Cricket Academy Version 0.0.73 Discussion

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Played for about 2 hours, scored 194 as highest on Legend mode.

Not much bounce on the wicket and the bowler randomly does not bowl outside off stump too. Hope the second one is not an AI issue.

Shot power again seems quite low, especially for well timed shots.

No top edges or ball going up in the air for early slogs.

The backfoot leg glance animation could be improved in the next version. Looks like a poor skilled batsman playing the shot.
Those stuff should be expected off the final version and not a mini game which is made for having fun..

BTW for me the shot timings are positive for me as edges go the boundary, slogs go dependent on where it hits the bat...

What I might like in this mini version though is dummy fielders placed and us practicing to place in the gap, proper practice..

aabretz

Banned
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Those stuff should be expected off the final version and not a mini game which is made for having fun..

BTW for me the shot timings are positive for me as edges go the boundary, slogs go dependent on where it hits the bat...

What I might like in this mini version though is dummy fielders placed and us practicing to place in the gap, proper practice..
Kinda of like table top cricket bored game? now that be a cool mini game where the AI fielders act like table top cricket

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

The thread is meant to give feedback to improve the gameplay in general.

Even if it is a mini game, the gameplay should remain the same.

Have you read and understood the post? Backfoot leg glance point?

Anyways, over to Ross!

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The thread is meant to give feedback to improve the gameplay in general.

Even if it is a mini game, the gameplay should remain the same.

Have you read and understood the post? Backfoot leg glance point?

Anyways, over to Ross!
My point was that the gameplay could be discussed when AI comes into play..As far as I have played the bowling machine is nowhere close to what AI gives to the game..

And for that backfoot leg glance it would be helpful in you mentioning whats wrong and what would you suggest to make it better..Things like doesnt look good , looks like poor skilled player shot doesnt help..

And would like to know more as what you mean by shot power is reduced, feels right for me as the distance it travels it based on the impact on the bat, maybe I am missing something?

bestfriendh

Club Captain
Loving it so far. The ball follow cam is superb. I feel it should zoom in a bit more on the ball. Also for the high aerial hits, it still loses the ball i.e doesn't show the entire ball path.

One more observation is, even though a lot of well timed ground shots do make the boundary, I feel some of these really well timed shots should kinda race to the boundary, and not just reach it.

Again Great stuff Bigant, as always.

Dracos

County Cricketer
It would be nice to have an option to change the button to view the field. I don't know why they've suddenly moved it from LT to RT.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I think the power in the shots are perfectly right
i was able to hit some balls so sweetly that the ball raced away to the boundary
but i found two problems
1. cover drive = i think u can hit the ball to covers but only till a little left of mid off
u can't hit it to the left of extra cover or cover
2. square cut = u can play the square cut shot even on front foot and on yorkers or full tosses too
technically u can hit full tosses to the deep point region but then the animation has to be correct
currently the batsman does the animation of a square cut while hitting the yorker or full toss towards that region
and by square cut i mean playing with a closed face bat where the back side of the bat is up and front side ( from where we hit the ball ) is down
it should be the other way round while playing yorkers or full tosses
also when playing front foot square cut on short balls, the batsman just holds the bat at one point where the bat meets the ball and the ball still races to the boundary
animation should be to have a good swing of the bat whenever the ball races to the fence or timed well
i would really like BA to have a look at it in the coming updates and please fix that problem that gamingbittu said about inverted pad aways and leaves

sarkazm

Club Captain
Hi all.
Game just crashes - after last update it just went straight back to steam and after this update, just freezes!
Cheers.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
One issue I am facing is that while playing against spinner that over the head beamer is bowled which is impossible to connect and that resets the score to 0..

TByers_Cricket

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Liking the small improvements each and every week and the mini game was very addictive :) look forward to each friday to see what big ant have in store next :thumbs itching to play a match!

BRAB

International Coach
Have we discussed the "gameplay modifiers" tab yet?

Seems interesting

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
@BigAntStudios Unable to hit the ball towards extra cover...please check :) Thanks

465090_20160925201302_1.png

Users who are viewing this thread