Cricket 24 - General Discussion

caprikaps

Club Captain
The game is still on a 2021 database, complete copy/paste job from Cricket 22.
That’s a shame, I believe the first update to new game over its predecessor should be the stats and rosters getting mapped bringing the newness to the game. I’ve posted this question on multiple platforms, but it seems to go unnoticed!

Wahldo

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thankfully the hotfix/last patch recovered my career mode, but I'm seeing keeper and bowler running away from the stumps when the ball comes in, again.

It definitely wasn't there with last week's patch.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Online gameplay is a dismay.

Games crashing

PS4 player can't see steam player hosting a match

Controller getting disconnected randomly

Save files not working

Terrible waste of time online game is.

Only if big ant could give us a save and continue option.

simoncameron

School Cricketer
My career mode player was apart of the players crashing after the last update. When the patch fixed the problem i found that the pitches had considerably dropped in quality. No more cracks and texture. They almost look like a pitches i saw when the game first came out. Has anyone else noticed this? I’m on ps4 btw

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
How do people play so many tests?! Do people sim parts, or just be a player, or completely devoted and play loads of hours
Behold the Short Test format :) 50 overs a day, 1 break per day, new ball at 40 overs (no idea why - I may change that). It's not for the purists, but my time is short too, and I enjoy the pitch changes introduced.

joeb86

Club Captain
Behold the Short Test format :) 50 overs a day, 1 break per day, new ball at 40 overs (no idea why - I may change that). It's not for the purists, but my time is short too, and I enjoy the pitch changes introduced.
I’d never actually thought about amending from 90 overs in a day…good idea. Might change to 60 and do a test World Cup (over the next 9 months)

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Why no one is highlighting the fact the AI can't play spin bowling effectively in shorter formats? They can't find gaps and score singles , it's dot dot dot single and a boundary and dot again to finish the over and as a spin bowler it is almost expected you to pick couple of wickets atleast in a t20 format in your 4 over spell with an economical spell as well.

and If you are playing T10 then AI won't score above 12 runs in your 2 overs ever and also you get to pick 1 or 2 wickets as well.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Why no one is highlighting the fact the AI can't play spin bowling effectively in shorter formats? They can't find gaps and score singles , it's dot dot dot single and a boundary and dot again to finish the over and as a spin bowler it is almost expected you to pick couple of wickets atleast in a t20 format in your 4 over spell with an economical spell as well.

and If you are playing T10 then AI won't score above 12 runs in your 2 overs ever and also you get to pick 1 or 2 wickets as well.
Bro stop repeating the same thing.. with off the bowling input and feedback and when play.. you will go for 40+ picking up 1 or 2 wickets in 4 overs

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Bro stop repeating the same thing.. with off the bowling input and feedback and when play.. you will go for 40+ picking up 1 or 2 wickets in 4 overs
I never actually look at the timing bars but use arcade pitch marker for spin bowling and AI is unable to score runs off me.

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Thankfully the hotfix/last patch recovered my career mode, but I'm seeing keeper and bowler running away from the stumps when the ball comes in, again.

It definitely wasn't there with last week's patch.
same keeps happening
Post automatically merged:

thats been an issue from day 1, obviously its too tough to fix for BA.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I would want stamina to play more role in differentiating long format bowlers and short and shortest format bowlers with pace decreasing too much if your stamina rating is low ,it would be great to have this feature in career mode with format specific bowlers ,

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
So we're in the final weeks of 2023 and there's nothing on the error with creating/sharing bats to the academy.

Cricket 22 has these (and more variety than 24) shared with no problems. It's beyond poor.

(Can we all agree the default bat texture is horrible as well, and I'd love to see all modern bats on one of the licensed textures)

Attachments

• PXL_20231222_124231111.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231222_124231111.MP.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20231222_124115178.MP~2.jpg
    PXL_20231222_124115178.MP~2.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 11

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How is career mode now ? Improved after the lastest patches ?? I haven't played for almost 6 weeks. Worth spending time this weekend??

Wahldo

Club Captain
How is career mode now ? Improved after the lastest patches ?? I haven't played for almost 6 weeks. Worth spending time this weekend??
I play it exclusively. The full range of shots through the off-side is still not there (square-drive) and the bowler/keeper run away from the stumps when a throw comes in from the outfield. Besides those issues, I find the gameplay more rewarding.

Users who are viewing this thread