Cricket 24 - General Discussion

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
There is undoubtedly work to do in various parts of the game. Career mode remains a no go for me because it is bland and predictable and offers no true progression. You just churn out games and get picked and churn out more games. However I have just bowled what I perceive to be the best opening session of a cricket game I have ever played. Circumspect against the new ball, couple of wiffs of a chance, a really nice looking bottom edge for of an attempted pull from a Mark Wood bouncer and just genuinely immersive play. Swings and roundabouts but there is a good game to be had in there depending on the mode you are playing.

Completely agree on this. I started a career mode last week and after a season I'm honestly bored already with the lack of progression. What I'd love to see instead is expanded county squads and you start as an 18yo playing 2nd xi cricket, maybe drip fed into certain comps etc instead of pointless club cricket against Ruturaj McCafferty, Nigel Tendulkar et all.

Conversely though, I've just started an England tour to India and the first test has genuinely been the most difficult and engaging cricket gaming experience I think I've ever had.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
It would be great if you and your club mates start their career while bowling in early 120ks with no swing and gradually you get improve and learn to move the ball and your pace increases ,or a spinner who can’t turn much and is not accurate as well and with seasons of grinding you learn how to spin and being accurate as well now that would be really cool thing to have in career mode.

Same applies to batting , you can’t play genuine pace or big spinning deliveries or swing and not much power to hit big sixes and then you improve and learn to play high pace bowling and big spin and increase your power to hit big sixes , some AI players also improves their game with you and after some seasons you and your AI club mate get to represent national team, now that would be a real career mode.

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
now 2 issue after new update online .. when cut scen kam then game is keep saying loading and only cut scene moving game not going forwar !! 2nd the kepper just keep moving forward to colect the throw ! !

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
now 2 issue after new update online .. when cut scen kam then game is keep saying loading and only cut scene moving game not going forwar !! 2nd the kepper just keep moving forward to colect the throw ! !
If I was you mate I’d just play offline sounds like a never ending nightmare

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Connect charger
thanx & yes i've checked & its connected thats why going in turbo mode in armoury crate(Asus TUF A15 2022 model ,GTX3050ti, 16 gb RAM , ryzen 7 6800, 1 tb ssd) ,facing after this patch only ,was running fine till now, nothing changed from my end, game is just not feeling smooth to me dont know why ?

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
thanx & yes i've checked & its connected thats why going in turbo mode in armoury crate(Asus TUF A15 2022 model ,GTX3050ti, 16 gb RAM , ryzen 7 6800, 1 tb ssd) ,facing after this patch only ,was running fine till now, nothing changed from my end, game is just not feeling smooth to me dont know why ?
Haven't played a lot since last patch will check and see if it's the same

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
"Due to community feedback we have reverted the change that locked the frame rate to 30fps, the trade-off is that the visual representation will scale instead of the fps. In a future update a setting will be implemented to allow users who prefer the visuals over framerate to select that as the priority."

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
"Due to community feedback we have reverted the change that locked the frame rate to 30fps, the trade-off is that the visual representation will scale instead of the fps. In a future update a setting will be implemented to allow users who prefer the visuals over framerate to select that as the priority."
Is this just ps4 and Xbox one ?

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The game was unplayable so what is the point of giving us the option later. Love big ants mentality at times

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
There is undoubtedly work to do in various parts of the game. Career mode remains a no go for me because it is bland and predictable and offers no true progression. You just churn out games and get picked and churn out more games. However I have just bowled what I perceive to be the best opening session of a cricket game I have ever played. Circumspect against the new ball, couple of wiffs of a chance, a really nice looking bottom edge for of an attempted pull from a Mark Wood bouncer and just genuinely immersive play. Swings and roundabouts but there is a good game to be had in there depending on the mode you are playing.
Interesting to see this is still the case. I think I only ever did Play Now and added my own depth and realism via external narrative on Cricket 22. Doing the same now in fact, now I'm back into it.

The games can deliver good cricket. They just fall down in so many other places. Fortunately most of them you can work around if you're willing to.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can someone please tell me how to bat with helmet to spinners? Do we have a shortcut key?

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Jimmy A : outswinger, outswinger, straight, inswinger: wicket! Love it. A jaffer of an over . Two beautiful looking defensive plays and misses, a tentative prod and then the edge!
Post automatically merged:

Interesting to see this is still the case. I think I only ever did Play Now and added my own depth and realism via external narrative on Cricket 22. Doing the same now in fact, now I'm back into it.

The games can deliver good cricket. They just fall down in so many other places. Fortunately most of them you can work around if you're willing to.
I like the test world championship mode as it gives a context and you go all over the world and even though you have to tweak things a little here and there they are immersive games.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread