Cricket Broadcasts 2013-14

troll3y

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Sri Lanka
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Legend! It's interesting to see how much cricket is accessible to the United States, while we here in Australia have to wait for the Eng-NZ series and Champions Trophy.

Where'd you get all this info?

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Thanks for that.

Now, I'm sure that no one cares(or so they say), but why the hell are all the videos/highlight packages of the IPL on the Indiatimes YouTube channel country restricted, do they like not know what they hold rights for or something? :rolleyes

Grtspinner9

School Cricketer
Legend! It's interesting to see how much cricket is accessible to the United States, while we here in Australia have to wait for the Eng-NZ series and Champions Trophy.

Where'd you get all this info?

I :spy on EPG's, Facebooks and word on the streets. I can only give credit to broadcasters official websites.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
But didn't it used to show live cricket at some point?(Channel 4 or 5, not sure)

Channel 4 - four - showed live cricket between 1999 and 2005. Since then all live cricket has been on Sky.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Channel 4 - four - showed live cricket between 1999 and 2005. Since then all live cricket has been on Sky.

Okay!!
But they do have a commentary team, don't they?
How possibly can that help, they are sitting for the whole day in the box, just to be heard in the highlights?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Okay!!
But they do have a commentary team, don't they?
How possibly can that help, they are sitting for the whole day in the box, just to be heard in the highlights?

Mark Nicholas presents the Channel 5 highlights, just like he did on Channel 4 when it was live. The commentators are usually people like Simon Hughes (the analyst), Michael Vaughan, Geoffrey Boycott and Nicholas himself. You're right in that they commentate and then only get heard in the highlights, but the difference is most of those commentators are also part of Test Match Special's live coverage on the radio over here, so if they are not on duty commentating for C5 they'll be doing live commentary on the radio instead.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Mark Nicholas presents the Channel 5 highlights, just like he did on Channel 4 when it was live. The commentators are usually people like Simon Hughes (the analyst), Michael Vaughan, Geoffrey Boycott and Nicholas himself. You're right in that they commentate and then only get heard in the highlights, but the difference is most of those commentators are also part of Test Match Special's live coverage on the radio over here, so if they are not on duty commentating for C5 they'll be doing live commentary on the radio instead.

Just the case I was wondering. IMO C5 had a good commentary team, better than Sky I would suggest, maybe I am being biased as it involves Geoff. Even presentation wise, the highlights looked much better as against any broadcaster.

troll3y

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Sri Lanka
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
actully in usa dish have 4 sports channels for cricket neo sports willow cricket ten cricket and zee sports. plus in us we have a box called shaava jadoo etc.
ah, that answers my first question. When I was in Canada last year, my uncle was showing me the dedicate (cable) cricket channel(s) they have there, but it looks like the USA has a lot more coverage especially of live series. If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying?

Users who are viewing this thread