Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I love the fact you can lose your wicket by not playing the defensive shot correctly there was a time where you could just block every ball but I’ve been beaten by spin and pace by not executing it properly, there are times when I’m happy to lose my wicket when it looks so good

What batting settings do you have it on mate?

I had this yesterday against Salman with Smith ball was more flighted I went to early and missed it.

PJ13

Club Captain
vs AI, online is still a mess regarding fielding and shot choice, now the infielder stop chasing when the balls goes past him and the outfielder must then chase a longer disatnce to get the ball... was this the only way to get us to be able to run 2 runs to the outfield?

Also the leg glance has been nerfed, if you the ball aint very much on your pads (when standing still) the leg glance shot becomes an attempted pull shot and you miss the ball, looks very weird ;)
I thought that was a new thing. It gets very annoying at times.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
What batting settings do you have it on mate?

I had this yesterday against Salman with Smith ball was more flighted I went to early and missed it.
Not sure it’s on hard but think I altered a couple of the timing sliders I’ll check when on tonight I’m having to play the left stick in the exact direction the ball is to block it properly which I never had to do before the one where Lyon got me I played a straight defensive shot and he pitched it just outside off and it spun around me and clipped top of off looked so good, with the pace bowlers if I play it too late i end up in all kinds of trouble where as before again it didn’t really seem to matter had a defensive shot edged which I hardly ever see to first slip because I played it way too late

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Not sure it’s on hard but think I altered a couple of the timing sliders I’ll check when on tonight I’m having to play the left stick in the exact direction the ball is to block it properly which I never had to do before the one where Lyon got me I played a straight defensive shot and he pitched it just outside off and it spun around me and clipped top of off looked so good, with the pace bowlers if I play it too late i end up in all kinds of trouble where as before again it didn’t really seem to matter had a defensive shot edged which I hardly ever see to first slip because I played it way too late
Defense against spin is working properly?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Defense against spin is working properly?
Works fine for me only time I’ve felt it a bit buggy is broadcast camera batting sometimes has a mind of its own but I think it’s great you constantly have to be alert where in C22 I could just block with no direction or anything and it would block it

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have never had a top edge that went straight up to be caught by the keeper, in C24. Maybe once in C19.

All top edges go for four or six directly behind the keeper.

Same. It's that or the batsmen will under edge the pull shot and it bounces between the batsman and the stumps and somehow that bounce carries over the keeper for 4 - very tennis-bally.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Spin still overpowered?
Yep seems like it is impossible for BAS to fix that.

It’s a guaranteed victory in T20s and T10 if you have 4 spinners in the XI , Ai can’t even play part time spinners as well.
It’s a sure 8 wickets between them every time you bowl with 4 spinners and not going above 5 Rpo as well.

Tried tinkering with sliders and everything , the only encounter is to have wicket chances slider to 10 and put the striker timing to 100 and run rate to 80 , AI still getting beaten once per over but smashing the spinners without losing the wicket but pacers are getting murdered on these settings

They really need to break down the wicket and chances sliders in to following.

Chances/beaten by spin slider
Chances/beaten by pace slider
Wickets falling due to spin slider
Wickets falling due to pace slider

If we have this control then it will solve all the bad AI issues

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread