Cricket 24 - General Discussion

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Newish to the game… so it never rains?
It's always super sunny weather even after you have choosen Spring/Reduced in pregame settings ( absolutely no use). Lords welcome you with sunny always.

Karachi

Associate Captain
Are you guys on the crap controls? Spin is pretty playable on classic.
I was playing with classic controls initially. But then decided to give new controls a try. Trial has gone too long and I think I am at the point in the game and at an age where it is difficult to go back. I am lazy. Unwilling to train my brain again on classic controls.

Hester

County Cricketer
I was playing with classic controls initially. But then decided to give new controls a try. Trial has gone too long and I think I am at the point in the game and at an age where it is difficult to go back. I am lazy. Unwilling to train my brain again on classic controls.
I tried classic controls for the 1st time the other day and it felt like I'd had a stroke.
Went back to arcade.

Wahldo

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I tried classic controls for the 1st time the other day and it felt like I'd had a stroke.
Went back to arcade.
I've been using the classic controls from DB days as it gives a more realistic experience. Instead of watching gauges on screen you look at the jump and release. That being said, I can completely understand that it would feel alien trying it for the first time.

Last edited:

Mrp

Club Captain
Got a 680mb update this morning.... Steam build number: 2999 - any change notes any where ?

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
2999 was the last patch on Steam. It's the one where they fixed Babar

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have been struggling with batting. I turned length indicator upto 100 but i still can't see it quickly enough. I also had to turn on the pitch market but it shows up too late to make any impact. I am 44 so my reflexes are slow. I want batting to be a challenge but I want to see a little early where ball will be pitched and what lenght will be. Length indicator only shows length and not the line. It does show both rarely. Can anyone help here?

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
A
I've been asking for this for so long. Can we have an update on the crowd sounds please. The sounds in his game are very neglected.

I have been struggling with batting. I turned length indicator upto 100 but i still can't see it quickly enough. I also had to turn on the pitch market but it shows up too late to make any impact. I am 44 so my reflexes are slow. I want batting to be a challenge but I want to see a little early where ball will be pitched and what lenght will be. Length indicator only shows length and not the line. It does show both rarely. Can anyone help here?
Batting should be challenging and rewarding tbh. Use pitch marker along with Ball marker until you learn it properly

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
When you say you've turned up the indicator to 100 do you mean the display time? If that's the case, the lower that is the earlier it will be.

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
When you say you've turned up the indicator to 100 do you mean the display time? If that's the case, the lower that is the earlier it will be.
That's actually incorrect. Ball marker display time only controls how early and longer the circle appears on the ball. Increasing it to 100 makes it appear early even when the ball is in the hand of the bowler (before the jump), while decreasing it to 0 will make it so that the circle doesn't appear at all until the bowl is delivered and is traveling. Images attached with slider at 0 and at 100.

Attachments

• Screenshot (459).png
    Screenshot (459).png
    2.3 MB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot (457).png
    Screenshot (457).png
    2.1 MB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread