Cricket Academy Problems

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can we get more specifics on the analog sticks and how they should be used?

I get left analog stick is for feet and right analog stick is for shot selection... but for me I am just bewildered right now. Is it just up/down for front/back foot on the left analog stick? Or is there more to it

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Can we get more specifics on the analog sticks and how they should be used?

I get left analog stick is for feet and right analog stick is for shot selection... but for me I am just bewildered right now.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. I'm able to hit it sometimes, and sometimes it even goes where I want it to go, but it's mostly a bit of hit and miss (no pun intended) so far really.

Why does Don insist on trying to hit it behind him on the leg side, even if I want him to do exactly the opposite? :(

Last edited:

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I think I sort of figured out a trigger movement...

If you move to the right as the ball is about to come, then I think it helps time the ball? Idk

----------

The biggest problem in pro mode is that there is no way to know where your offstump is accurately.

I cannot believe I have ever had to say that about a cricket game.

sobti

School Cricketer
I would suggest try with "SHORT LENGTH" balls first and just defend by holding "RT/R2", best is when you play a defensive shot to ball on off stump, so real in look and I think easiest of all..once you get hang of it then move to ground shots..mostly for defense you need to keep left stick upwards..towards north

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm getting the NSIS error. I've downloaded it twice now.

Oscar

Club Cricketer
The question i am about to ask is probably the worst question of the century but what is/are triggers

Trigger do nothing according to the Control map.

----------

For those having trouble with the stick placement of shots....

I thought to myself after a few shots "I didn't hit it there!!!" Then I decided to actually look at the stick location after a shot, and I did indeed have it at that angle. The stick mechanism has what would seem to be hundreds of intricate angles. Looks like repetition wont be as obvious.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Trigger do nothing according to the Control map.
Yes they do, they control aggressive/defensive shot making.

Triggers are the buttons on the top-back of a controller, L2/R2 on PS3, RT/LT on the 360.

Oscar

Club Cricketer
Yes they do, they control aggressive/defensive shot making.

Triggers are the buttons on the top-back of a controller, L2/R2 on PS3, RT/LT on the 360.

My bad... on my controller they are more of a bumper to me. Just realised I don't have a trigger as such on this logitec F310.

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sometimes we do forget that the tutorial isn't in this aspect of the game.

So for those that need it, here's some help.

Anything north of the equator of the Left Stick (that is anything on top half) is your Front Foot placement. From the perspective of a right hander, that means that up and right (in a diagonal angle) would be moving your player to the front and right. Up and left (on a diagonal angle), will be front and left.

Same thing goes for back foot, anything south of the equator (bottom half of stick) is your back foot movement. Back and left will move you back and left. I think you'll start to see what I'm getting at now. Basically, the angle and direction of the left stick will move your player in that angle and direction. For pull shots you will need to get on the back foot, otherwise you'll play around the ball, etc.

As for what is being perceived as 'not the shot I played'. On lower difficulties the foot placement is assisted for you. If you want full control, bump it up to Legend (Veteran and Pro have less assistance too), let it be know that you will need to get it very spot on though at that difficulty.

It's recommended to start on Amateur or Rookie and just get used to what the movement and positioning is like.

Also on those difficulties, if you take a look at the ball marker (the circle around the ball) you will see it flash white for a split second. This indicates perfect timing. That will not be there on the higher difficulties though, meaning you need to know your timing to get it in the ideal range.

Hope that helps. :)

----------

Oh and I'll also add a couple of other things I forgot.

The colours around the ball indicate where the ball is pitching.

Yellow = Full
Red = Short
Green = Good

The ball marker will also have a gap depending on which line it's pitching, a gap to the left of the ball means it's pitching right, a gap to the right, means it's pitching left. No gap means it's on middle stump.

As for the triggers, they do indeed work. Although it's not really the best showing of them in the nets as they don't do the damage they might on the real grounds. ;) But yes, L2/LT is an aggressive shot, which means the ball will generally be more lofted. R2/RT is a defensive shot. R2/RT+L2/LT is an aggressive grounded shot meaning the ball will be hit hard along the ground.

L1/LB is your unorthodox shots, like the scoop, sweep, etc. And R1/RB is the advance down the pitch, which is best used against spinners imo.

Last edited:

Skippos

School Cricketer
my modem will just not let me download this. try clicking ignore and all that but the inbuilt norton security in the modem just bans me. Any way of avoiding that?

Just says it's malicious and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread