The Colin Trophy Tournament Idea

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
A English based tournament on ashes cricket 09. With all English players participating the lag should be minimal.

8 teams, 8 players. 2 groups, 4 teams per group.

Teams will be drawn out of a hat and awarded to players, players will then be drawn out of a hat into a group.

Each player will play the other players in their group once, and the top two teams from each group will then meet in the semi finals etc.

Gas Creed (officially sponsored by Colin:p) approved rules will be in play. :banana2

For this tournament only, i would like to apply the following rules. Any field settings, even those using close in fielders is acceptable, however it must be a default field. Obvious things such as bowling very wide (out of reach of the batsmen) is unacceptable.

Opinions?

Confirmed participants.

Gas
Colin
gudduthemaster*
fayou*
Ricco
zMario*
Annihilation66*
wolrd champions*

*= Needs lag testing.

Last edited:
D

Dutch

A English based tournament on ashes cricket 09. With all English players participating the lag should be minimal.

8 teams, 8 players. 2 groups, 4 teams per group.

Teams will be drawn out of a hat and awarded to players, players will then be drawn out of a hat into a group.

Each player will play the other players in their group once, and the top two teams from each group will then meet in the semi finals etc.

Gas Creed (officially sponsored by Colin:p) approved rules will be in play. :banana2

For this tournament only, i would like to apply the following rules. Any field settings, even those using close in fielders is acceptable, however it must be a default field. Obvious things such as bowling very wide (out of reach of the batsmen) is unacceptable.

Opinions?

Shame it's only for England based players!:( I would love to play an online tournament. I wonder if there's anything around for Kiwi's and Aussie's!?:help

NICK_GIFF

Club Captain
I'm interested in participating.

The problem is that some of us can't seem to play each other - i.e. I can never connect to Earl_CG and Barmy and vice versa...

D

Dutch

Yup, could be an interesting draw as I can't play Nick, Earl, Stevie and a whole load of other people.

Just play byes, or introduce a new version of Duckworth Lewis..."Lag" times "Scoring Rate" divided by "Things I Should Actually Be Doing" subtracted from "Wickets To Go" plus "Coffee To Go". Promises to be an enthralling spectacle. I shall keep my eyes glued on this one!:)

(Foot-stamping and whining) "I wanna play!":crying

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Colin can you draw up a list of people who can play you, that don't lag?

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Lag reasons.

The_gas added 6 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Ok, maybe we will have to open it up to people outside Britain.

However you will need a fast net connection, and testing will have to be done regarding lag.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Ok i have added you both to the list, however i will need to play a game against both of you (just an over or so) to verify that you don't lag, then you will be accepted.

4 potential spaces left if those guys pass the lag test.

Users who are viewing this thread