Cricket Academy Problems

Oscar

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
The ball marker will also have a gap depending on which line it's pitching, a gap to the left of the ball means it's pitching right, a gap to the right, means it's pitching left. No gap means it's on middle stump.

Hi HBK... just clarify this for me please.

A gap to the left means its pitching right? A gap to the right means its pitching left. From whos perspective? the Batter or bowler??

Sorry Confused.

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
Sometimes we do forget that the tutorial isn't in this aspect of the game.

So for those that need it, here's some help.

Anything north of the equator of the Left Stick (that is anything on top half) is your Front Foot placement. From the perspective of a right hander, that means that up and right (in a diagonal angle) would be moving your player to the front and right. Up and left (on a diagonal angle), will be front and left.

Same thing goes for back foot, anything south of the equator (bottom half of stick) is your back foot movement. Back and left will move you back and left. I think you'll start to see what I'm getting at now. Basically, the angle and direction of the left stick will move your player in that angle and direction. For pull shots you will need to get on the back foot, otherwise you'll play around the ball, etc.

As for what is being perceived as 'not the shot I played'. On lower difficulties the foot placement is assisted for you. If you want full control, bump it up to Legend (Veteran and Pro have less assistance too), let it be know that you will need to get it very spot on though at that difficulty.

It's recommended to start on Amateur or Rookie and just get used to what the movement and positioning is like.

Also on those difficulties, if you take a look at the ball marker (the circle around the ball) you will see it flash white for a split second. This indicates perfect timing. That will not be there on the higher difficulties though, meaning you need to know your timing to get it in the ideal range.

Hope that helps.
Thanks for sharing it.
So there will be no tutorial as such in the final game as well, right?

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi HBK... just clarify this for me please.

A gap to the left means its pitching right? A gap to the right means its pitching left. From whos perspective? the Batter or bowler??

Sorry Confused.
For the sake of nets practice, batter.
Thanks for sharing it.
So there will be no tutorial as such in the final game as well, right?
There is a full tutorial in the final game in Match Practice. :)

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
As for what is being perceived as 'not the shot I played'. On lower difficulties the foot placement is assisted for you. If you want full control, bump it up to Legend (Veteran and Pro have less assistance too), let it be know that you will need to get it very spot on though at that difficulty.

THIS is what I needed to know! I put it up to Legend as suggested and instantly I feel that I've got the control I was expecting to have before. I still can't hit it every time, but I'm much happier that being because I've not go my shot quite right than having the computer overruling what I was intending. Great stuff - I can really start getting into this now! :yes

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Hbk, do i need my trigger buttons to be analog to get more control on power?

Edit: saw you answering somewhere else. So nevermind. They need to be analog. Thought so.

More people need to be aware of that as most cheap controllers have digital triggers.

Last edited:

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hbk, do i need my trigger buttons to be analog to get more control on power?

Edit: saw you answering somewhere else. So nevermind. They need to be analog. Thought so.

More people need to be aware of that as most cheap controllers have digital triggers.
Yeah, unfortunately the cheap controllers will generally use the digital inputs. We have some of the cheapies at the office and I steer WELL clear of them!:lol

You just can't get the same level of fidelity with them from a development point of view. Instead of 100 levels of pressure sensitivity (as a non-real example) you just go from 1 to 100 with no in between.

That said, it won't change your overall ability to play the game. It'll just change your ability to add more or less power to the shot being played off the triggers.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Yeah, unfortunately the cheap controllers will generally use the digital inputs. We have some of the cheapies at the office and I steer WELL clear of them!:lol

You just can't get the same level of fidelity with them from a development point of view. Instead of 100 levels of pressure sensitivity (as a non-real example) you just go from 1 to 100 with no in between.

That said, it won't change your overall ability to play the game. It'll just change your ability to add more or less power to the shot being played off the triggers.

Yeah true. But It is a big issue for me though. I have always wanted to control shot power in cricket games. Wanted to play a shot down the ground with little power to get me 2 runs rather than a single, or a chip over the infield but not enough power that it reaches the guy at the boundary. I am hoping these shots will be playable in the game. Can't wait to play it tonight after work

Super Cricketer

Club Cricketer
What min. processor is actually required to play this game with 1 GB good dedicated graphics and 8 gigs of Ram.Is i3 2nd Gen is enough?

Last edited:

Fe98

County Cricketer
I clicked on "Graphics Options" and it quit to desktop. First problem I've had with any version.

Same with me, on Windows 8. Yet when I tried on Windows 7 (both 64-bit) it worked fine!

Tried updating drivers, etc on W8, but to no avail.

Users who are viewing this thread