Cricket 24 - General Discussion

joeb86

Club Captain
From the screenshots I’ve seen on “X”, the player faces outside of Babar and stadia look great. Excited to try for myself when on ps5

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
From the screenshots I’ve seen on “X”, the player faces outside of Babar and stadia look great. Excited to try for myself when on ps5
Babar doesnt look that bad in the game, not sure why people are upset.

image (7).png
Post automatically merged:

The four new Pakistani Stadiums

GEI2r1WWQAAat6i.jpegGEI2SGKXEAAO9ja.jpegGEI19OcWwAAvFRw.jpegGEI24LLW4AAVq_Y.jpeg

PS - The unnamed second last stadium is the Old Lahore Stadium and as the name suggests, looks quite old.

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

View attachment 289508

View attachment 289509View attachment 289510View attachment 289511View attachment 289512
Beautiful stadiums hopefully it will reignite my interest and get a tour of Pakistan loaded up I got fed up after spending hours re-skilling all the players thinking why should I have to do this when all the ratings were way way too high plus the academy is all over the shop with county players rated near on world class when downloaded even though in C22 they were fine

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

View attachment 289508

View attachment 289509View attachment 289510View attachment 289511View attachment 289512

PS - The unnamed second last stadium is the Old Lahore Stadium and as the name suggests, looks quite old.
The face looks fine. But, Babar's hair sweeps the opposite direction.

0/10

Edit- his forehead does look a lot larger. I assume that's a problem with putting a stock hairstyle on.

1705596448424.png

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Beautiful stadiums hopefully it will reignite my interest and get a tour of Pakistan loaded up I got fed up after spending hours re-skilling all the players thinking why should I have to do this when all the ratings were way way too high plus the academy is all over the shop with county players rated near on world class when downloaded even though in C22 they were fine
Yea the ratings were a bit messy for most licensed players. Had to change most of them.
I don't know but the feeling and vibe of playing in English and Australian stadiums are unmatched in these games. The Indian, Pak and other stadiums don't come close - just like in real life

caprikaps

Club Captain
Yea the ratings were a bit messy for most licensed players. Had to change most of them.
I don't know but the feeling and vibe of playing in English and Australian stadiums are unmatched in these games. The Indian, Pak and other stadiums don't come close - just like in real life
Yeah the grass texture is just not right how the subcontinent grounds are. it looks like they’ve just made the structure similar and implemented English grass on that plus the sponsor hoardings are missing which takes away that feel. WI grounds are far better than Indian and pak grounds. It could be because they were done in the past and got a lot of time investment to get them accurate!

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Well the main reason is hardly anyone notices and reports such things that lacks in the game and unless its like bombarded with lot of posts BA wont see the need to prioritise as they already have loads of things to prioritise with the kind of release they do(which wont change in the future). I wanted this in the game for sure but when not many bother to see the lack of fine edges down leg, pull shot gloved to WK or top edge caught by WK or slips with ball going high in the air, it doesnt make it into the game as its always a case of what might break if we get one thing right in BA games. Its like a mystery box of bugs that pops up with so many layers to the game.

Even the instance where @Rahul_Rants mentioned about top edge going high, it probably might happen like ball hitting the bat then the body and lobbying up in the air. Top edge just from the bat going high in the air just isnt there. The output you get is pretty much limited to top edge for boundary, under edge to WK on bounce, chop on the the stumps while pulling.

I have had bouncers being gloved and caught behind, both from getting higher than the batsman expected, and from line (eg. rank ball down leg). However actual edges.... Usually fly for 4. There are the odd few that drag onto the stumps, or catch the arm/shoulder/helmet and get caught anywhere from bowler-cover-gully-keeper-short fine leg etc etc.. But I can only recall 1 legit top edged bouncer flying straight up and being taken (I did even check the replay to confirm it was only bat involved.) and that would've been early-doors version-wise.

nawaz1996

School Cricketer
I have had bouncers being gloved and caught behind, both from getting higher than the batsman expected, and from line (eg. rank ball down leg). However actual edges.... Usually fly for 4. There are the odd few that drag onto the stumps, or catch the arm/shoulder/helmet and get caught anywhere from bowler-cover-gully-keeper-short fine leg etc etc.. But I can only recall 1 legit top edged bouncer flying straight up and being taken (I did even check the replay to confirm it was only bat involved.) and that would've been early-doors version-wise.
True, the excitement the game created in the early version with shot types, dismissal types and the visual ball speed(which isn’t that smooth now) was amazing. They should have worked with that rather than just bringing back the edited and licensed version of C22 to solve the bugs!

nzgamer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand

PJ13

Club Captain
Again no mention of fixing special shots like sweep which is frustrating as this issue was not there 2 patches ago and aerial shots played over point ( i think BA don’t see this as a bug or may be they haven’t rcvd enough evidence)
What's wrong with the sweep shot?

Users who are viewing this thread