Cricket Wishlist - Submit your ideas...

H0wZ4T!

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Few suggestions from JJ:

1) Let's say when a batsmen is hit with a delivery, he becomes injured, which means he either retires hurt OR he can have a runner. It would make the game a bit more interesting. *cough* KEVIN PIETERSEN *cough*

2) It's a long shot but a cricket management mode, getting Andrew Symonds to Canterbury... :mad

3) Some actual dropped catches please.

Originally Posted by Usy
how about after 15 overs drink break .. where some pepsi comes over and the players drink it ?? :P

This is bonkers but I like the idea. Imagine your doing a cricket story, you can update then. Maybe not Pepsi though. EA Powerade maybe?? ;)

liveplays.mobi

School Cricketer
this thread is really doing well; lot of ideas keep pouring in... waiting eagerly to develop a site on my own :)

SachinT

School Cricketer
ITS Horrible

There must be qualifying matches in WCups, The good teams crush :mad the newest teams :crying , This will pull down moral of new teams to enter in cricket. :boxing ITS HORRIBLE..... Put in there QUALIFYING MATCHES FOR WCUP

shefellover93

Club Cricketer
Ok, here's what i think on Cricket 07
(Some of this stuff is taken from the EA Forums)

1) Stadiums:
There MUST be a stadium for every international team. Playing as Ireland at 'home' in Cardiff is a complete joke. All the minnow teams should have a stadium in the misc. section. Plus, much more stadiums should be added in other areas. West Indies, South Africa ect.

2) Online mode:
That would be great. Playing with your country against another. It should have an option where you can save online matches and continue them (So you could play online modes) Plus it would be amazing to see a diary from an online game with two different perspectives. A speak system should be included so you can chat to others while playing, and rascist or cheats should bge barred from the system.

3) Commentary:
The commentary in Cricket 07 is a joke, and a number of changes should be made. There should be much much more than 2 commentators. There should be 6 or 7, I know it's a lot to ask but they should change around, thus improving the presentation aspect of the game.

Certain commentators should be used for cetain teams e.g Mark Nicholson should take the majority of the sessions in Australian games. Ian Bishop for the West Indies ect

They should ramble on about things and ask each other questions to fill the gap (like BLIC05) example
Michael Atherton: So Michael (Holding), do you think the overhead no ball rule has taken away the agressive nature of the bowlers
Muchael Holding: No Athers, I think that it hasn't taken away the agression, but I think the bowler must be able to control his agression much better now than in my time

Also what about a studio, at lunch breaks. Have analysis and models of pundits and all the things sky sports do in breaks (maybe even special reports)

4) Gameplay. I won't elaborate too much here because a good number of people have already touched on it.
a) Varius bowling and batting actions: So you can choose for your custom player what one you want. Plus, certain batsmen and bowlers should have unique style e.g Malinga the slinger action ect.
b) More lbw's: Enough said

5) Career Mode

This would tie in nicely with what I've said, you start off small, with only a certain amount of attribute points and cash, you have to buy a cheap bat and cheap pads as you start you career in a district team from England (NOT A COUNTY TEAM) or Pakitan or Australia ect. you play a season and if you're good enough, you make the county 2nd XI, if not, it's stay at the district team for more practice. You try and play you're way onto the county team, and with that more cash and better equipment. If you're really good you might go to another team, maybe one in your own country, maybe one abroad.
Then it's a shot at playing for your country, in my case it would be Ireland, I would try to win them test status, win the world cup and the intercontinental cup and go top of the one day and test rankings.
When you finish the game you get a bonus movie, maybe 5-10 mins long, with cricket highlights, when you win all of them (it should be on 5 levels for 5 stars) you get an extra bonus film of 30 mins long, profiling the cricket greats (and your player should be one of them) With videos of you character hitting sixes/taking wickets/taking catches (whatever the player is) you then unlock a bonus difficulty (like FIFA 08)

6) More tournaments: I think the IPL, ICL, Pakistani League, District Tournaments, Intercontinental Cup, and Stanford 20/20 should be put in

7) Team liscencing: I don't want to play against Gilfrist or whatever his name is in a normal test series that I create, liscence international teams, even small ones like Ireland and Holland

8) More liscencing of cricket gear: Bats was a great start but having leg guards, gloves, helmet , so on

9) Customization: I think that the create-a-player option has a lot to be desired for, generic bodies should be wiped out and you should be able to choose your height, weight ect. as i said about the career player, use could use a custom player in it. Also a create a team option would be great

10) Custom bowling actions - Be able to create you own players bowling action (like create a swing in TW) customize length of run up, how high he jumps in run up, weather his arm is fully extended or collapsed a little ect. ect - Then you can put in the attributes, plus a grip editor while in game so you actually change the grip on the ball instead of just selecting a stock delivery.

11) Custon Bat: I think this would be a cool, if small feature, being able to put your own graphics on it (On pc you should be able to import a picture from my pictures), be able to change the weight (it's not that hard) and create a couple, so you could use a slogger bat or a light bat in different situations.

12) Graphics: As with the gameplay this has been said a lot. So I'm not going to go into a rant
Better Faces and custom bodies really, plus better crowds. I could say more but it's been said already

13) Import your face: You could have an import a face feature on the game, so you could use a digital pic on the pc, or the eyetoy cameo maker on the ps2, xbox amera on xbox ect.

14) Referral: In the FP trophy EA should should put in a referral option

15) Appeal Button: An idea I saw on the EA forums. An appeal button so you can appeal when you think there's lbw, if you appeal for really stupid things the umpire won't give 50/50's to you, there should be a bar signaling the umpire's faith in your calls.

That's just about it :p

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Agree with all of them mate.
The commentary is a major problem for EA Games.
Career mode would be an amazing idea! Let's just hope EA can do it.

R.F.P.

School Cricketer
I would like to see a game where you throw rotten eggs and tomatos at Ricky Ponting!!! :p :)

Slowcoach

Panel of Selectors
The ability to slog every ball for six on the hardest level, and the ability to bowl any team out for under 100 on the hardest level just by bowling yorkers.

Eon

Club Cricketer

1) Stadiums:
There MUST be a stadium for every international team. Playing as Ireland at 'home' in Cardiff is a complete joke. All the minnow teams should have a stadium in the misc. section. Plus, much more stadiums should be added in other areas. West Indies, South Africa ect.

2) Online mode:
That would be great. Playing with your country against another. It should have an option where you can save online matches and continue them (So you could play online modes) Plus it would be amazing to see a diary from an online game with two different perspectives. A speak system should be included so you can chat to others while playing, and rascist or cheats should bge barred from the system.

3) Commentary:
The commentary in Cricket 07 is a joke, and a number of changes should be made. There should be much much more than 2 commentators. There should be 6 or 7, I know it's a lot to ask but they should change around, thus improving the presentation aspect of the game.

Certain commentators should be used for cetain teams e.g Mark Nicholson should take the majority of the sessions in Australian games. Ian Bishop for the West Indies ect

They should ramble on about things and ask each other questions to fill the gap (like BLIC05) example
Michael Atherton: So Michael (Holding), do you think the overhead no ball rule has taken away the agressive nature of the bowlers
Muchael Holding: No Athers, I think that it hasn't taken away the agression, but I think the bowler must be able to control his agression much better now than in my time

Also what about a studio, at lunch breaks. Have analysis and models of pundits and all the things sky sports do in breaks (maybe even special reports)

4) Gameplay. I won't elaborate too much here because a good number of people have already touched on it.
a) Varius bowling and batting actions: So you can choose for your custom player what one you want. Plus, certain batsmen and bowlers should have unique style e.g Malinga the slinger action ect.

5) Career Mode

This would tie in nicely with what I've said, you start off small, with only a certain amount of attribute points and cash, you have to buy a cheap bat and cheap pads as you start you career in a district team from England (NOT A COUNTY TEAM) or Pakitan or Australia ect. you play a season and if you're good enough, you make the county 2nd XI, if not, it's stay at the district team for more practice. You try and play you're way onto the county team, and with that more cash and better equipment. If you're really good you might go to another team, maybe one in your own country, maybe one abroad.
Then it's a shot at playing for your country, in my case it would be Ireland, I would try to win them test status, win the world cup and the intercontinental cup and go top of the one day and test rankings.
When you finish the game you get a bonus movie, maybe 5-10 mins long, with cricket highlights, when you win all of them (it should be on 5 levels for 5 stars) you get an extra bonus film of 30 mins long, profiling the cricket greats (and your player should be one of them) With videos of you character hitting sixes/taking wickets/taking catches (whatever the player is) you then unlock a bonus difficulty (like FIFA 08)

6) More tournaments: I think the IPL, ICL, Pakistani League, District Tournaments, Intercontinental Cup, and Stanford 20/20 should be put in

7) Team liscencing: I don't want to play against Gilfrist or whatever his name is in a normal test series that I create, liscence international teams, even small ones like Ireland and Holland

8) More liscencing of cricket gear: Bats was a great start but having leg guards, gloves, helmet , so on

9) Customization: I think that the create-a-player option has a lot to be desired for, generic bodies should be wiped out and you should be able to choose your height, weight ect. as i said about the career player, use could use a custom player in it. Also a create a team option would be great

10) Custom bowling actions - Be able to create you own players bowling action (like create a swing in TW) customize length of run up, how high he jumps in run up, weather his arm is fully extended or collapsed a little ect. ect - Then you can put in the attributes, plus a grip editor while in game so you actually change the grip on the ball instead of just selecting a stock delivery.

11) Custon Bat: I think this would be a cool, if small feature, being able to put your own graphics on it (On pc you should be able to import a picture from my pictures), be able to change the weight (it's not that hard) and create a couple, so you could use a slogger bat or a light bat in different situations.

12) Graphics: As with the gameplay this has been said a lot. So I'm not going to go into a rant
Better Faces and custom bodies really, plus better crowds. I could say more but it's been said already

13) Import your face: You could have an import a face feature on the game, so you could use a digital pic on the pc, or the eyetoy cameo maker on the ps2, xbox amera on xbox ect.

15) Appeal Button: An idea I saw on the EA forums. An appeal button so you can appeal when you think there's lbw, if you appeal for really stupid things the umpire won't give 50/50's to you, there should be a bar signaling the umpire's faith in your calls.

could not agree more... all of this would make for the best cricket game to date... although that would not really be that hard to accomplish considering there hasnt been that much to compete with so far haha.
I really want there to be some kind of career mode, as well as the customization of characters... customer heights. like a 7 foot tall pace bowler haha. imagine the bounce.

gilly

Club Captain
There have all icc and domestic tounaments and there have also a manager mode like fifa 09 and carrer mode and also be a pro mode:p.
And we can also create a team and tournaments in game. When we want to create a player and we want threre face we give the picture and the face is automaticaly make:p

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

1) Stadiums:

2) Online mode:

3) Commentary:

5) Career Mode

If EA takes these 15 things seriously, then OMG!!! what a brilliant game we would have in our hands

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Game Suggestions

A few of these may have been mentioned before.

1. Different batting styles. (Aggressive, Moderate, Defensive, Tailender)
For the aggressive player the shots should be slogger style shots and the
batsmen should gain "extra" confidence when executing those aggressive
shots correctly. The same for the other batting styles.

2. The meat and toe of the bat should some how come into play. Like if
you're chasing a wide one it hits the toe and just drops dead.

3. Proper player statistics and tracking.

4. A "Be a pro" style season mode revolving around your player. This should
last for 4 years and end once you lead your team to a world cup victory.

5. The use of both analogue sticks for batting. Left - Direction, Right - move
player left, right and in and out of crease.

6. Proper T20 style intros and player stats HUD when a new batter comes in

7. More realistic player movements

8. The bowling marker disappears as soon as the bowler gets to the crease
to make batting more challenging

9. Have different game modes. (Arcade and Authentic) Arcade being an
easier unrealistic mode which any person can enjoy. And authentic for the
true cricket fan. (Proper physics and realistic bowling, batting, scores,
tactics, etc)

10. Edges should fly to the keeper and slips.

11. Fielders should dive along the boundary

12. A history mode. Play some of the greatest matches. (438, Saf v Aus 99
Semi-final, the 2006 Ashes test, etc)

13. Unlock legends such as Bradman, Viv Richards, etc.

14. Commentators change during games.

15. Commentators should commentate in their own country or when their
team is playing.

16. Proper replays and camera angles that change when the ball is hit
instead of just following the ball

17. Maybe the introduction of Hot Spot and the Referal system

18. IPL mode

19. Proper Licenced players and tourniments

20. Players actually emerge from the pavillion

21. Licenced umpires. (Billy Bowden, Rudi, Simon, Asaad, Aleem, etc)

22. Should get commentators to commentate on a live game instead of
reading scripts. This will give the game a more realistic feel to it. Like Bill
Lawry's trademark "Bang Four", "You Beauty", "It's All Happening At The
G", and my favorite, "Hussey's The Key Here"

23. Have Tony Grieg etc. do a pitch report and maybe show the groundsmen
working on the field and the players training at the beginning of the match

24. Being able to change your opening batsman before an innings, as well as being able to retire a batsman.

25. And just for fun and realism, Rain, Streakers, Side Screen Failures, and
the Gatorade truck for drinks breaks

Last edited:

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
A few of these may have been mentioned before.
22. Should get commentators to commentate on a live game instead of
reading scripts. This will give the game a more realistic feel to it. Like Bill
Lawry's trademark "Bang Four", "You Beauty", "It's All Happening At The
G", and my favorite, "Hussey's The Key Here"
And Bumble's "What a shamozzle!" :p

Users who are viewing this thread