Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Wahldo

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Clearly not the popular opinion: I exclusively play career mode and have done so for every DB iteration.

I do wish the dynamic lineups could have been toggled. As soon as I become captain I always sub the fakes for the real players, irrespective of rating.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The batsmen played a defenisve shot; the ball rolled away off the pitch, come into contact with the crack that has appeared and rolled off at a different angle! :eek:
If Geoffrey Boycott wasn't so busy bashing his missus he could get his fist in there let alone his car key!

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Interesting to see this is still the case. I think I only ever did Play Now and added my own depth and realism via external narrative on Cricket 22. Doing the same now in fact, now I'm back into it.

The games can deliver good cricket. They just fall down in so many other places. Fortunately most of them you can work around if you're willing to.
I was similar, but I went with Tour mode then added my own created series. I found this way I could set them in a certain month and get the ‘expected’ weather. I remember playing 22 in play now mode in a winter month and even though I set it to sunny everyone still wore jumpers/long sleeves etc because I assume the game was going off the real life date.

BarestOfMargins

Club Captain
Fps back to normal, such an enjoyable game in test cricket again.

Only complaints I would have (only batted so far)
-daft commentary (defensive shot that dribbles onto the pitch is apparently racing away to the boundary)
-drinks and breaks at same time on first day of a test
-looks like direct hits from deep throws are back

Ricky14

County Cricketer
I'm playing in PS4 Pro, Graphics and FPS is good.. I'm not finding any issue.. The game has definitely become engaging.. after a long time I played for 4 hrs straight and different tournaments..

What I also like is the dynamic camera, new batting pads and gloves makes the game look realistic.. so far loving it.

I also noticed BA has added Kookaburra pad.. not sure of gloves.. It will be great if they get batting and keeping pads along with keeping gloves for GM, Kookaburra, GN, NB, DSC, and SM as few players who are using other licensed bats they are wearing pad style 1 to 4 which do not look good.. for ex Nic Madinson uses DSC but he is wearing pad style between 1 to 4 which is old and do not look realistic.

caprikaps

Club Captain
I like the test world championship mode as it gives a context and you go all over the world and even though you have to tweak things a little here and there they are immersive games.
speaking of which I was wondering why haven’t the test championship mode updated with 23-25 season. It still has fixtures from 2021. I really like the test championship but no point playing the same old set up again. Not sure how difficult it is to just update the fixtures though!

Karachi

Associate Captain
Clearly not the popular opinion: I exclusively play career mode and have done so for every DB iteration.

I do wish the dynamic lineups could have been toggled. As soon as I become captain I always sub the fakes for the real players, irrespective of rating.

Most of the regular 'real' players from Pakistan team are missing in career mode when playing with custom player. Most of the AI players controlled players in the opposite national teams are also fake. This is a let down. I began playing with an existing (real) player yesterday because the patch made my custom career unplayable and found you get all the real players. I might continue with this new career and play as the entire team rather than just the player I have selected.

Fps back to normal, such an enjoyable game in test cricket again.

Only complaints I would have (only batted so far)
-daft commentary (defensive shot that dribbles onto the pitch is apparently racing away to the boundary)
-drinks and breaks at same time on first day of a test
-looks like direct hits from deep throws are back

- Commentary is bad. Its mechanical, lacks excitement, and is often wrong about the ball heading for 'fours.' This might come across as sexist but trust me it is not: Mel Jones' lines in the game are bad, especially her "easy" comment.

- Almost every throw results in a direct hit.

Last edited:

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Most of the regular 'real' players from Pakistan team are missing in career mode when playing with custom player. Most of the AI players controlled players in the opposite national teams are also fake. This is a let down. I began playing with an existing (real) player yesterday because the patch made my custom career unplayable and found you get all the real players. I might continue with this new career and play as the entire team rather than just the player I have selected.

- Commentary is bad. Its mechanical, lacks excitement, and is often wrong about balling heading for 'fours.' This might come across as sexist but trust me it is not: Mel Jones' lines in the game are bad, especially her "easy" comment.

- Almost every throw results in a direct hit.
Is there any option to mute Mel Jones, so irritating, obvious decision winning the toss and batting first hahaaa

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Agree on career mode - there is just no substance to it. That is why I said they should just scrap it for now, these small updates are not going to fix it - it needs a complete overhaul

The core gameplay is indeed headed in the right direction - it is immersive for sure and really do enjoy the game from that perspective
If its scrapped then I would want a refund as that's the only mode I play. You have the option not to play, why remove my option to play?
Post automatically merged:

Completely agree on this. I started a career mode last week and after a season I'm honestly bored already with the lack of progression. What I'd love to see instead is expanded county squads and you start as an 18yo playing 2nd xi cricket, maybe drip fed into certain comps etc instead of pointless club cricket against Ruturaj McCafferty, Nigel Tendulkar et all.

Conversely though, I've just started an England tour to India and the first test has genuinely been the most difficult and engaging cricket gaming experience I think I've ever had.
That is a great idea

Users who are viewing this thread