setup. What I have learnt from my bowling in this game is that it takes at least 4-5 deliveries to setup a batsman. Sometimes it might take 12-15 deliveries spread over few overs to get them setup for a certain type of dismissals. Try to bowl 7-8 away going deliveries with field set such that the batsman can't take a run and then try to bowl on the stumps.

Even variation of seam position works at times. In this video if you look closely, I bowled an in-swinger with seam pointed towards 4th slip like an out-swinger, which probably led Williamson to play down the wrong line. So setup was 2 deliveries with normal seam position, 3rd on with out-swinger seam position, delivered from wide off the crease.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
LBW is difficult to get but certainly possible with good setup. What I have learnt from my bowling in this game is that it takes at least 4-5 deliveries to setup a batsman. Sometimes it might take 12-15 deliveries spread over few overs to get them setup for a certain type of dismissals. Try to bowl 7-8 away going deliveries with field set such that the batsman can't take a run and then try to bowl on the stumps.

Even variation of seam position works at times. In this video if you look closely, I bowled an in-swinger with seam pointed towards 4th slip like an out-swinger, which probably led Williamson to play down the wrong line. So setup was 2 deliveries with normal seam position, 3rd on with out-swinger seam position, delivered from wide off the crease.
Thanks but I play with standard control and can't control the seam position. It's not that I don't know how to bowl, it's Cricket 24 that is just different. Ashes Cricket, Cricket 19 and C22 I never had these issues. I don't want the game to be easy but it is just ridiculous and not realistic to not get these type of wickets frequently. Hope they sort it out soon.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain

Exactly how I get LBW and Bowled this way for a top order batsmen but it's a pity that you have setup a tailender too this way. Should be alot more easier specially against yorker length delivery.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa

which user teams did you download and did you re-skill them?

Hester

County Cricketer
I've had plenty of LBWs, mainly with off cutters and inswingers. In fact, in the first Ashes test I played, the last 2 AUS wickets were from LBW. Both were really bad calls and the AI didn't challenge either of them.

shan111

Associate Captain
Exactly how I get LBW and Bowled this way for a top order batsmen but it's a pity that you have setup a tailender too this way. Should be alot more easier specially against yorker length delivery.
True. It is absolutely maddening for me that I have to keep my patience and bowl to a no.11 as if I am bowling to a top-order batsman. When the game was launched, I remember getting the tail out was quite easy compared to previous games. But after all these patches, somehow the tail-enders once again have become bonafide allrounders!
which user teams did you download and did you re-skill them?
Licensed teams as provided in-game, no changes there. For the rest of the Int teams, I use @wasteyouryouth teams. No re-skilling done so far. Might do it later once this patching game is complete.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
True. It is absolutely maddening for me that I have to keep my patience and bowl to a no.11 as if I am bowling to a top-order batsman. When the game was launched, I remember getting the tail out was quite easy compared to previous games. But after all these patches, somehow the tail-enders once again have become bonafide allrounders!

Licensed teams as provided in-game, no changes there. For the rest of the Int teams, I use @wasteyouryouth teams. No re-skilling done so far. Might do it later once this patching game is complete.
Any slider changes and what difficulty? Sorry for all the questions but I am just so eager to get a more realistic game.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I've had plenty of LBWs, mainly with off cutters and inswingers. In fact, in the first Ashes test I played, the last 2 AUS wickets were from LBW. Both were really bad calls and the AI didn't challenge either of them.
Guess I just have bad luck then. I also use the exact same strategies as you guys but don't get these wickets. Are you also using classic controls like the others?

shan111

Associate Captain
Any slider changes and what difficulty? Sorry for all the questions but I am just so eager to get a more realistic game.
No need to be sorry.. we all are looking for the same thing. All default sliders on Veteran difficulty except physics. For physics, I have only changed 'Spinner Drift' to 25 in order to make them less effective against AI, the rest physics sliders are on default settings.

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think having to cancel the run adds something cool to the game. But I'm guessing it's a bug :grinning:
This batsman leaving crease run out glitch is becoming quite annoying , I think I’m more annoyed than Johnny B was , as I have exit and reload for 10th time during match I’m playing

TemPSaad

Associate Captain

Not allrounders by any means as they hardly get in to double digits but yes they are annoying against swinging Yorkers and big cutters as they easily read them all
They somehow find a way to get out sooner or later which makes me feel that bowling is scripted

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Curse all those who wanted spinners to actually spin the ball, now it's a mine field of guess work and a lottery of which ball of the over I will get out at! Haha
I have slightly fixed it by standing slightly outside the crease but that obviously means stumping is more likely if I miss it.

Users who are viewing this thread