Cricket Academy questions

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
There is a manual appeal system - appeals must be raised for some decisions or the umpire will not give the wicket.

Suppose for a lbw appeal, the ball hits the pads, would we have only little time to press the appeal button ( eg. time till bowler completes his follow through) ? Or infact just at the instant when the ball has hit the pads?

Because obviously it wont look good in the game if the bowler appeals 3-4 sec after the ball has hit the pads.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned
Suppose for a lbw appeal, the ball hits the pads, would we have only little time to press the appeal button ( eg. time till bowler completes his follow through) ? Or infact just at the instant when the ball has hit the pads?

Because obviously it wont look good in the game if the bowler appeals 3-4 sec after the ball has hit the pads.

I think it would depend on when you press the button. The timing window would very well be between the ball completing the action (for e.g. hitting the pad, taking the edge, going past the outside edge, or even hitting the bat :p) and the bowler completing the follow through.

I hope sometime in future we even get a manual button to sledge the batsman. It can be made strategic as well by adding a risk-reward to it. If after sledging the batsman he hits the ball with perfect timing then my confidence/momentum decreases a bit, but if he fails to time it then my confidence goes up. It can be chained together as well, with successive successful sledge wins, confidence goes higher/lower at a higher rate.

I also like an idea where if the batsman is under pressure, the controller starts to vibrate.....thus increasing the feeling of tension (like what happens during the crucial penalty shots in Fifa) :)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The control vibrates if there is a nick (hide that from your opponent! :) )

If you appeal to much the umpire will get annoyed and is less likely to see things your way.

In terms of DRS, for the first time in a long time I will have to check with the team on what we did.

----------

I hope sometime in future we even get a manual button to sledge the batsman.

Nice idea, I like it - but there is no sledging :)

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Ross. That's it. You are fooling us, aren't you? That's absolutely unreal, or rather unheard of in a cricket game.
Out of nowhere, having played none of your games, having known about you for just over a couple of months, you & BigAnt Studios have become one of my favourite game developers. :)

angad

Chairman of Consent
Ross. That's it. You are fooling us, aren't you? That's absolutely unreal, or rather unheard of in a cricket game.
Out of nowhere, having played none of your games, having known about you for just over a couple of months, you & BigAnt Studios have become one of my favourite game developers. :)

Haha... That was my first reaction as well... That Ross is just playing with us now...Big Ant is now my favourite too :)

sahilnatu

Club Captain
Haha... That was my first reaction as well... That Ross is just playing with us now...Big Ant is now my favourite too :)

No exaggeration here, but I actually go about my friends talking about Ross & BigAnt and that they are developing a cricket game, and telling them about all these features, and they think that I'm simply joking.

angad

Chairman of Consent
No exaggeration here, but I actually go about my friends talking about Ross & BigAnt and that they are developing a cricket game, and telling them about all these features, and they think that I'm simply joking.

That really sums it up. It's a big (and a highly deserved) compliment to BigAnt. They have really exceeded all expectations so far.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
On paper this game is in a league of it's own.:clap
Still like many, we will needs to see the game in action first.

The umpires sound great ross, if you get a inside edge into the pad
and the umpire gives us out. then the DRS would rock.

Some bad decisions here and there would be cool, how about rating
for umpires ross.:D

----------

That really sums it up. It's a big (and a highly deserved) compliment to BigAnt. They have really exceeded all expectations so far.

Never been a cricket game like this guys, will it play well ?:spy

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
There is a manual appeal system - appeals must be raised for some decisions or the umpire will not give the wicket.

So for obvious decisions it would be automatic...And imagine a bat-pad decision in test matches a manual appeal would be awesome thanks........:cheers:thumbs

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Does that apply to the whole team? I mean sometimes fielders appeal out of excitement even when the bowler doesn't.
And do we have leg side wk catches that are deflected from the bat of an almost wide down the legside ball?

Users who are viewing this thread