Cricket 24 - General Discussion

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
1712047947990.png

If you have issues timing the ball, try keeping this value at 100.

Last edited:

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I use custom sliders only and i cannot adjust the pitch marker time like before and that is the problem we are asking to fix. They can keep the current hard mode as it is but give the option to increase the pitch marker visible time like before atleast in the custom settings.
I received a response from Bug Ant Support and they say this ball marker change was intended ! It has completely ruined game for me , any difficulty level is now pretty impossible as I have pitch marker set to one colour only and reaction time is too quick for me , stopped playing after so many hours invested……

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I received a response from Bug Ant Support and they say this ball marker change was intended ! It has completely ruined game for me , any difficulty level is now pretty impossible as I have pitch marker set to one colour only and reaction time is too quick for me , stopped playing after so many hours invested……
Reduce the difficulty man to hard and even come down to medium, why are you asking for easy level, hard should've still hard to hit the ball

Ricky14

County Cricketer
I just played the game for merely 10 minutes and quit..

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Maybe it should be added as a slider?

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Reduce the difficulty man to hard and even come down to medium, why are you asking for easy level, hard should've still hard to hit the ball
I have done , I have tried all slider adjustments, it is the mechanics of the change , visually different , easy was still too difficult for me and I have played on hardest for many months , I will try some default settings when I can be bothered , and maybe bring back in the different pitch length colours I got rid of , all very dull

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Please try to understand. We are not asking to change anything in the difficulty. Just asking to give option like before so that we can adjust in custom slider. Your hard and hardest can still remain same.
I use to play with display time 10 and only with pitch marker and without any other markers. If only pitch marker is used without bowling ball marker or other markers it is now difficult to pick short pitch deleveries even when value is set to 100. Not sure if you are using other markers as well but for me and others who are reporting issue are only using pitch marker in broadcast camera and its difficult to pick the short balls now. We have to premeditate the shots which we dont like it.

Also we are not asking to change the difficulty level. Let hard be like this only. Just give option to increase further in custom sliders for people like us who play only with pitch marker and having difficulty picking balls after the patch. Its really a game breaker for us

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I don't know what people are complaining about. I have loved the changes that they have made. It feels more like a simulation than an arcade. You don't always edge the ball when you have played early or late. The speed of the delivery matters on how it would go off the bat. Batting against spin has improved, defence is better. Am I missing anything? I don't usually side with Big Ant, but I have really liked the changes that they have made.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
A few more changes that I have liked
- Better animations when AI gets bowled
- Lots of catches within the 30-yard circle
- Edges (which I thought disappeared) happen less often but look very natural
- Better AI fielding and bowler selection

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
What markers do you use

I don't know what people are complaining about. I have loved the changes that they have made. It feels more like a simulation than an arcade. You don't always edge the ball when you have played early or late. The speed of the delivery matters on how it would go off the bat. Batting against spin has improved, defence is better. Am I missing anything? I don't usually side with Big Ant, but I have really liked the changes that they have made.
From your videos i can see you are using pitch marker alone and you are using standard controls. Can you try to use classic controls and play a t20 and share your feedback? I am not against your feedback but just asking to understand our issue as well.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
From your videos i can see you are using pitch marker alone and you are using standard controls. Can you try to use classic controls and play a t20 and share your feedback? I am not against your feedback but just asking to understand our issue as well.
I understand I used to play on classic controls before. I can't even imagine playing on classic controls with that marker.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
I understand I used to play on classic controls before. I can't even imagine playing on classic controls with that marker.
Yes thats the issue we are mainly complaining about. I am a hardcore player who plays decent cricket(not trying to hit 6 for everyball) and use to play with displaytime sometimes at 6 in test matches. But now struggling with 100 as well.
Hope they give option for players like us atleast in custom sliders by still keeping the default difiiculties as it is.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
A few more changes that I have liked
- Better animations when AI gets bowled
- Lots of catches within the 30-yard circle
- Edges (which I thought disappeared) happen less often but look very natural
- Better AI fielding and bowler selection

You have just imagined changes that haven't occurred. Which is also a common theme on these forums.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
One change that would be lovely is during those pointless DRS discussion cutscenes, you actually get feedback on if it's worth reviewing or not?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
One change that would be lovely is during those pointless DRS discussion cutscenes, you actually get feedback on if it's worth reviewing or not?

Pretty sure that used to be a thing. But I have always wanted some in audible edges as well. That you would have to go off a gut feeling/look.

Users who are viewing this thread

• USA