Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

Problem with adding bowling training is they have to include the AI on it for the batsmen to play shots. Unless of course they let two players play.

Anyone tried to attach two controllers at the same time and see if something magical happens?

oh well! but if they could randomise the bowling type then it would make batting a whole lot fun and harder :D

oh well! but if they could randomise the bowling type then it would make batting a whole lot fun and harder
That wouldn't be too fun for me to be honest. I would become very annoyed at waiting for a spinners delivery and then getting clean bowled or hit in the head.

That wouldn't be too fun for me to be honest. I would become very annoyed at waiting for a spinners delivery and then getting clean bowled or hit in the head.

why would spinner be bowling? the idea is that we choose a fast bowler and then the bowler bowls different types of deliveries and if you want a spinner then the spinner would bowl different types of delivery. only the delivery type is randomised not the type of bowler

You said bowling type, not delivery type. How am I supposed to guess what you actually meant? The delivery type is already randomised. Do you mean including in swing or out swing as random? That wouldn't be a bad idea.

Ross, Mike, HBK and rest of the team, first of all, awesome batting mechanics in the nets. The closest to real life batting in a videogame.

What I love:
*Graphics.
*The need to move towards the ball.
*All animations, esp. forward defence(on the middle stump and off stump), cover drive, straight drive, pull shot, leg glance(woah best ever including the flick off the hips on front foot to a short delivery).
*The fact that front foot and doesn't just mean bend down and upright but actually scales with the ball being short or full.

What I would like to see improved:
*Square Cut seems too hard to play(maybe its just me so some tips?)
*Advance down the wicket doesn't have defence option. That leads me ask does that modifier play only lofted shots?
*Fast isn't fast enough. Its actually Fast medium now. Medium is too slow.
*The drift in the spin is killing me. I'm misjudging the line 8/10 times when I turn off all markers where in for seam I get it right almost all the time.
*Add a extra level of difficulty maybe cause it would be better if there is even more less assistance with connecting with the ball.
*Camera: IMO the far camera and pro are the best in different ways but I would prefer a cross between the close and the far, is it the in the main game? Cause I feel I'm judging the ball too late because Im far away but the close one has no height so its almost impossible to judge the length without the hud. Somewhere midway in height and distance would be perfect IMO.
*(For next iteration maybe?)Upright defence to a yorker ball. Like digging it out.

That said. AMAZING it is. FUN it is. I am willing to put in hours to increase my streak and get heavily disappointed when I miss a ball. That would only escalate exponentially when the streak becomes runs and all the pressures that follow.
Thank You BIGANT.:)

Last edited:
You said bowling type, not delivery type. How am I supposed to guess what you actually meant? The delivery type is already randomised. Do you mean including in swing or out swing as random? That wouldn't be a bad idea.

yeap! thats exactly what i meant! batting in nets will be alot more fun

found a small bug

as a left hand batsman he ran though the nets to the right after player a shot :)

One criticism, The new filter that has been applied on players' faces....i hate it. Everyone looks really weird.

One criticism, The new filter that has been applied on players' faces....i hate it. Everyone looks really weird.

It's certainly a significant change. Check that your player textures are set as High in the settings menu.

The major difference is a change in lighting - makes the age and red cheeks stand out more. I personally love it, will be interesting to see how it transfers to actual gameplay though.

Yes, Looks slightly better after player details set to low. Still, i preferred the old look.

A suggestion, during the loading screen before Nets, having a "Press A to start" after loading finishes will be nice, as i wanted to read the loading screen. :p it loads in 3 seconds for me.

Apology.

Whats the use of buying DBC 14 when thousands of us cant download Cricket Academy.I have a new computer,what a joke,why are you not prepared,you are not very professional.I cant believe I am even wasting my time over this game.

First I want to apologise for calling your company unprofessional,yesterday I downloaded your latest cricket academy and to my surprise it worked. I tried to get 99c so many times to load but to no avail,my computer was capable but there were no answers that helped and I tried everything.
But with your latest download no problem.As a matter of fact the academy and nets are fantastic.I wish you good luck in your endevours.:thumbs:wave

A suggestion, during the loading screen before Nets, having a "Press A to start" after loading finishes will be nice, as i wanted to read the loading screen. :p it loads in 3 seconds for me.
In the full game there'll be a dedicated section for you to read all that stuff. :D

The consoles load slower, it's been ported from there where you do have time to read it. Good idea though.

Thanks ross batting in nets was fabulous !:cheers
In next update , can we create tournament with more than 20 teams , i feel it would b more interesting playing such huge competition

Users who are viewing this thread