Cricket 24 - General Discussion

The amount of effort BA puts into anti-piracy measures to then brag about on Twitter is so odd.

Good job this thread hasn't passed 750 pages mostly of folk complaining about stuff that doesn't work properly in the actual game.

And I don't even own the game to be annoyed about it haha
People are just tired of complaining anyway. The issues have been there since the previous iterations as well. If they wanted to fix it, they would have. Seriously what difference have we seen in terms of Gameplay since Ashes 17. There isn't anything new. It is just game after game. Licenses are good only when the game is good. Even with the licenses, we have players with the same player models and batting styles, so that's useless.

The amount of effort BA puts into anti-piracy measures to then brag about on Twitter is so odd.

Good job this thread hasn't passed 750 pages mostly of folk complaining about stuff that doesn't work properly in the actual game.

And I don't even own the game to be annoyed about it haha
Without justifying piracy, it's clear a strategy of lower quality releases at increased price on PC hasn't managed to squash the problem. They've even locked the academy behind a pay wall for creators!

People are just tired of complaining anyway. The issues have been there since the previous iterations as well. If they wanted to fix it, they would have. Seriously what difference have we seen in terms of Gameplay since Ashes 17. There isn't anything new. It is just game after game. Licenses are good only when the game is good. Even with the licenses, we have players with the same player models and batting styles, so that's useless.
The licenses aren't even good because they mess up so many things with licenced players and teams that you can't change.
They need to do the same as SDS does with The Show.

So, rain missing from a cricket game is a design choice.

Pathetic.
Ubisoft: Arrows were removed from Assassins Creed for historical accuracy

BA: Hold my beer

I think they call it a cricket simulation if I am not wrong. It is everything but a cricket simulation imo. Even the arcade games like Cricket 07 had rain interruption. It adds the realism and comes a situation where you need to make decisions based on that. DLS is more important than a rotating pitch!!

And need proper overcast condition and not turning on floodlights then it feels like playing a day night match..View attachment 294719
I don't know if the developers changed after cricket 19 because their cricket games have lost its quality which it used to have. I haven't tried their other games but Cricket 22 and Cricket 24 should have been a lot better experience than what they really offered. The overall presentation of Cricket 19 and the state of its release was pretty commendable from a then small studio. I don't know if it is a personnel change or the Nacon acquisition, but something went terribly wrong at BA in the last few years.

I don't know if the developers changed after cricket 19 because their cricket games have lost its quality which it used to have. I haven't tried their other games but Cricket 22 and Cricket 24 should have been a lot better experience than what they really offered. The overall presentation of Cricket 19 and the state of its release was pretty commendable from a then small studio. I don't know if it is a personnel change or the Nacon acquisition, but something went terribly wrong at BA in the last few years.
They got a huge budget and free reign to chase licenses.

The IPL Patch which is expected to update the player likeliness is not out yet and the League itself is finished.. Pathetic to say the least

Creating a DL method and rain animation/ cutscene interruptions would need more effort one can understand but why a relatively simpler thing like a cloudy/ overcast sky is missing in the game is unfathomable. Yet we have 'sky' option in graphic setting. As mentioned above, the overcast sky is an integral part of english condition. I guess the cloudy sky was present in a game far back in BrianLara99. Now in 2024 we don't have it :thinking:.

Last edited:
To be fair, we don't have anything new to discuss or complain about in the game so I suppose the lads have to recycle old topics.

At this stage only the pirates seem to get new features in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread